Laundry, barns and quilts…

Take a timeless blue-and-cream color palette and mix it with traditional pieced and appliqué designs.  What you get is a fabric collection and assortment of quilts that is contemporary, and perfect for the holidays.

LB Blue Barn Houses

This is Blue Barn – the quilt.  It’s made with Blue Barn – the collection by Laundry Basket Quilts.

LB Blue Barn Dreamcatcher

This quilt is Dreamcatcher – it’s one that Edyta has done before but this new version is stunning in cream-and-blue.  The girl does have a knack for this quilting-thing, doesn’t she?

LB Blue Barn Shining Star

Shining Star – before it was quilted.  Edyta has the most beautiful Instagram pictures – from which we’ve borrowed shamelessly.

CT Blue Barn Collection

Classic measures 15″ x 35″ and it’s made using only the squares in the Frivols tin – plus binding and backing, of course.

CT-Blue-Barn-Frivols-Long

This is the full view of the wall-hanging or table-runner.

CT-Frivols-Contents

The Frivol No. 12 – Blue Barn tin will contain:

• A roll of 42 squares – 7″ x 7″ from the Blue Barn collection by Laundry Basket Quilts ~ there are duplicates of several prints.
  • The pattern for the quilt we’ve titled “Classic”
  • 1 Maker block card with a block pattern and a quotation
  • Two Blue Barn-inspired quilt labels designed by Edyta.

Note:  The pattern, quilt labels and Maker card are located under the printed insert – the tin is inside the riser.

CT-Frivols-12-Close

Maker Blocks.

There are a few more pictures coming but here are two little Maker samplers we’ve finished.

CT Maker Sampler Tammy

This was made by Tammy Vonderschmitt using Reproduction scraps in Red, Cream, Tan and Blue.

CT Maker Sampler Tammy Close

This Maker sampler mixes both sizes of blocks.

CT Maker Sampler Judy

Mixing Bramblewood and Lizzie’s Legacy by Betsy Chutchian with a brown Crossweave, this Maker Sampler was designed and made by Judy Adams.

For basic instructions on making both of these quilts and a few other simple variations – Maker Sampler Instructions.

Finally… a few more of Edyta’s beautiful Blue Barn quilts.

LB Blue Barn Quilts

Crystal Ball / Stardust / Sugar Pine

Blue Barn / Shining Star / First Flakes

Aurora / Sleigh Bell Trio / Frosty Windows

And that’s it!  That’s Frivols No. 12.  We hope you’ve enjoyed the tins, collections, quilts and little extras as much as we have.

Thank you!

10 comments on “Laundry, barns and quilts…

1. Little Quiltsong says:

The Blue Barn with the Blue Barn fabric is a must make for me. Just love this quilt. Wish it came in a kit.
    The Frivols are such a nice and fun idea!

2. Mary Andra Holmes says:

Loving the whole collection and every single quilt. Thanking you for a great review.

3. Diane Schwarz says:

Thanks for the delicious quilt show!! Of course, blue is my favorite color.
    What clever and fun things!!!

4. Karen in Breezy Point says:

I’ve loved every blue and white line Edyta has designed and the projects to go with them are to die for–what a talented lady!

5. Linda H says:

Are they going to make any more Frivols or just the 12 that have been issued?

6. Elizabeth says:

Frivols year 2? Please say it is so!

7. Clare says:

I`m so loving my `Frivols` tins and contents. Over here I`m waiting on # 10 but so looking forward to # 12 as love Edyta`s fabrics. I have collected all up to # 9 but have my name down @ my local quilt shop for everyone of these delightful tins. Once quilts made will still be in use 🙂 Happy Stitching.

8. Jane Picksley says:

Hi Carrie,
    Thank you for sending your full post in your email again. I read your posts on my journey to work & my phone doesn’t work well with websites. It’s great to catch up with you again. And I’ve just ordered this beautiful Frivol. 🙂
    Cheers,
    Jane.

9. Donna Nelson says:

I just bought the Blue Barn Frivols tin. In sorting the blue and cream squares before cutting, I am short one cream square, and have one extra blue square. This is the only frivol that I have purchased, and it’s disappointing that this error was made. I thought it was going to be a quick, cute project. Now I have to find more fabric, and my local quilt shop doesn’t carry other Laundry Basket Fabrics. I love the fabric line, just disappointed.

I wouldn’t have posted this problem here, but I did not find a “contact us” on the moda website.

10. Miller-Haraway says:

Sew Moda, what’s the answer to ine less light square and ine extea dark square???