Feeling a bit frivolous…

I know.  I can’t believe it either.  November is almost-done, Thanksgiving is this week, and I don’t even want to think about how rapidly Christmas is approaching.

After that, it will be 2016!

I feel like I just got here yesterday… though I also feel like we worked on these quilts yesterday… and that January was eons ago.  (It doesn’t help that we’re already working on Christmas of next year in the office… “a long winter’s nap?”… yeah, right.)

Let’s get back to the matter at hand – something pretty that’s been in the works for months and months – Frivols No. 4 – the collection is Windermere by Brenda Riddle.

CT-Windermere-Frivol

The quilt is Lakeland – named for the English Lake District that Brenda loves.  The quilt measures 50″ x 50″… though it could be made larger with the addition of a border.  Or the four blocks could be made into pillows.  (I’d keep two and give the other two as gifts.  Maybe.)

I confess that this is one of my favorite tins – it’s PINK!  How could it now be wonderful?

CT-Frivol-Tin-Windermere

I’m still sewing the Maker Blocks – I’m caught up through Month 4.  I’ve also started making some of the extra blocks I’ll need for the sampler quilt I have in mind.  (No, I still can’t believe I’m working on three sampler quilts at the same time.  New Year’s Resolution for 2016 – only one sampler quilt at a time… after I finish these, of course.)

CT-Frivols-Blocks-4

Pictures of finished quilts and “arriving Frivols” are continuing to show up on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag – #ModaFrivols.  So many wonderful finished quilts and projects –

CT-Frivols-Collage

… including one all the way from Australia.

Patchwork Pear

This is from Elizabeth at The Patchwork Pear in Port Lincoln, South Australia.  The quilting is perfection.

We’ve also been having fun with the Moda Sampler Shuffle – #modasamplershuffle.

Moda-Sampler-Shuffle-2

Row 1: Debbie – @quiltedmoose / Thelma – @thelmacupcake / Kristine – @quiltersattitude

Row 2: Jemima – @jemimas_creative_quilting / Laura – @laurastitch / Annalee – @annalee_k

Row 3: Lisa – @lisa.norton.351 / Liz – @lizfromshush / Karyl – @karyllynnesmith

The first twelve blocks have been posted on shop websites around the world – the next three blocks will be available on Friday, November 27th.  It will be something to look forward to after a day of college football, shopping and leftovers.

Moda-Sampler-Shuffle-1

Top left: Diane – @quiltnchick / Bottom left:  Nancy – @nancyoakeson

On the right: Deborah, Kimberly, Sarah & Cheryl – the ladies from @fatquartershop

Me?  I’m caught up – and I’ve finished my flying geese for the borders.  (Of course, I’m behind on the other two sampler projects so I’m not in any danger of get hurt patting myself on the back.)

Cs-Moda-Sampler-Shuffle

I have a Zen Chic-y thing going on – For You, Flow and Modern Background Paper.

With sewing before Market and since, I’ve been unwrapping bundles and rolls, enough to accumulate a nice pile of the measuring tape ribbon.  Enough to make something?

Moda-Tape-Bag

I see another one – or two – of these in my future.

I must sew faster – and more.

With a nice long weekend ahead… I see that in my future.

Happy Thanksgiving!

16 comments on “Feeling a bit frivolous…

1. When will you post the next 12 shuffle blocks for the shops? Thank you.
    Kay-The Quilting Squares

A very inspiring posting. More is better. Right… Love the pouch idea. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your brother.

3. Ruth says:

Is the Moda measuring tape ridden available for sale for only on precut bundles?

Hi Ruth – That particular tape is only available on the bundles but we do have a couple of other measuring tape ribbons that I’ll share next week. 🙂

4. Patty Coates says:

Yes I am interested in the Moda tape as well.
    Will Moda have it for sale?

Hi Patty – Unfortunately, this particular twill tape won’t be available for sale but stay tuned… we do have something else that will probably make an appearance next week. 🙂

I love your twill tape pouch! And yes, I would be a good idea to work just on one sampler at a time … but then the are so much fun:-)

6. nrnoodles says:

I love the little bag. So stinkin cute.

7. Katy says:

Love the bag!

8. Margaret Shaw says:

I love the blocks in the third photo from the top. Where can I get the instructions and what is the name of the block?

Hi Margaret! That block is called Memory and it’s available in most block books. It’s the one we selected for the Maker Block card for Frivol 4. It’s a wonderful block – I love how playing around with color and fabric placement changes it so much. 🙂

9. Brenda says:

Love the Frivols #4 and the pouch! Is there a pattern available for the pouch?

10. oooh your pouch is so cute!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

11. Laura neal says:

How do you get a frivol box?

12. Trying to find moda Rose Queen fabric (which has roses with a paint by number theme) and Uptown birds which has roses and birds. Both have a red background and are very pretty. I need help. I want to make a purse out of the material. Thanks Elizabeth Bogan

Hi Elizabeth – The best places to look for these fabrics will be http://www.quiltshops.com, Etsy and eBay. And I can help you find the specific fabric – I think. 🙂

Let me start with the bird print from Lush Uptown by Erin Michael. That print was released a few years ago so it will be a little harder to find. I am including the link to the PDF for Lush Uptown showing the prints and the stock numbers – it will help with the search.

I’m a bit confused with “Rose Queen” as I don’t have anything with that name on it. But there is a large rose print with a paint-by-numbers theme on a red background in the Purebred collection. I’m hoping that’s the print you’re looking for as it should be easier to find as that fabric just shipped to stores this past month. A search on Google, http://www.quiltshops.com, Etsy and eBay for Purebred and the stock number should turn this fabric up quickly.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed! 🙂