A former interior designer and student of textile design, Brigitte Heitland has been sewing since she was a young girl. After making her own clothes for many years, Brigitte discovered quilting about ten years ago. But she was hooked immediately.
Brigitte brings a modern, sophisticated style in her quilts. They are are characterized by an astute simplicity, harmonious color and outstanding workmanship. Brigitte launched her brand ZEN CHIC in 2010 with her quilt patterns and soon added fabric design. As an experienced, skilled long-arm quilter, she teaches classes on contemporary quilting techniques. She also teaches classes on the use of color, using solids in quilts and finding inspiration for color palettes.
Brigitte is mother of three children and lives with her family in Germany. To learn more about her style and work, you’re invited to visit her website – www.brigitteheitland.de
- Aurifil Threadbox, Moda TRUE BLUE Jelly Roll and Zen Chic pattern GIVEAWAY!Yay - three wonderful ingredients in this very generous giveaway from Aurifil. Today they talk with me about my new collection TRUE BLUE on their blog and what inspired this group.Hop over to get all the new informations and take your chance to win!... Read more »
- BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY WINNERThank you dear readers for participating and following the ZEN CHIC INSPIRED Blog Hop. I could learn so much from your comments, who gave me ideas how to make it easier for you to design your own quilt or to find more confidence in color choices.Of course I'd like to... Read more »
- All good things come to an end... and this ZEN CHIC INSPIRED Blog Hop ends with a giveaway, yay!If you have followed the other bloggers for the last couple of days, you might be as well inspired as I was seeing them bringing the book to action! I saw the... Read more »
- Zen Chic Inspired Blog HopHere I can hold it in hands: Zen Chic Inspired, my first book about modern quilting, especially about how to design a modern quilt just arrived in the mail! Thanks to the great team of Martingale (graphic designer and editors) my vision came true and is now a real physical... Read more »
- My Splendid Sampler Block - Under the Apple-TreeSince this fun project is around already all year long, chances are you’ve heard of the Splendid Sampler. If not, just a couple of words to introduce you in all that fun!The Splendid Sampler is a year-long quilt-along hosted by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. There are nearly countless designers... Read more »
- TRUE BLUE - Zen Chic Collection for Quilt Market Houston 2016Quilt Market Houston 2016 was a blast! We had lots of fun with Moda's theme of this season "What's your super power?" The complete Moda booth was decorated with comic sketches and super hero figures. And - it won an award for the cool idea!We were nearly 30 designers attending... Read more »
- Modern Background Luster fabric collection by Zen Chic has hit stores!Just in time to sew any festive little projects for Christmas LUSTER has arrived in stores. The glamorous sister of Modern Backgrounds PAPER and INK reminds us that life should have lots of sparkling moments.Although we think of golden accents in connection of decorating for holiday, there are much more... Read more »
- HEY DOT fabric collection is coming to stores these daysGreat news, dear quilting friend! The brand new collection HEY DOT of Zen Chic will arrive in stores very soon. They are scheduled for the August delivery.The cotton fabrics for your patchwork and quilt projects are all in the wonderful high quality fibers we know from Moda.HEY DOT is, as... Read more »
- ... Read more »