A former interior designer and student of textile design, Brigitte Heitland has been sewing since she was a young girl. After making her own clothes for many years, Brigitte discovered quilting about ten years ago. But she was hooked immediately.
Brigitte brings a modern, sophisticated style in her quilts. They are are characterized by an astute simplicity, harmonious color and outstanding workmanship. Brigitte launched her brand ZEN CHIC in 2010 with her quilt patterns and soon added fabric design. As an experienced, skilled long-arm quilter, she teaches classes on contemporary quilting techniques. She also teaches classes on the use of color, using solids in quilts and finding inspiration for color palettes.
Brigitte is mother of three children and lives with her family in Germany. To learn more about her style and work, you’re invited to visit her website – www.brigitteheitland.de
- The voucher for our PDF-Patterns goes to.... TINA! Congratulations!I have sent you a privat message.If you didn't win the voucher and still want to have a pattern, just visit one of my last blogposts. There you can download the step-by-step instructions for theJelly Roll pattern IKAT for free or you can visit myonline-shop to discover all my different patterns.... Read more »
- 11 ways to use Jelly Rolls for modern quilts & GIVEAWAYYesterday we were already starting to celebrate the upcoming NATIONAL JELLY ROLL DAY on September 16th.Today we have more Jelly Roll pattern inspiration for you. And since you are maybe already familiar with Zen Chic and our pattern style (or you may be new, then: welcome!) – we are showcasing... Read more »
- Free Jelly Roll Pattern IKAT & GIVEAWAY!Did you know, that there is a new installed National Day of celebration? No??? Well, for us as quilters it should be nearly as important as Christmas Day is. It's National Jelly Roll Day, and this yearly event is on the 16th of September every year (starting 2017)! Hey, champagne, cookies,... Read more »
- 5 clever ideas to use the panel print of COLORBOX -and a GIVEAWAYLast week I introduced you to our newest collection MODERNBACKGROUNDS COLORBOX.A special addition to the collection is a so-called cheater-print or panel. There are three different panels, each representing one of the three colour groups, white eggshell and fog. Low volumes are spread in a checkerboard pattern overlaid from big dots... Read more »
- Colorbox - a modern low volume fabric collection for your best quiltsI’m so happy to show you my new fabrics! I was inspired by graphic natural structures and fresh bright colors and that’s what I have created:Do you remember the low volume series PAPER and INK? MODERBACKGROUND COLORBOX is completing the palette with subtle color textures on fog, eggshell and white. That means:... Read more »
- WHY ZEN CHIC INSPIRED MAKES YOU A BETTER QUILTER PART 3This is the third blogpost in a series, you will find part 1 here and part 2 here.The series is about a challenge: My quilt buddies came up with this idea to proof how my book can have an impact on them. All of them went from the same inspirational... Read more »
- WHY ZEN CHIC INSPIRED WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER MODERN QUILTER - PART 2In last week's blog post I already introduced my new quilt book ZEN CHIC INSPIRED, A GUIDE FOR THE MODERN QUILTER.I talked about what is Zen Chic Inspired and for whom I wrote this book. And I also showed you a little sneak peek inside and a video about my... Read more »
- Why Zen Chic Inspired will make you a better modern Quilter - Part 1What is ZEN CHIC INSPIRED?Zen Chic Inspired is a new book, my first book, a guide for modern quilters. I connect the dots between Interior design and quilting by guiding you how to derive a quilt idea from a room, to be more exact: from that room which is the... Read more »