Blockheads ~ Two?

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Will you be our Valentine?

We’re sending “hearts” today to several lovely ladies who have finished their Blockheads’ quilt tops.

This is Robin of Petty Quilt Junction’s quilt.  Robin shared this on Instagram – @pettyquiltjunction.  It’s quilted and bound!

This is Randi’s quilt – @randicassellius.  Those red stars are a wonderful finish.

And Susanne – @susanne3410.

Congratulations ladies!  You’re all ready for Blockheads 2!

That’s our exciting news to share today – there will be a Blockheads 2!

Here’s what we know for sure:

• Starting date – to be determined.  We’re still working that part out but it probably won’t be before May so… get busy and finish Blockheads 1.
  • The Original Six will be there – here.  Lynne Hagmeier, Betsy Chutchian, Jan Patek, Jo Morton and Lisa Bongean… and one or more of them might be bringing along a friend.
  • There will be a few new wrinkles… a few details to iron out.  (I just couldn’t resist that one.)
  • While the finished quilt will still be mostly a Mystery, we will have the proposed layout and yardage estimates at the beginning.

Have you seen Lisa Bongean’s quilt top?

It’s spectacular – and huge!  It’s 88″ square.  I can’t wait to see this one when it’s quilted and completely finished.

Mine?  I’ve made some progress.

But I’ll hurry up now that I know there’s a Blockheads 2 coming.

Happy Wednesday and Happy Valentine’s Day!

Jump to Leave us a Comment

36 comments on “Blockheads ~ Two?

1. Carol T says:

Goodie goodie goodie…BLOCKHEADS 2‼️

That’s the best news! Now I just need to finish blockhead #1 but I’m positive I’ll get it done till May:-) Happy Valentine’s Day and yes, of course, I’ll be your Valentine❤️

3. Linda Caldwell says:

YEAH!!!!! for Blockheads 2. Wednesdays just aren’t the same without Blockheads. Can’t wait for the next start. I’m hurrying to finish Blockheads 1. Thanks Moda.

4. Sue Hook says:

Yeah that’s the best valentines gift ever. I can’t wait

5. Mary Jane Rieg says:

Great News! I love seeing all the creativity. Thanks ladies. I am looking forward to seeing Blockheads2!

6. WesternNYLady says:

It’s amazing to see such different takes on the blocks & layouts. Looking good. Now that I know there will be a Blockheads 2 I can get in at the start and QAL. Maybe I’ll even get my geese to soar.

7. Toni Vitrano says:

Hurray! Congrats to all who finished their Blockheads 1 quilt. They are amazing. Looking forward to Blockheads 2.

8. Susan says:

I started Blockheads 1 and life got in the way. Can’t wait to do #2!

9. Linda H says:

Hurray!

10. Mandy says:

It is so intriguing to see how the same exact blocks look so different in various styles and fabric! Very inspiring!

11. Dianne D says:

I was not aware of Blockheads 1 but I’m all in for Blockheads 2! Looking forward to learning more

12. Renee M. says:

Gorgeous quilts! Another round of total fun…Blockheads 2! Thanks so much! Happy Valentines Day!

13. Tracey says:

Stunning quilts!! I had been keeping up with the BH and then I fell off the wagon for the last two months of it. I will finish it tho and I love seeing all of these finishes. Have a great day filled with sewing and chocolate, Carrie!!

14. Cathy says:

Oh those quilts are sooo nice. Lisa’s quilt is truly spectacular!!! And Block Heads 2?…. makes my heart go pitter patter! Happy Valentines Day to all.

15. Pat Bley says:

I’m so happy to hear you girls are coming back with a Block Heads 2. You don’t know how much I looked forward to getting a new block pattern every week. Thanks!!!

16. Sheila Herb says:

I’m looking forward to Blockheads 2.

17. Sandra B says:

Great news!! Looking forward to it… Now, I just need to get busy and finish up Blockheads 1 …..
    Happy Valentine’s Day!!

18. Laure T says:

Yeah!!! I’m way behind on Blockheads 1, but will continue working on it – and am so looking forward to Blockheads 2. Happy Valentine’s Day!

19. collen says:

Yes. as I am finishing #1 – I’m ready for #2

20. blaquilts says:

I’m so excited to have Blockheads 2 – Wednesdays have not been the same! Lisa’s quilt is magnificent! Can’t wait to see Carrie’s finished. Haven’t set mine yet, but the blocks have been finished which was quite a feat for me! I kept up and really enjoyed the process. Thank You!

21. Fran Anderson says:

Yea!!! So excited to hear there will be a Blockheads 2!! This has been so much fun!

22. Yippee! A great Valentine’s treat! Thanks so much!

23. Mary Andra Holmes says:

Sooooo exciting. I’m in on blockheads 2 for sure.

24. Mary Andra Holmes says:

All of the above quilts are fabulous.

25. bobbie rumler says:

good to hear about the new blockhead 2 looking forward to it I loved reading and seeing all the blocks

26. Ingrid says:

That’s great news. Now I better make decision and get it finished. Still going to use my stash but this time a more planned approach to the fabric selection! I like a scrappy quilt but this one is way crazy. Ok gotta go sew

27. Stephani in N. TX says:

Lovely finished quilts, with more to come for sure. Loved getting to know Lisa Bongean better, along with the other designers who took turns coming up with new blocks. Hearts to all of you!

28. amq97 says:

Yippy Skippy!!! Looking forward to it. Loved seeing the finished. I’ve been officially spurred on. Thanks!! Allison C. Bayer, Plano, Texas USA

29. Janie B says:

Lisa’s quilt top is gorgeous. I have all the patterns but have not started.. Soon.

• Donna Lee says:

I’m with Janie! Loved reading the emails every week, and printed out every pattern. Will start soon. And can’t wait for Blockheads 2. Thank you Moda and the wonderful ladies!

30. Jacque says:

Whoo Hoo for a number two

31. Kelsie says:

That makes me so happy! Blockheads 2. Question for anyone… I’m fairly new to quilting. To use stars as cornerstones, would I end each sashing piece with corners? I hope that made sense? Say indigo cornerstones with yellow sashing and then sorta like sew small indigo squares on the end and press back to become triangles or like a “snowball” corner? I’m just curious not planning to do it with my Blockheads.

32. Yay! I LOVED Wednesdays like never before just because of Blockheads. Thanks to all you ladies for your hard work in the first sew-along. I can hardly wait until Blockheads 2 starts….and….thanks for posting pictures. I am still deciding on my quilt set-up but am getting some great ideas. Blessings……

33. Katy says:

Great news! So glad to know that some information will be given at the start to help with fabric amounts. It would help me plan on amount for a consistent background choice. Etc. Love it!

34. Patricia A. Adams says:

Yippee! so happy for Wednesday’s again……Thanx Ladies of Blockheads 2…Love it!

35. Christie says:

Whoo hoo! One more reason to like Wednesday (again)! I’m still finishing Blockheads 1. My job keeps getting in the way. Can we make quilting a standard for Common Core?