Not that anybody is counting…

But it’s four weeks until Spring 2016 International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.

CT-SLC-Postcard

You know what that means – Fabric?  Lots of it.  Can’t show it to you yet.  Quilts.  A few.  Can’t show those either.  There’s building going on and a few folks have earned some merit badges for work above-and-beyond the call of duty.  Pictures?  Nope.  Soon.

What I can tell you is that a little gathering of us took a trip down a country road near a grand canal outside Baltimore on a Saturday morning for some farm fun.  We saw blooms from the desert and fleurs at a lovely flower market tended by a little girl named Olive.  Our day was filled with chestnuts, acorns and some hazelwood, and we ate pumpkin pie with a darling little boy named Dickens.  We spoke about books and Manderley until a plush kitten meowed.  After our journey of hope, we found some lovely handmade trinkets that lustered in the sun just a hop, skip and a jump away.

That makes no sense whatsoever, does it?

It will.

Okay, it probably won’t but it’ll have to do until later.

One last thing to share.

We shared a picture on Instagram and Facebook done by a lovely quilter named Lori College.  Lori is the store manager at Thimble Pleasures Quilt Shop in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  She writes a blog titled SewSleepless and after seeing this series of pictures with different captions, she wondered what these expressions would mean if “Lucy was a quilter…”

We shared that image and then Lori re-did the last image…

CT-We-Love-Lucy

We love Lucy.  And we love Lori!  Thank you!

Happy Friday!

14 comments on “Not that anybody is counting…

1. My husband opens the closet anyway! No secrets around here. Ha ha. And it makes sense. Why do I need more than five years of fabric? I am currently sewing quilts with fabric purchased four and nine years ago just to ease my guilty conscience. With sixty million refugees in the world, I feel horrible guilt. But I don’t think anyone else need to feel guilt. Buying fabric keeps people employed, right?

2. Tina says:

My husband knows that I am addicted to fabric. I keep telling him there are worse things that I could be addicted to. He loves me and understands…Well, he tries to understand. He converted the garage into a sewing room. Ya, he loves me.

3. Mama Pris Phillips says:

My hubby can’t say anything about my fabric addiction because he now has a “Prosche collection!!!” A 1975 Porsche 914 that he restored and his recently acquired 1992 Porsche Boxter! (Or is it a Boxer?) Anyway he KNOWS he can’t say a word about what I spend on fabric! Yay yay!!

4. Is having IQM at Salt Lake a new thing???? Sounds cool. Where will it be held? Who can attend market?
    And you’re sure it’s not just Home Machine Quilting Show?I live in Utah County, less than 60 miles away.
    I’m always looking for more excuses to learn, grow, meet the quilting friends that I follow, and see more quilts and fabrics!

• Sandie says:

Spring market rotates locations in a series of different cities to make it easier for smaller LQS owners to make it. I can’t remember all of the cities it is in but the cycle includes Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake. Market is a Trade Show, so only credentialed professionals and their help can attend. I was able to go when it was in Pittsburgh to assist my LQS owner. If you ever get the opportunity to attend it is not to be missed!

Hi Rachell – What Sandie wrote.

This is the third time that Spring International Quilt Market has been in Salt Lake City. The “rotation” is usually every five years. Going back chronologically from last Spring, it was Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Portland, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis… and so on. Next year will be different, Spring Market is going to St. Louis, Missouri.

As Sandie wrote, Quilt Market is a wholesale show only. It is open to quilt shop owners and “industry professionals”. I’m not sure what the requirements are to be credentialed for the last category but I know that teachers, long-arm quilters and people with a quilt-related “business” are able to attend.

5. amq97 says:

Thanks for the tease!! I can make the face that Lucy does in the 3rd frame top row. I practiced a lot!!

6. Carol says:

Is this show for the general public? or is it only for wholesalers/retailers?????

Hi Carol – Quilt Market is a wholesale show only so it is only open to shop-owners and credentialed people with quilt-sewing-industry related businesses.

Fall Quilt Festival in Houston and Spring Quilt Festival in Rosemont, Illinois are retail shows open to everybody. And all the AQS shows, and Pacific International Quilt Festival, and the big show in Santa Clara every Fall, and Road 2 California, and a host of other shows that I can’t think of right now. 🙂

• Carol says:

Thanks for you reply. I was suspecting that the show was not for the general public! I was going to use it as an excuse to go to Utah. LOL Have fun.

7. kshackabq says:

You are such a tease, Carrie! We are all eagerly waiting LOL Hang in there!!

8. Sandra B says:

Love all the Lucy pics!! Cannot wait to see all those things we can’t see now!!

9. findfabrics says:

Hi Carrie,

I would like to be a bee on this farm fun trip.
    Humm….you mentioned this little riddle ‘….fleurs at a lovely flower market tended by a little girl named Olive…’ and immediately the names Odile and Ecole came to my mind…. just wondering.
    Already looking forward for Moda representative bringing the lovely bouquets of fabric samples.
    By the way, we couldn’t resist sharing the Lucy pictures 🙂

Val

10. amyps says:

I live near Baltimore & have no idea what you are talking about. When you do say more about the riddle, please provide more details.

Susquehanna & Tidewater (PA to NW MD)
    Chesapeake & Ohio – DC to Western MD
    Chesapeake & Delaware – NW MD to Delaware

HMM none are near Baltimore by any stretch of the imagination.