The Versatile Moda Jelly Roll
Not only are there some amazing jelly roll patterns available…
But those incredible “Spell it with Moda” letters can all be made with jelly roll or 2 1/2″ strips!
And there are also a lot of other fun uses for your Moda Jelly Rolls or bits and pieces left over from your favorite Jelly Roll quilts.
Here are 10 ideas for Jelly Roll strips and scraps:
- Make strip sets for 9-patch blocks
- Make strip sets for 4-patch blocks
- Cut strips 4 1/2″ long. Use with 2 1/2″ squares (Moda Candy squares work great) to create scrappy Flying Geese blocks.
- Sew strips together for a scrappy back.
- Make “framed” 9-patch blocks (1 Jelly Roll strip is enough to frame a 6″ finished 9-patch.
- Make a “coins” quilt using left over Jelly Roll pieces.
- Make Log Cabin blocks.
- Make piano key borders for a scrappy quilt.
- Make kitchen accessories: pot holders, place mats, mug rugs, or coasters.
- Make scrappy binding by cutting Jelly Roll strips into fourths and then sewing together as many pieces as needed for the length desired.