Moda Candy–Oh Sew Sweet!

Happy Friday! I’m so happy to be here today talking about one of my absolute very favorite things…Moda Candy! These wonderful packs of 2 1/2″ squares have  been so much fun. Not only are they cute as can be, but they’re also wonderful to work with and have inspired several of my most recent projects!

Moda Candy packs are not only a good resource for deciding on your favorite pieces from an upcoming collection…they are also a wonderful addition to your fabric stash. It’s so much fun to mix and match Moda Candy packs from different Moda collections and designers, too. Lots of fast and fun projects can be made which require only 1 or 2 of these adorable packs!

In fact, I love Moda Candy so much I just recently started a monthly 2 1/2″ square “sew along.” Find out all about it on this post (the first month’s project is the table runner pictured above. You can make it in a smaller size using just one Moda Candy pack or in a little bit bigger size using one Candy pack and  just a few extra squares.

Future projects will include patterns from the first and and second Moda Candy pattern books (yes, there is now a second wonderful Moda Candy pattern book available) and from other designers as well as occasional free patterns and tutorials. These wonderful pattern books pictured above and available from United Notions have patterns for mini quilts, wall hangings, small quilts, and pincushions.

And with the holidays approaching, what better way to get a jump-start on your gifts than with projects that are easy to complete using these pre-cut Moda Candy squares.

I’ll be posting monthly here on the Cutting Table blog with lots of ideas for these versatile and “oh so useable” pre-cuts. Start gathering up your Moda Candy for fun projects and patterns!

17 comments on “Moda Candy–Oh Sew Sweet!

1. KaHolly says:

Sounds sweet and yummy!

2. I have been stocking up on these from my local quilt shop….I just love them. Have a table runner ready to quilt too.

3. Lee says:

I am doing a shop hop with local quilt shops today! I am going to stock up for some holiday gift making! thanks!

4. I joined a monthly club from Fat Quarter Shop to be sent these sweet little packages every month for awhile. I love collecting them up and will make a big charm quilt with them one day – I love how you can get the full fabric lines in little bits.

5. I love the mini charm packs! Two ate perfect to make a simple pillow cover. As you said, I’ve mixed a couple different ones to make it even more scrappy. They are like candy. You can’t help yourself!

6. paulette says:

I need to get my hands on some candy…to heck with the diet!! :o)))
    Paulette

7. I was at a retreat recently where some of the attendees had their noses in the air tsk tsk tsking about pre-cuts. It was so funny and arrogant. You can understand why I left a day early…
    Me, I love pre-cuts. I love the collections and the variety. My message is: Get over yourself ladies. Give them a try because Pre-cuts are GOOD for business!

8. How about showing some of the patterns in the new Candy Book in the blog. Would be helpful. Thanks.

9. Marianne says:

I started collecting 2.5 inch squares to make a charm quilt and then a year later Moda comes out with these! Great timing!

10. Julie Crooks says:

I cannot find those pattern books on United Notions at all. Does someone have the link? I’ve searched for several different things and can’t get them to come up.

It’d be great if they were linked within the blog post so if I come back at a later date, I can find them again.

11. Cecilia says:

I need to start buying more of these. Thanks for the ideas.

12. VickiT says:

What a great idea. I need to check the books out too that you mentioned.

13. queenopearls says:

I SO do NOT need more fabric. I MUST have these! 🙂
    Sah weet!!! Thank you… I love these!!!

14. Alicia says:

where does one get the moda candy pattern books?

15. I need to start carrying these in my store!

16. Kim M says:

I’ve been getting these from some of my favorite collections to use as a part of a huge postage stamp quilt!

17. How can you obtain the Candy pattern booklets?