Moda designers are no different than the rest of us when it comes to resolutions, and they have big plans for improving their sewing time in 2013. Here are some of their New Year’s sewing resolutions:
1. Julie Comstock: To do more sewing for others. It’s my favorite kind of sewing and I’m hoping with this outlook I’ll find myself completing more projects, more often.
2. Sandy Klop: I’m going to try very hard to record every quilt I make or finish in 2013!
3. Mary Jane Butters suggests that a great resolution is “Teach a child to sew” and she’s going to do just that. She’s oiled her kid-sized machine in anticipation of quality time with her 6-year-old granddaughter.
4. Lucie Summers: To sew an award-winning quilt.
5. Pat Sloan: I promise—Scout’s honor—to finish ONE UFO a month…really! My stack of tops alone is more than 12, and I have projects too.
6. Joanna Figueroa: I plan on sewing more with my 8-year-old daughter this year. Its just too easy for me to sew for deadlines and work projects but I want to sew more just for us. She has her own machine so I am looking forward to sewing together, side by side. We’ll see how that works out!
7. Camille Roskelley (here with mom Bonnie): To finish up the projects I started long ago, and especially to help my boys finish up the quilts they started last summer. In fact, I think we’ll start on that tomorrow.
8. Brigitte Heitland: To also start sewing clothing from my own fabrics.
9. Vanessa Christensen: To finally outfit my sewing space. I’m buying a wall full of shelves. I know it’s not actually sewing, but I need to organize my space so I can sew more properly.
10. Anne Sutton: To organize my wool stash in baskets by color so it’s easier to find what I need.
11. Me and My Sister designers
Mary: To try this “chain sewing” thing again….I no longer want to be a thread waster!!!!
Barb: To finish an “apple core” quilt top that I have been working on for MANY years now. I still love these fabrics from Moda’s original collection by Robyn Pandolph called Folk Art Wedding. I am going to make a point to finish this one before 2014!
So, how about YOU? What’s your sewing resolution for the coming year?