Norwegian quilt designer, born oct 2, 1968. Lives in the small town of Steinkjer, in the middle of Norway, have a husband and 4 kids (3 daughters (22, 20, 14 yrs) and 1 son (11 yrs).
An architect by education, and worked many years as an architect both in public planning and house construction, before devoting full time work to the quilt designing business in 2011. Northern Quilts started in 2002, when I began designing quilts. Northern Quilts expanded to be a quilt shop business also, and are now one of Norway’s best known web shops.
Wenche (pronounced “Venk-a” with a small V like you would say “Vector”) have designed a lot of quilt patterns and stitchery patterns for the Scandinavian market. Her patterns have been published in a been published in the Norwegian, Swedish and Danish quilt magazines, European QuiltMania, American Patchwork & Quilting and Australian Homespun. In 2013 she began designing fabrics.
I’m inspired by Nordic nature and traditions of course, and I try to combine the fun & cute with more graphic shapes. To make a quilt is all about having fun, and if my designs can bring a smile to your face, I have succeeded!
- Splendid Sampler II: BALANCE free quilt blockSo this is my free quilt block for the Splendid Sampler II!I did the Balance block. I guess you are like me, trying to balance life; family, kids, work, money, sleep, friends and all the other things?I was inspired by my kids old toys and vintage elephant toys!Love elephants, they... Read more »
- Make your own shopping tote! Sy din egen handleveske!I made a tutorial so you can sew your own Shopping Tote!The pattern is in Norwegian- but there is step-by-step photos (and you can translate the text using Google translate).The shopping bag has hidden side seams, and a cute Kokeshi doll applique!Tutorial for the shopping tote HERE in Quiltemagasines web... Read more »
- Nostalgisk Søm, herlig bok er i handelen nå!So I´m writing this post in Norwegian, since its a new Norwegian sewing book! I wish the book could be published in english too! An yes, I´m a guest designer for the cake bag! Nostalgisk Søm: Herlig sybok av Anna Solum og Toril Svarva.Anna og Toril er mor og datter,... Read more »
- New patterns in QuiltemagasinetJust wanted to show you 2 of the projects I did for the Scandinavian Quiltemagasinet issue 3/2018.The first one is a quilt with Star-in-a-star block!Fresh summer colors; reds, light blues and lime greens.And dots!Love dots.12 blocks, and the issue have of course step-by-step-instructions how to make the block. I used... Read more »
- The Splendid Sampler II- Sew AlongThe Splendid Sampler II sew along have started! Here you will get 20 FREE wonderful, new quilt blocks- and MORE amazing block will be in the book The Splendid Sampler II!Two amazing people are our hosts; Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson! There are 80 quilt designers from all over the... Read more »
- TrøndelagNorway goes through some changes- and the regional county Nord-Trøndelag and Sør-Trøndelag (North and South Trondelag) are merged into TRØNDELAG. A region with lots of everything- the center of Norway! Visit us!Without Trøndelag, there were no Norwegian history! ;-DThis song is going viral - in Norway 😉 - at the... Read more »
- Hi! Long time, no see!I´ve just been very very busy, and sometimes I wonder if FB and Instagram are where all the attention are! It´s almost summertime, my new collection is about to release to the quilt shops. Can´t wait to show you!Right now I have a deadline for my... Read more »