Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Charm Week 4!Here is a peek at this week’s Charm swap pattern…Me and My Sisters using Lauries Minick & Simpsons’s fabrics….This would make a great baby quilt!!! Hop on over to Mary & Barb’s BLOG to get the pattern! Check back each Wednesday thru July for a new charm quilt each week.… Read more »
- summer fun…It’s time to post some pictures of family fun…the 4th of July week and this last weekend have been my scheduled vacation since January…I love summer…I love the heat…the summer nights especially the sunsets on Anchor Point…for those of you who are new here we named our home we build… Read more »
- Moda Charm Week 3!Here is a peek at this week’s Charm swap pattern…Laurie from Minick & Simpson using Sherri’s fabrics….This would made a super cute little girl quilt!!! Hop on over to Lauries BLOG to get the pattern! Check back each Wednesday thru July for a new charm quilt each week. Watch next… Read more »
- Farmhouse Gatherings Book & KitsThe flannel fabric is coming this month!!!! We are super excited! Farmhouse Gatherings Wool & Needle Flannel Here is a link to see all the prints up close...CLICK HERE Shades of grey, cream and tans…and the softest, highest quality flannel you will ever stitch with. Flannel that looks like WOOL!… Read more »
- and the rest of the Moda Block Heads 2…blocks 34, 47 & 48- the appliqué blocks…Good news…My quilt is done and off to the quilter..bad news…I forgot to photograph the last three appliqué blocks of Jan’s and Lauries…so…..you will have to see them from these shots from when Amy was stitching them together for me… This is block 47 from Jan I used wool appliqués… Read more »
- Moda Charm Week 2!So I hope you are loving these weekly posts because here is another fabulous one…hop on over to Sherri HERE to see what she has done using Lynne’s famous Kansas Trouble fabrics…here is a sneak peek! Check back each Wednesday thru July for a new charm quilt each week. Watch… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2….. Blocks- 37, 46, 33, 41, 52, 24, 23, 29, 27!ALMOST done…Head on over to this link below if you need the pattern for any of these blocks…Here is another batch…still catching up, but oh so close to being done! http://blog.modafabrics.com/block-heads-2/ Block 37 BLOCK 46 BLOCK 33 BLOCK 41 BLOCK 52 BLOCK 24 BLOCK 23 BLOCK 28 BLOCK 29… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads-Catching up, as promised! Blocks, 30, 50, 45, 44, 49!Time to get our Block Head quilt done!!! Here are 5 blocks from yesterday! I bet some of you thought I was not going to finish/show these…wrong-o…I am proud FINISHER! But I know my limits…so now that I am home for 5 weeks…this will get done before I go to… Read more »
- Moda Charm Swap kicks off now!I did not want you to miss the first day of our Charm Swap! Our quilts are perfect for your Moda 5″ charm packs and coordinating sashing and border fabrics! Start rounding up or collecting more 5″ Charm packs for each of the designers! Click on over to: Kansas Trouble Quilts to… Read more »