Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Block Heads 2- Block 40 & 39I am writing this in the Doc’s office…I am going for a 6 month mammogram check up…I have a 2mm something that they are watching…it has not grown…he tells me not to worry but they will be watching it for a year or more…so good new for me…but PLEASE everyone… Read more »
- Updated 2019 Crazy Seasons Mystery Quilt Sew-A-LongThis new blog hop is a big deal…so much that we do not think you will be pleased with getting a block each week…these blocks will be intense and we need to give you and us all involved a little more time to complete them…So here is the new schedule…there… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2…Block 38-Anchor Point, Block 10 & 35 also!Hey All….I hope you all had the most wonderful-est of Holidays…I am ready for the NEW YEAR!…Very happy to welcome you all to 2019! I am excited…I have been organizing and puttering around the house for a couple of days now…I have a couple of goals for 2019…and the main… Read more »
- 2019 Blog Hop-Crazy Seasons Mystery Quilt Sew-A-Long…I hope you are are relaxing and hopefully not having to go back to work already…but I had a great/easy day today…cleaned up some things…organized a little bit and then worked in my home studio for a bit…on this… I noticed Gloria from Olde Green Cupboard posted about our upcoming… Read more »
- Merry Christmas!!!Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Thank you for following my blog during our Needful Things and all throughout the year…I can’t wait to see who commented the most this year…There may be a prize!!! I have a little something for you so you can get started on next year’s gifts/decorating as soon… Read more »
- 12 Days of Christmas…Needful Things…Day 1One more sleep…and the magical day is here… Day 1 Juki & Accessories Now this post is the same as it has been for the last couple of years….but by far the most IMPORTANT Needful Thing there is…without this machine I would not be half the Quilter I am today…read… Read more »