Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- What’s going on in Jacksonville?Lots of wool work…that’s what going on… We are Retreating at the beautiful Hyatt at St. Johns Town Center. We had a slight delay from the Hurricane Dorian….with out shipments being held up but they were all delivered on Monday and after lunch we were off busily…tracing, ironing, cutting and… Read more »
- July Wool Subscription Box reveal…Look at all these yummy wool goodies…that were sent out late July! Two on-going Everlasting blocks, a bundle of wools, stitch cards… recipes… and…the famous caramels! Luna… a fall pumpkin mat was the featured kit this box…the white pumpkins sewn on a gorgeous fall plaid…. 8 new additions to our… Read more »
- Summer Is over???Well…some think the end to summer is Labor Day weekend…I disagree…there still are plenty of nice/warm days left…I know some of you are in a much warmer climate…but your wearing your puff North Face jacket when it drops to 80 degrees…so lets just say…for you the cooler weather can’t come… Read more »
- You won’t want to miss this…*WARNING* Long post alert…but lots of info…read til the end… Did you see this awesome, newest book on crazy stitches? Not only does it give you some great ideas for your seam designs….It informs and shows you how to use these stitch templates that are also available… Click HERE to… Read more »
- Blog Winners…Hey Everyone!! Life has been crazy here…I am working on another blog post but thought I would post the winners from my last two blog posts… Kay U McAllister My latest obsession? Love what they have done with all the dishes, wished my refrigerator was that neat and clean. Thanks… Read more »
- My latest obsession?This might surprise you a bit…but then again maybe not…As you know I have this beautiful kitchen and that makes be want everything in it to be awesome as well… so here it is…. I am obsessed with Pyrex! Not only because it is better/healthier way for storing your food… Read more »
- Moda Charm Week 6It’s the last day of July (sad face) already! My favorite time of the year is flying by fast! (as always) but lets celebrate with a give-away…read on! Here is a peek at this week’s Charm Swap pattern…Vanessa from Lella Boutique is using MY Star & Stripe Gatherings fabrics….This is… Read more »
- Jacksonville Retreat Projects!I know some of you are “on the fence” and are waiting to see what NEW projects I have designed for our Jacksonville Florida retreat…and…here they are…The projects are not available to the public yet…so be patient until after the retreat, I will post when they are ready. Fall is… Read more »
- Moda Charm Week 4!Here is a peek at this week’s Charm swap pattern…Me and My Sisters using Lauries Minick & Simpsons’s fabrics….This would make a great baby quilt!!! Hop on over to Mary & Barb’s BLOG to get the pattern! Check back each Wednesday thru July for a new charm quilt each week.… Read more »