Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Block Heads 2 Finishing…Today Corey’s block 52 will post!!It is the final block to the mystery...click here to go and print your block 52! We are all amazed at how fast these weeks fly by…kind of scary??? I have been thinking hard about this quilt and how I wanted to finish it…so I… Read more »
- 3 week vacation?For Real…I am in Miami….for the trip of a lifetime…We (Olde Green Cupboard Girls) are bring 50 some quilters along with some significant others (about 80 total) on a transatlantic trip from Miami to Rome…2 weeks…with stops along the way…I can’t wait to tell you all about it here…I have… Read more »
- Moon Garden Block 12…and finishing options…revised againSo… all good things must come to an end… I’m sad this I almost over but then… we are starting to plan another if this ends well…look for it starting in Fall… Please read the whole post before ordering…to make sure you have seen everything. I want to make… Read more »
- Moon Garden Block 12…and finishing options…So… all good things must come to an end… I’m sad this I almost over but then… we are starting to plan another if this ends well…look for it starting in Fall… Please read the whole post before ordering…to make sure you have seen everything. I want to make… Read more »
- March…just madnessIt’s ALREADY March…so even though a lot of us are still having crazy weather we know Spring HAS to come soon … I am still working on my blog post about Nashville, and Daytona…so you will see that soon…but here is March’s Quilt & Pillow offerings…and a little Spring decorating…It… Read more »
- News from the Shop…Just want to keep you informed about what is happening at Primitive Gatherings…. We are ALL…everyone, every shop… still waiting for our Star & Stripe Gatherings pre cut to come…the newest up date is March 14 ish…I know…come on already!!! We hear you…we have about 200 orders with a pre… Read more »
- Getting Ready for Rome…but also Quilting Cruise in 2020!Let’s go!!! We are currently heavily participating in Winter here…(Nick just caught a Northern Pike through the ice in front of the house…first “ice fishing” fish he has ever caught here) I can’t stop thinking about being somewhere warm…So I can’t think of a better time to start getting ready… Read more »