Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Ok…this is CRAZY! Awesome!So about two weeks ago I received a message from a young women on FB Messenger..she was contacting me because we had both entered our DNA on 23&Me…we were related…it was saying we were first cousins…and we were trying to figure out how…so long story short her Mom was adopted… Read more »
- Summer blocks of the week…All versions…I have been delaying this post because we have new website…and we are working through some issues and we appreciate all of you who are encountering them and working with us through them…and please “be kind” when calling Judy P. or any of the girls at the shop…this is not… Read more »
- Welcome to Spring Quilt Market 2019!I would love to share with you all what we have been working on to get to this great event! Lots of hours late night & weekend stitching along with overnight shipping from our fabulous machine quilters to make this all possible… Here is the Primitive Gatherings booth…Featuring the all… Read more »
- covered zipper pillow tutorialHey Everyone!!! I am not going to have a pillow and quilt combo for May, but instead I did a great tutorial for making an easy covered zipper for all the pillows you are going to make in the future…(Quilt Market is next week (no…it is going on right now!)…and… Read more »
- Just we ALL have been waiting for…Yay!!! New Rulers!!!We are on our way to Kansas City for Quilt Market and My new rulers have arrived…see the video below for all the details! Free gift with purchases also! I now have a complete set…3″x7″, 6″x6″, 5″x15″, 15″x15″ & 8″x24″… Here is there official lingo… This 15’x15″ Itty… Read more »
- winners for Moda Block Heads II post…Hello…I’m Back…from Rome… I stayed home from Paducah b/c I had way to much stuff to do…and now it’s time to get some normal in my life…but first I promised a give-away…and look what it is….If you read my last post…way on the bottom was this little giveaway… I have… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Finishing…Today Corey’s block 52 will post!!It is the final block to the mystery...click here to go and print your block 52! We are all amazed at how fast these weeks fly by…kind of scary??? I have been thinking hard about this quilt and how I wanted to finish it…so I… Read more »