Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Triangle Gatherings…Block 32Click Here to print block block-32 I’m in Paducah this week and today was the first day of the show for us in the Finkel Building on Kentucky Ave… It was a great day and I saw/visited with a lot of you!!! I just ate dinner at the mexican restaurant Tribeca…downtown and then... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings…Block 31How are you all doing??? I’m hanging out with “little man” today…wonder what we will get into today…just before nap time we were blowing bubbles and shooting them with the squirt gun!!! Look close you can see the bubbles!!! Here’s a block for the weekend!!! Click here to print block-31 ... Read more »
- milwaukee…So it all centered around a concert…Eric Church…for our 19th Anniversary…I booked this in Sept/2016…and waited to get- away….Nick loves to play slot machines, a certain one…his fondness is for the Wheel of Fortune…and he literally has a lucky horse shoe up his behind…and usually wins big money……now I’m not... Read more »
- Block 7 Moda BlockheadsToday’s block is designed by the famous Kansas Trouble lady…Lynne…I know I have a tub full of her fabric…when I started quilting it was my favorite!!! Then as you evolve as a quilter our preferences expand and expand and before you know it you love most everything!!! CLICK HERE FOR THE... Read more »
- Block 29 & 30…Triangle GatheringsI am wishing everyone a Happy Easter, whether your spending it with family, friends or in your sewing room…I am getting ready to make the Green Bean casserole I always make for family get togethers, Grandma Teri is cooking her spread where 17 of us will gather… I have stashed a... Read more »
- It’s a….Splendid Sampler… Day!!!I so excited and honored to be apart of this community of quilters selected to be apart of another great book from Martingale…we all know how great their books are …the photos are amazing!!! Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson are the masterminds behind this book…It started as a “sew along”, featuring... Read more »