Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Summer Mystery Blog Hop!!!Today is my day to post!!! Yes…I know the day is young…just after 12am…I’m so excited you are visiting to see what my block looks like…Make sure you collect all 13 parts to this Mystery… Here is my old washtub planted with my favorite all-time wool flower to stitch…geraniums…and…nothing goes with... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads…no. 3It’s week 3 already!!!…and Jo Morton has designed this block for you…Click on over and see what Jo has to say about her block….Jo’s Blog The blocks are posted each week on the blog of the designer who designed them…so you will not find the directions here…you need to go... Read more »
- Block 22…Triangle GatheringsI am feeling so blessed today to be teaching/staying in such a wonderful location with 50 wonderful ladies! This house is amazing, something one only sees on TV…the views are nothing short of breathtaking…the weather..well not so great…but we are happy to be hear inside, stitching and having fun!!! Our... Read more »
- liberty gatherings pattern links..I have double checked all the links for the corrections…so here is another post if they didn’t work for you..This link will bring you to the correction part of the blog…you will then have to click on the links to print them.. They’re are three links…print them all to make sure... Read more »
- Liberty Gatherings…Please read if you have this pattern!!!I am posting this to alert you there have been errors found in our pattern and we think they all have been discovered now- so this is why I am posting now instead of every time one was discovered…I know this is frustrating and we are so beside ourselves with... Read more »
- Block 21 Triangle GatheringsI’m home from TX…my luggage/trunk show did not make it…until a couple hours later…crisis avoided…thank heavens!!!! A suit case full of your quilts and wool projects is something no one wants to lose…I had a tight connection in Dallas…where I switched airlines companies…so that’s where I think the luggage missed... Read more »
- Did you know about our Summer mystery quilt blog hop????It’s all starting with Rhonda from Farmhouse threads!!! Here is her block!!! Go to her blog and get the Free pattern and order a kit!!! http://www.farmhousethreads.com/blog-hop.htm Here are all the participants!!! Please share our blog hop with your friends and have them follow along! For 13 weeks beginning March 10th, we will share with you... Read more »
- Blockhead link for block 2…Hey All…Sorry about my post…I’m a little “off” after no real sleep Monday and teaching all day on Tuesday… and then quickly trying to post blockhead blocks today because when I got home last night I totally crashed……where I was teaching there is no wifi…so only have a few minutes to... Read more »
- Blockheads block 2Oh boy…I almost forgot with teaching- trying to sleep in the airpot overnight, but I just remember to post these…so short post as my ride is here to do another day of teaching and workshop in Midland TX… Here are my two ways…the collaboration fabric block And…my patriotic version…so have a good... Read more »