Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Blocks 14 & 15 Triangle GatheringsMorning to All…I’m up early to get all my stuff together to go to VA today…”Little Man” has been with me the last couple of days so not much “work” getting done…but that’s the way it is…so before he wakes I thought I would shoot you a couple of blocks…yes... Read more »
- Teaching in Utah this summer!!!I am getting ready to leave for Hampton VA early next week and can’t wait to have a bunch of fun in my classes and while I was thinking about this…it occurred to me I didn’t post this flyer promoting my friend Joyce’s big retreat in St.George UT this summer… You... Read more »
- Block 12 Triangle GatheringsI hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day…I purposely did not post yesterday because I wanted you to enjoy the day…without thinking you had to make this block the minute it came out…lol…but here is it now… Click here for printable version of block-block-12 Nick always goes a little overboard…he knows... Read more »
- Our Winners for the first 10 blocks are…Ok…I lied…I said I was going to pick 3 winners…I picked 6! You’ll see why… I randomly spun through and when it lands it lands and that is the winner if that category has not been won yet… The winners are… First time posting!!! Yay!!! there were a bunch of you…I appreciate it…see... Read more »
- Announcing a NEW block of the week starting March 8th!I know!!! Another block of the week?!!! How could I pass up not being involved in this one…along with 4 ALL STAR Traditional Moda designers- Betsy Chutchian, Jan Patek, Jo Morton, Lynne Hagmeier and the equally famous Miss Rosie, Carrie Nelson!!! All six designers will send out a block of... Read more »
- Block 9 Triangle GatheringsClick here to print: block-9 It looks like we are all having fun with these blocks!!! Here is my 6″…I guess I did my own version…time to get the ripper out and do some froggie stitching…rip, rip… I mixed up my rows…so not so bad…but I have to admit…I like the other... Read more »