Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Today is my block…Juneau…I’m so sorry…I was working on a project for a book deadline and I watching “Call the Midwife” episode after episode and I just looked at the clock and it was after midnight…so here is my block…You can get the pattern here Block29LB_Juneau Question of the week….Do you ever... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings…block 69Hey…I’m home from Paducah…So much excitement there…I meant to post this while I was at the show…but you know…too much going on…So here another fun block!Click her to print Block 69 I am in Paducah( ok…i WAS)….surrounded by wonderful quilt…this is the show banner…I snapped a few pics of the quilts... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings Block 66 & 67Click here to print Block 66 Click here to print Block 67 What are you working on besides TG? I am trying to get this center of Live a Simple Life BOM together so I can work on the borders…This will be a 6 month BOM starting in Jan 2018…We will be posting details... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings Blocks 65Thank you everyone for understanding that I needed to take care of hubby during his surgery…He is doing well and I thank you again for continuing to pray for his recovery…I just entered the sewing room today for the first time in about 10 days…Feels good to be back…unpacked from... Read more »
- home now…It was a busy last 3 days…the same day Nick had his surgery…”little mans” other granddad..(who he lovingly calls Grumpy) was admitted into a different hospital with a tumor IN his pituitary gland (Nicks was by it)…wow…what is happening here??? I went home after Nick’s surgery at 7pm and took... Read more »
- California Big Stitch ClassI’m in my 4th state in less than two weeks…(Texas, Utah, & Cali…flew out of Vegas so that counts as four…lol) Had a wonderful flight Friday and a class the first thing this morning…(Sat.) Todays class was Big-Stitch Quilting…we had 9 new stitchers and one repeat from the last one I... Read more »