Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Getting Ready for Rome…but also Quilting Cruise in 2020!Let’s go!!! We are currently heavily participating in Winter here…(Nick just caught a Northern Pike through the ice in front of the house…first “ice fishing” fish he has ever caught here) I can’t stop thinking about being somewhere warm…So I can’t think of a better time to start getting ready… Read more »
- easy like a Sunday morning….It’s a great Sunday morning…I have my coffee…and now I am ready to FINISH! I have just downloaded a new Audiobook to listen to…click on the book photos below to view them….I finished “Educated” recently and It was also a very good book…very different than what I normally read…I wanted… Read more »
- Moon Garden Block 11!I am excited and then not…one because we are almost finished, bet then not, because we are almost finished!!! Does this make sense? But trust me…If you like or even loved Moon Garden there will be another Stitch Along…I promise…thank you for buying our kits/pattern each month…this is what keeps… Read more »
- Happy Valentines Day!!!Whoops…this was SUPPOSED to post yesterday…but I will be posting a bunch of things today…so you may just want to keep your shopping cart open??? I LOVE you all!!! To celebrate I have stitched a valentine that will last forever!!! Year after year…If you order this kit today (which is… Read more »
- Vegas MarketEarly in the month (Feb) I visited Las Vegas for the World gift and Home Dec Market…It was HUGE…OVER-WHELMING…AMAZING. I am thinking about the future and I want to share my thoughts with you…because we are in this together…without you…I do not have a business. I guess…I am always… Read more »