Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Blockheads…Block 21Today’s block is from the most talented Jo Morton…another sweet block…well…they all are pretty awesome!!! Click HERE to go to Jo’s blog to get the pattern… I made only one block yesterday as I just got home from a teaching trip and we are having company over for a long weekend... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings Block 56Click Here to print Block 56 I am home for teaching in Hershey PA…and getting back organized…working on finishing up the SBOWs and a NEW BOW for 2018…but first I had to spend some time with my “little man” while his Momma worked today…I missed him so much…He sure has casting... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads…Block 20!This week it is Betsy’s week with another fun block…I made my simple…just two colors…I love them both! Click HERE to visit Betsy’s blog and get the printout for the pattern. July 19 – Do you wash-clean your quilts? If so, any special tips to share? Hmmm…I wash quilts that are used on beds…... Read more »
- Triangle Gatherings…52 & 53I hope you all have had a nice weekend…yes… I know they are too short….always…so here are a few TG blocks. We currently are a little behind and I plan on catching up this week…so keep that in mind…schedule in some extra stitching time. Taking vacations get you behind and... Read more »
- Sit & Stitch at Anchor PointThose of you who follow me know what Anchor Point is. It was so awesome to see it filled with quilters, stitching, eating and visiting…Tuesday I had my Sit & Stitch Ladies out for a potluck cookout. We are a fairly new group, we only have been getting together less... Read more »
- Moda Blockhead No. 19Whoo hoo…rollin along…today block is Lynne’s from Kansas Troubles Quilters…Click HERE to get the pattern from Lynne’s blog… While Flying Geese are not my favorite to make this block was fun and easy!!! This weeks question…Do you display your quilts in your home? If so, how?…Don’t we all surround ourselves with what... Read more »
- MODA BLOCKHEAD 18!!!Boy we are rolling right along, 18 weeks/blocks already…my post is late because I was spending time with those I love…I’m on staycation.. Today’s block pattern is Carrie’s from Moda!!! I love the log cabin piecing in the center!…Click HERE to go to the Moda Blog to get the downloadable pattern… Here... Read more »