Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- REPOSTED WITH UPDATE…WOOLY BLOCK ADVENTURE 2018We have made some changes to our Free Wooly Block Adventure block…we neglected to mention the stem cutting and the bird and his tail are two parts instead of one…so please download this pattern and delete the previous one… Click the following link for the PDF pattern. Lily & Chickadee Pattern Sorry for... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads…Block 25I had just enough time to make only one block last night before bed….This is block 25-Oshkosh Star, shown with the other blocks I have yet to complete… Here is the link to print BlOCK 25I have to aplogize for not getting Corey’s block done…Click HERE to visit her blog... Read more »
- One block Challenge? Anyone…I am a little behind on A LOT of things… but..here is another fun thing I want to promote!!! Annette from petitequilts.com is doing another one block challenge for fun! There will be prizes and I will sponsor a nice one as well but I do not want to “steal the... Read more »
- Quilt show in Virginia Beach!!!We are vending at the AQS Virginia Beach convention center!! While I’m hoping you all aren’t dealing with the hurricane aftermath and can find a little time to come to the show… we would love to see you. We are there through Saturday and a have a booth filled with lots... Read more »
- Wooly Block Adventure 2019!Welcome to the Wooly Block Adventure 2018!!! This year’s theme is “Garden”….and…Here is our Block! Our block pattern will be free here today October 3rd ONLY Update…I am removing the link below as of 10/5…I did not know at the time that my block was supposed to be up for 2 days... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads Blocks 19-22Is is still Wednesday!!! I hope so because I do not like being behind…but sometimes it happens that way…I saw this quote yesterday and I think it was meant for me… You can do ANYTHING…you just can’t do EVERYTHING! Slapped me right in the face and yes, I exhaled and thought…this is... Read more »
- MODA BLOCK HEADS 2 BLOCKS 16 & 17 & 18!It is Block Head Wednesday today…I know…today is almost over…but all I can do is blame it on Florance….I was supposed to be teaching on the Outer Banks of NC this week…needless to say we were told we could not go over the bridge because they were going to have... Read more »
- Fall…Anyone?Today is beautiful, the humidity has left, the rain has stopped and it is a wonderful morning to post… We are packed for North Carolina Retreat, today is the show opening for WI Quilt Expo in Madison WI..and I have my first border complete on Twighlight Garden…lots of things to celebrate… I... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2…Blocks 14 & 15It’s September and this month you will be getting a bonus!!! Two blocks each week… I sure lucked out becaue we are working on our book for our new fabric line Star & Stripe Gatherings and getting ready to go the Outer Banks of NC on a week long retreat with... Read more »