Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Football, Books, and ShoesHello again. I'll tell you about the last couple of weeks by going through my photos on my phone. Polly, myself, Jennifer and Steve Keltner had a nice treat 2 weeks ago. We watched a University of Michigan football game together. We had spiffy seats. I'll probably never get to... Read more »
- Technology is KingThis is our great grandmother Polly. She epitomizes my mood. It isn't a good mood. There have been some challenges that I haven't quite taken in stride. We had our 7th power outage of the summer yesterday. Right now it is working (hence the blog post). These power outages are... Read more »
- Latest NewsWe've had a bit of drama here.....That is mail burning. Probably some of mine. Whoops. Hope the electric company doesn't turn off the power because the bill is late.We had some fun....Gibby had oodles of fun meeting and playing with his French cousins - William, Sophie, and Julia.I'm trying to... Read more »
- Cotton Works Layer Cake™ WinnersThanks everyone!The winners are:Linda - (msstitcher) and KathiquiltsLinda has been emailed and - Kathiquilts - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgSome of you were wondering about hooking with this. Polly has hooked this chicken with the new Cotton Works fabrics.The chicken uses 2 of the black and greys from Cotton Works.... Read more »
- Introducing Cotton WorksIt's always fun to introduce you to our new fabric collections. This one is just a bit different, so it super fun.This is Cotton Works! Cotton works looks like wool, it feels like wool, it stitches like wool, but it's 100% cotton.It's perfect for all your stitchery projects, quilts, and... Read more »
- Post Market Wrap Up and Winners!!!!We're back. We're tired, and we're happy. The big plans I have every year of taking more pictures is still unfulfilled, but I did manage a few. You only get a few chances to walk around and explore. Most of the time is spent in your booth talking to customers... Read more »
- We're Going to A Convention!Polly and I are packing right now to go to a convention.....Nope, not this kind of convention.We're going here....The Salt Lake City Convention Center. We'll be running into all sorts of friends and compadres. Business will be done, but lots of laughing will be done too. International Quilt Market - Spring... Read more »