Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- Back From MinneapolisWe're back. We're exhausted. We had a wonderful time. We had our priorities in order. Once we hung up the quilts - we started to charge our phones.The theme seemed to be Buttons! I believe every one's luggage clanked a bit when it went through security. The new thing that... Read more »
- April Installment of the Austin Bluebird SamplerThis has been my project the last couple of days. This is the appliqué block from Month 4 of the Austin Bluebird Sampler quilt. I am re-making this quilt in my blue scraps. The pieced blocks are quite easy, flying geese and half-square triangles (I'll show those soon). This part... Read more »
- Polka Dot and Paisley QuiltsI sewed the last of the binding down on these quilts today and loaded up the patterns in our Etsy store. May I introduce.....From left to right.... Sweet William, Harbor Springs, and Polka Dot Garden. Sweet William is half-square triangles, strips, and the centers are from our printed bandana fabric from... Read more »
- Polka Dots And Paisleys WinnerThe winner of the Polka Dots and Paisleys Jelly Roll™is....Sandy@crazy'boutquiltsI've emailed Sandy. Congrats!For all of you who have joined out BOM Austin Bluebird Sampler Club - or all of you who bought the Austin Bluebird Sampler KITS - I posted some yardage yesterday in out Etsy store. If you are... Read more »
- Polka Dots And PaisleysLookie what we have!Ooooh, a bandana cheater cloth!We are making quilts with this new collection! The Moda salesmen are showing it to your quilt shops right now. We never have enough polka dots, or paisleys.There will be more to show soon.Comment here on this post before Saturday March 28th at... Read more »
- Happy St. Patrick's DayHappy St. Patrick's Day to everyone - Irish or not. Polly and I are 100% Irish. Irish American. That is assuming you can believe all the family stories. (and being Irish - those stories tend to be a little exaggerated). Anyway, we can call Ireland our ancestral home. Have a... Read more »
- Month 2 of Austin Bluebird SamplerHere I am to give a few tips on Month 2 of the Austin Bluebird Sampler. This is what Month 2 is....It's pretty basic. There is a simple star with flying geese and a monkey wrench block with half square triangles. There are 2 small quarter square triangle blocks, so... Read more »