[my-team idsfilter=’1412′ display=’website,social,email’]
Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- Post Market Wrap Up and Winners!!!!We're back. We're tired, and we're happy. The big plans I have every year of taking more pictures is still unfulfilled, but I did manage a few. You only get a few chances to walk around and explore. Most of the time is spent in your booth talking to customers... Read more »
- We're Going to A Convention!Polly and I are packing right now to go to a convention.....Nope, not this kind of convention.We're going here....The Salt Lake City Convention Center. We'll be running into all sorts of friends and compadres. Business will be done, but lots of laughing will be done too. International Quilt Market - Spring... Read more »
- Worst Vacation Ever - Or, How My Suitcase Went To Paris and I Didn'tThis is what we were hoping for.......Instead the entire extent of our trip to Paris consisted of my suitcase sitting in a room like this for a day.First of all, before I tell this tale, let me say I AM FINE. Perfectly physically healthy, but possibly mentally deranged.Polly and I... Read more »
- Voyage AvrilWe have worked hard with sewing deadlines and proof-reading deadlines to fit in a little fun.Polly and I are going on a little trip....Any guess to where me might go?We will be gone until May. Our Etsy store is still open, but items won't be shipped until May 1st.For those... Read more »
- Frivol Friday!You know about Frivols™ right? Those adorable little boxes of awesome? We were so happy to be the second one issuedBeside having a quilt kit inside - this is ours.....The kit is it's own little pre-cut - larger than a Charm Pack™, but smaller than a Layer Cake™. There are... Read more »
- New Patterns for Grand Traverse BayWe hope you are having a relaxing weekend. There is Opening Day for baseball to look forward to - even though we had a Winter Storm Watch last night. Sigh. There is still snow on the ground, but the roads are fine. That seems to be the most important thing... Read more »
- Grand Traverse Bay and Our New Block Of The MonthWe are pleased to announce our latest fabric collection with Moda Fabrics - Grand Traverse Bay. Grand Traverse Bay was inspired by the colors of that beautiful place on Lake Michigan.The colors are many shades of blue with some gold and light taupes. We have had a great time creating... Read more »