Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- THANKSI've been ticking things off my eternal "to-do" list. Most of my responsibilities have been fulfilled and I'm free to work on future projects. Some are top-secret for the time being. Appliquéing some large stars might, or might not, be part of one of these projects.......Filling up the odd moment... Read more »
- Hope you are all well and have lots of stitching projects ready for the winter months. (Hope you have some projects ready too - you folks in the Southern Hemisphere)I love using Karen Kay Buckley's circle templates for appliqué, but I dropped a couple this week in the studio. I'm... Read more »
- Miss Scarlet All In A RowI know I didn't get great pictures of the Miss Scarlet quilts yet. We didn't have a whole lot of room to hang them in Houston and only a couple got highlighted. I managed to get these tonight before the sunset. (Daylight savings time kind of sneaks up on you).... Read more »
- Winner of Miss Scarlet Cap Sets!Good morning and Happy November!Hope you are had a good trick or treating. No big activities here - except this quilt came out to visit.This is my Halloween quilt from the book Modern Primitive Quilts. Now on to what you are waiting for.... The winner of the Miss Scarlet cap... Read more »
- Miss ScarletWe are swimming in red and white possibilities. These are the cap sets from International Quilt Market of Miss Scarlet. Miss Scarlet is posing on top of our quilt Glad Tidings.Are you in the mood for a give-away? Comment about Miss Scarlet, red and white, possible quilts, or anything at... Read more »
- After The StormIt takes more than a hurricane to stop the quilt industry. We came, we bought, we sold, we networked. Fall Quilt Market 2015 was a success.We even had a celebration. Congratulations to the Dunn Family and to our extended Moda Family - for 40 great years!And now - let us... Read more »
- Have Quilts - Will TravelThe 3 suitcases on the floor are packed with quilts. The little suitcase on the cutting table will hold my clothes. I'm packing for a little jaunt to the west coast this weekend. I'll be at the Flying Geese Quilt Guild in Irvine California for a class and a trunk... Read more »
- Polka Dots and Paisleys Has Arrived!I got most of my shipment in today and all of you who pre-ordered Polka Dot and Paisley kits during our American Summer sale will get them very soon.While cutting the kits, I discovered I could eke out a few more kits. I have updated our Etsy store to reflect... Read more »