Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- A Peak at Our New Collection - Mackinac IslandIt's been too long, folks. I'm sorry for being tardy. Things have happened and I'll show you all the news. First of all, my pal Leigh Ann and I collaborated on making a purse. I was admiring boro bags online and thought (with the help of Leigh Ann) we could make… Read more »
- Charm Swap - Me and My SisterBarb and Mary of Me and My Sister designed this great little quilt using Northport! I love it! Thanks, gals.Make sure to head on over to their blog for the free download patternWhat other things are happening over here........... a small vacation is planned (very small - 3 days). Beach… Read more »
- 4th of July CelebrationHope you all have a great summer spectacular celebration. We will be laying low as I travel the next day. I'm going to celebrate by showing my gratitude.This quilt is quilted now - by Maggi Honeyman. I have offered this quilt for auction on my Instagram page. (if you cannot get… Read more »
- English Paper Pieced 6 Pointed Star QuiltThere were some scraps left of Northport prints and wovens after I made my 3 quilts for International Quilt Market. I decided to make an EPP (English Paper Pieced) quilt with them. The picture isn't very good. I JUST got the border sewn on and since thunderstorms are threatening here -… Read more »
- Spring Quilt MarketI'm packing today for a flight tomorrow to Kansas City. There will be friends to see, BBQ to eat, and lots and lots of quilts and fabrics. Even for an introvert like me, these trips are looked forward to. These quilts made with Northport will be on hand....Seaside Leo6 Mini's from… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Week 52!!!We are down to the last block. It is certainly not least......It is courtesy of Corey Yoder and you can get the directions HERECheck back next week for the finished quilt. The Good Boy Quilt Pattern is here! Thanks to Quiltmania for getting this baby produced and printed. It has full size… Read more »