Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- New ArrivalsThis new Moda/Martingale collaboration is now available! I was lucky enough to be included.This is my Stars and Stars quilt. I used foundation paper piecing. It's not my usual go-to construction, but in small doses (just like this quilt) it really packs a punch. Perfect, sharp pointed stars. Look what... Read more »
- FallHow can there be only 2 more days of September?I'm writing this on a cool, windy, rainy night. I'm wearing sweat pants, sweatshirt, and socks. Socks, people! It's been a few months since I've worn those. Someone in the neighborhood is burning logs in their fireplace and the whole neighborhood... Read more »
- Football, Books, and ShoesHello again. I'll tell you about the last couple of weeks by going through my photos on my phone. Polly, myself, Jennifer and Steve Keltner had a nice treat 2 weeks ago. We watched a University of Michigan football game together. We had spiffy seats. I'll probably never get to... Read more »
- Technology is KingThis is our great grandmother Polly. She epitomizes my mood. It isn't a good mood. There have been some challenges that I haven't quite taken in stride. We had our 7th power outage of the summer yesterday. Right now it is working (hence the blog post). These power outages are... Read more »
- Latest NewsWe've had a bit of drama here.....That is mail burning. Probably some of mine. Whoops. Hope the electric company doesn't turn off the power because the bill is late.We had some fun....Gibby had oodles of fun meeting and playing with his French cousins - William, Sophie, and Julia.I'm trying to... Read more »
- Cotton Works Layer Cake™ WinnersThanks everyone!The winners are:Linda - (msstitcher) and KathiquiltsLinda has been emailed and - Kathiquilts - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgSome of you were wondering about hooking with this. Polly has hooked this chicken with the new Cotton Works fabrics.The chicken uses 2 of the black and greys from Cotton Works.... Read more »
- Introducing Cotton WorksIt's always fun to introduce you to our new fabric collections. This one is just a bit different, so it super fun.This is Cotton Works! Cotton works looks like wool, it feels like wool, it stitches like wool, but it's 100% cotton.It's perfect for all your stitchery projects, quilts, and... Read more »