Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Block #28This week's block is brought to you by Me and My Sister - the directions are HERE.There are scraps from Prairie Paisley, Bar Harbor, and even some Bonnie and Camille polka dots! I found this treasure this past week. It isn't as old as the sand pails Polly collects, but this... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 Block #27You may have remembered this pull of fabric from my stash last month. It's been going well and now I have some blocks....The pattern is Indigo Revival and you can find it HERE in our Etsy shop. The original quilt (which has always been a favorite) was in blue and... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Blocks 25 & 26We're halfway through with the Blockheads 2 blocks with 25 & 26 - brought to you by Lisa Bonjean and Corey Yoder - instructions are HERE and HERE. With half the blocks done, it's all downhill from here. Fall has been playing hide and seek here in Michigan. We had some... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Blocks 23 & 24Oh, they may not be perfect, but good enough for me. There is a whole lot of pieces in these 6" blocks. I would recommend 1" finished HST papers for these guys. I like to use Spinning Star Design papers, but there are lots of others out there.These blocks are... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Blocks 19 & 20These blocks are brought to you by Betsy Chutchian and Stacy Iest HsuThese are my blocks so far....... a big 'ol pile of red, white, and blue.In other news..... we have only a very few kits left of Hurrah! and Sweet William in our Etsy shop. In between finalizing patterns for... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 Blocks 16 & 17 & 18We are moving right along and we have THREE blocks today. This is before they got a haircut. Just trying to keep it real here in TreeTown. The patterns can be found from Carrie - HERE , Vanessa HERE and from Brigitte HERENow.... there is just a big pile of blocks so... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Week 14We're getting into that prime quilting season here. Longer and cooler days are starting and once I get all my current projects caught up........ planning NEW ones! What is better than that? This block is courtesy of Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles. Here is the Bella Solid block Here is the Minick... Read more »