Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- Polka Dots And Paisleys WinnerThe winner of the Polka Dots and Paisleys Jelly Roll™is....Sandy@crazy'boutquiltsI've emailed Sandy. Congrats!For all of you who have joined out BOM Austin Bluebird Sampler Club - or all of you who bought the Austin Bluebird Sampler KITS - I posted some yardage yesterday in out Etsy store. If you are... Read more »
- Polka Dots And PaisleysLookie what we have!Ooooh, a bandana cheater cloth!We are making quilts with this new collection! The Moda salesmen are showing it to your quilt shops right now. We never have enough polka dots, or paisleys.There will be more to show soon.Comment here on this post before Saturday March 28th at... Read more »
- Happy St. Patrick's DayHappy St. Patrick's Day to everyone - Irish or not. Polly and I are 100% Irish. Irish American. That is assuming you can believe all the family stories. (and being Irish - those stories tend to be a little exaggerated). Anyway, we can call Ireland our ancestral home. Have a... Read more »
- Month 2 of Austin Bluebird SamplerHere I am to give a few tips on Month 2 of the Austin Bluebird Sampler. This is what Month 2 is....It's pretty basic. There is a simple star with flying geese and a monkey wrench block with half square triangles. There are 2 small quarter square triangle blocks, so... Read more »
- Polly's ShowTomorrow, if you happen to be in the area, Polly will give a lecture at the Ralph Lauren Showroom at the Miramar Design Center in Estero Florida. Here are her rugs in the showroom...Polly's lecture is at 1pm, Friday February 20th. While all of you have fun, I'll be in sub-zero Michigan... Read more »
- 2015 Designer Mystery Block Of The Month Blog HopWelcome to the Designer Mystery Blog Hop. The Fat Quarter Shop asked us a while ago to join them on this BOM and we we happy to! This blue and white charmer is made with Snowman Gatherings II by Primitive Gatherings and we, along with 11 other Moda Fabric designers... Read more »
- Month 1 of The Austin Bluebird SamplerI will be checking in every once in awhile and show you some hints and technique to make the Austin Bluebird Sampler. The first month has the big appliqué block with the bird in the cherry and pear tree. I thought I'd post some pictures of how I did it.... Read more »