Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
- Latest NewsWe've had a bit of drama here.....That is mail burning. Probably some of mine. Whoops. Hope the electric company doesn't turn off the power because the bill is late.We had some fun....Gibby had oodles of fun meeting and playing with his French cousins - William, Sophie, and Julia.I'm trying to... Read more »
- Cotton Works Layer Cake™ WinnersThanks everyone!The winners are:Linda - (msstitcher) and KathiquiltsLinda has been emailed and - Kathiquilts - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgSome of you were wondering about hooking with this. Polly has hooked this chicken with the new Cotton Works fabrics.The chicken uses 2 of the black and greys from Cotton Works.... Read more »
- Introducing Cotton WorksIt's always fun to introduce you to our new fabric collections. This one is just a bit different, so it super fun.This is Cotton Works! Cotton works looks like wool, it feels like wool, it stitches like wool, but it's 100% cotton.It's perfect for all your stitchery projects, quilts, and... Read more »
- Post Market Wrap Up and Winners!!!!We're back. We're tired, and we're happy. The big plans I have every year of taking more pictures is still unfulfilled, but I did manage a few. You only get a few chances to walk around and explore. Most of the time is spent in your booth talking to customers... Read more »
- We're Going to A Convention!Polly and I are packing right now to go to a convention.....Nope, not this kind of convention.We're going here....The Salt Lake City Convention Center. We'll be running into all sorts of friends and compadres. Business will be done, but lots of laughing will be done too. International Quilt Market - Spring... Read more »
- Worst Vacation Ever - Or, How My Suitcase Went To Paris and I Didn'tThis is what we were hoping for.......Instead the entire extent of our trip to Paris consisted of my suitcase sitting in a room like this for a day.First of all, before I tell this tale, let me say I AM FINE. Perfectly physically healthy, but possibly mentally deranged.Polly and I... Read more »