Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Sunday UpdateGood Morning! Summer has started here quickly and we will experience steamy weather this week. We hope your fridge is stocked with popsicles and you are keeping cool. Our local farmer's market is in full swing and we will be eating lots of salads for the next few months. This... Read more »
- New Patterns are HereWe now have our new patterns featuring the Ann's Arbor fabric collection in our Etsy shop. This one is Lady of Lake Superior (you know, Lady of the Lake pattern with the added "Superior" because we like to use Michigan names). It makes a happy quilt. These Ann's Arbor quilts... Read more »
- Snowfall in AprilYes, it's April and the flowering trees are showing their stuff. This is a dogwood that we planted last summer when it had a few green leaves. We were pleasantly surprised to see the pink blossoms emerge. I'm hoping that the sparseness on the bottom is just because it's a... Read more »
- Winners of The Blue and White Book Raffle!We have heard that the books are on their way from the warehouse to here, and other book loving places. If you have purchased a Pre-Order - you were entered into a raffle for a quilt or a hooked rug. Well, the winner of the quilt is....Leslie BergesonThe winner of... Read more »
- Winners of Ann's Arbor Fabric ScrapsThe weather didn't cooperate too much for my traditional "clothesline" shot of the new quilts. I have 2 boxes of Ann's Arbor scraps to go out to winners -Michelle and Vicky(yes, Vicky - who I believe has entered every contest I have ever offered and has finally won)Michelle - email me... Read more »