Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- Polly's ShowTomorrow, if you happen to be in the area, Polly will give a lecture at the Ralph Lauren Showroom at the Miramar Design Center in Estero Florida. Here are her rugs in the showroom...Polly's lecture is at 1pm, Friday February 20th. While all of you have fun, I'll be in sub-zero Michigan... Read more »
- 2015 Designer Mystery Block Of The Month Blog HopWelcome to the Designer Mystery Blog Hop. The Fat Quarter Shop asked us a while ago to join them on this BOM and we we happy to! This blue and white charmer is made with Snowman Gatherings II by Primitive Gatherings and we, along with 11 other Moda Fabric designers... Read more »
- Month 1 of The Austin Bluebird SamplerI will be checking in every once in awhile and show you some hints and technique to make the Austin Bluebird Sampler. The first month has the big appliqué block with the bird in the cherry and pear tree. I thought I'd post some pictures of how I did it.... Read more »
- Excuse Us, We're Feeling a Bit GiddyThose of you in or around Michigan know about this. Some of you sports fans have possibly heard about it. The rest of you.....please excuse us for just a minute.We're a bit giddy with the excitement. Those of you who have followed us awhile know that we have posted about... Read more »
- Year End NewsWe hope your holidays are going splendidly.They are for us. I am finishing up some projects and starting some new ones....I sewed on the binding to this oldie, but goodie - the Blue NantucketIt's now in Polly's studio. The loveseat expands into guest bed - and it needed an appropriate... Read more »
- Thank you all for sharing your lovely Holiday memories. Polly and I loved them all and were pleasantly surprised to hear so many that recalled downtown Hudson's in Detroit.The winner of the Christmas bundle of fabric.....is HiyacinthHiyacinth has already been emailed. Have a wonderful holiday everyone!Just a little reminder...... For... Read more »
- Remember?Remember coin purses? Remember when most of your financial liquidity was in coins and all your worldly cash was carried in a coin purse? Remember when your daily purchases consisted of candy bars, bubble gum, or comic books? Me too! I had a little nostalgia this week when I made... Read more »