Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- All In A Row Winner and More!Thank you for following along on our little blog hop!We had great fun and I'm happy to announce the winner of the All In A Row Again book AND my flower rowThe winner is GLENDA MCCARTHY. Email me here at email@example.com, Glenda and I will get your gifts right out... Read more »
- Pincushions and SuchThere is another week to go in our 12 Contests. (Each month a Moda Designer holds a contest and this is our month - with pincushions!). Make a pincushion - any pincushion - out of Minick and Simpson fabric and post on Instagram with the #12contestsminickandsimpson and you could win. We... Read more »
- 12 Contests!September 5th is the starting date of the next 12 Contests! from Moda Fabrics and it just so happens to be OUR contest month!The rules are byzantine and confusing. Kidding!!! They are extremely simple. Extremely simple rules for extremely simple fabric designers. The only rule is that you make a... Read more »
- Polly's Rugs and New Ann's Arbor Quilt Kits!Above are pictures (taken inexpertly from a screenshot on my iphone) of Polly's rugs last week at the Nantucket Lightship Basket Museum and Nantucket Antiques Depot. I wish I had better pictures, but this is what I have. It was a grand time and Nantucket in August is absolutely lovely.We... Read more »
- Sunday UpdateGood Morning! Summer has started here quickly and we will experience steamy weather this week. We hope your fridge is stocked with popsicles and you are keeping cool. Our local farmer's market is in full swing and we will be eating lots of salads for the next few months. This... Read more »