Polly and Laurie are sisters that share of the love all things textile. They are the authors of “Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts”; “Everyday Folk Art; Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make”; Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style,” and “Americana Rugs”. Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have both been featured in various magazines including Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest. They have combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools. Polly and Laurie travel and teach together occasionally.
Minick and Simpson introduced their newest collection, Lexington, at Quilt Market this Spring. The collection contains 40 prints in beautiful indigo blues and golden neutrals. In stores August 2014.
- Thursday UpdateThe remodeling work is ongoing. The bathroom tile and the drywall is being finished today. Hopefully there will be some pictures to share soon.I am on Month 8 of the Austin Bluebird Sampler and I started this appliqué last night while watching Brokenwood - a New Zealand Murder Mystery series... Read more »
- Day 7 Of The American Summer Sale - The Last DayIt sure has been fun. We've had a blast and Semper Fi and the Humane Society thank you!Our last kit is the Harbor Springs kitHarbor Springs is a nifty antique reproduction quilt in red, white and blue! She measures 68" x 85" and uses the upcoming collection Polka Dot and... Read more »
- American Summer Sale Day 6Polly and I are thinking of taking a vacation in July. We'll keep you posted. Posted. Hah! Our postman loves us this week.Anyway, we are winding down to the next to the last day. Our kit today is the PRE-SALE of the Sweet William kits.Sweet William is made with our... Read more »
- American Summer Sale - Day 4Are you still with us? Still excited? Great!Our book special today is....This is one of our favorites. It has this directions for this quilt.And this rug..And lots more. The book is on sale today for the patriotic price of $17.76 and you can find it HERE.The notion today is the... Read more »
- American Summer Dale - Day 3You sure like keeping us busy! Thank you for your support!Ready for some more goodies? Our notion of the day is the Matildarevolving cutting mat.If you ever want to do some fussy type cutting with your rotary cutter - THIS IS THE BOMB. (am I dating myself with that expression?). I... Read more »