Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Houston International Quilt Market - 2019I'm packing my bags right after I post this. It's always so fun to get to Quilt Market and see fabric and PEOPLE. This is what I'm showing....... Mackinac Island. It won't be long before it's in shops - January 2020.Mackinac Island is one of my favorite places - and… Read more »
- Taking RESERVATIONS for the Derby House Block of the MonthStarting today - we are taking RESERVATIONS for the Derby House Block of the MonthDerby House is a 10 month block of the month that will start in December of 2019 and run for 10 months until September 2020.Derby House is made with Mackinac Island prints and Northport woven fabrics… Read more »
- A Peak at Our New Collection - Mackinac IslandIt's been too long, folks. I'm sorry for being tardy. Things have happened and I'll show you all the news. First of all, my pal Leigh Ann and I collaborated on making a purse. I was admiring boro bags online and thought (with the help of Leigh Ann) we could make… Read more »
- Charm Swap - Me and My SisterBarb and Mary of Me and My Sister designed this great little quilt using Northport! I love it! Thanks, gals.Make sure to head on over to their blog for the free download patternWhat other things are happening over here........... a small vacation is planned (very small - 3 days). Beach… Read more »
- 4th of July CelebrationHope you all have a great summer spectacular celebration. We will be laying low as I travel the next day. I'm going to celebrate by showing my gratitude.This quilt is quilted now - by Maggi Honeyman. I have offered this quilt for auction on my Instagram page. (if you cannot get… Read more »