Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Week 38This week's block is brought to you by Lisa Bongean. You can find her instructions HERE.Things here are unexciting, but productive. The Christmas tree is down and put away for another year and I'm knee deep in paper work getting the taxes ready for the CPA. Inventory is next. Whoo-hoo!Gibby… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Block 37Happy Holidays!!Do you need some quiet ME time in your sewing room? We have just the block for you....This week's block is brought to you by Sherri McConnell. You can find the pattern HEREBill and I went on a little jaunt this week to Grosse Pointe Shores this week to… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Week 36This is this week's block designed by Jo Morton. Rolling Stone instructions are HERE. Things are hectic here - I'm sure it's hectic where you are too. The holidays will do that. Despite that, I have started to design a new quilt. As you can see here...... it's tough going at… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Block 35This is week 35 and this is MY block. Nothing too exciting here people, move along...... It's just that I've designed a couple of busy sampler quilts and there is a need for a quiet place. Even with 2 bold colors. This simple checkerboard is a happy, restful block for… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Block 34Don't you love how you can look at an applique pattern and KNOW whose hand designed it? Even with my fabric choices - there can be no doubt that this week's block is designed by Jan Patek. You can find the pattern HERE. Thank you for the beautiful block, Jan! I've… Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Block 33Block 33 is brought to you by Stacy Iest Hsu. I mixed in some 3 Sisters pink with my Minick and Simpson red, white and blue. You can find the directions HERE.Our refrigerator was delivered so we will have roast turkey this weekend. A little late, but yummy just the… Read more »
- Blockheads2 - Block 32In the middle of this busy week, how about a fast and easy block from Betsy ChutchianI get an unexpected break from cooking Thanksgiving dinner here this year. Our refrigerator died last week. Did you know that that you can't just walk into a store and buy a white French… Read more »