Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Blue and White Book - Pre-sale - With SUPRISE!!!The time is getting closer! Just a few short weeks away from this book coming out. We are pretty excited here and we hope to get you a bit excited too.I have posted the book in our Etsy store for Pre-sale. Why do you ask would you want to buy... Read more »
- Oregon, Airports, and Quilt Planninghttps://www.youtube.com/embed/OnPaF_6iIUQ?feature=player_embedded Polly and I were on the Oregon coast last week for a little relaxation and some intensive sewing.A great time was had by all (we stitched with some Moda colleagues) and we lucked out on the January weather. We actually had a few clear days of watching the surf. Just... Read more »
- Irish Chain VariationThe Irish Chain Variation is basted and in my hoop. The pattern is also finished and in our Etsy ShopThe directions let you make a 2 color version (blue and white) or a 3 color version (red, green, and white). If you like strip piecing....... this is for you!Now that... Read more »
- We hope all your holiday plans are going smoothly. Both Polly and I are home bound (me by sub zero temperatures) and working on projects. I hope to have pictures of my "in progress" quilt soon. Today I am starching and cutting strips.Here is what has been happening lately.....There was... Read more »
- Lake EffectMy Lake Effect quilt is quilted and bound. It was expertly quilted by Kari Ruedisale - thanks Kari!I wanted to get a picture outside, but the weather wouldn't cooperate.We have the pattern in out Etsy shop HERE.We are also taking reservations on the complete kit HERE. The kits will ship... Read more »
- Snowfall Winners!Thank you everyone for saying such nice things about SnowfallThe 3 winners are.....Becky SYarnspinner13MoosecraftEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.orgI did get some English paper piecing done this weekend. Maybe by next weekend I'll have Lake Effect all done.Laters,Laurie... Read more »