Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Lake EffectMy Lake Effect quilt is quilted and bound. It was expertly quilted by Kari Ruedisale - thanks Kari!I wanted to get a picture outside, but the weather wouldn't cooperate.We have the pattern in out Etsy shop HERE.We are also taking reservations on the complete kit HERE. The kits will ship... Read more »
- Snowfall Winners!Thank you everyone for saying such nice things about SnowfallThe 3 winners are.....Becky SYarnspinner13MoosecraftEmail me at email@example.comI did get some English paper piecing done this weekend. Maybe by next weekend I'll have Lake Effect all done.Laters,Laurie... Read more »
- New ArrivalsThis new Moda/Martingale collaboration is now available! I was lucky enough to be included.This is my Stars and Stars quilt. I used foundation paper piecing. It's not my usual go-to construction, but in small doses (just like this quilt) it really packs a punch. Perfect, sharp pointed stars. Look what... Read more »
- FallHow can there be only 2 more days of September?I'm writing this on a cool, windy, rainy night. I'm wearing sweat pants, sweatshirt, and socks. Socks, people! It's been a few months since I've worn those. Someone in the neighborhood is burning logs in their fireplace and the whole neighborhood... Read more »
- Football, Books, and ShoesHello again. I'll tell you about the last couple of weeks by going through my photos on my phone. Polly, myself, Jennifer and Steve Keltner had a nice treat 2 weeks ago. We watched a University of Michigan football game together. We had spiffy seats. I'll probably never get to... Read more »