Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Winners of Ann's Arbor Fabric ScrapsThe weather didn't cooperate too much for my traditional "clothesline" shot of the new quilts. I have 2 boxes of Ann's Arbor scraps to go out to winners -Michelle and Vicky(yes, Vicky - who I believe has entered every contest I have ever offered and has finally won)Michelle - email me... Read more »
- While still pretty excited about Blue and White, which will be shipping in 1 month, I have been busy with secret sewing.I will be able to show you our new collection very soon. It's happy and cheerful and just what everyone needs right now.Since most of my secret sewing is... Read more »
- Blue and White Book - Pre-sale - With SUPRISE!!!The time is getting closer! Just a few short weeks away from this book coming out. We are pretty excited here and we hope to get you a bit excited too.I have posted the book in our Etsy store for Pre-sale. Why do you ask would you want to buy... Read more »
- Oregon, Airports, and Quilt PlanningPolly and I were on the Oregon coast last week for a little relaxation and some intensive sewing.A great time was had by all (we stitched with some Moda colleagues) and we lucked out on the January weather. We actually had a few clear days of watching the surf. Just... Read more »
- Irish Chain VariationThe Irish Chain Variation is basted and in my hoop. The pattern is also finished and in our Etsy ShopThe directions let you make a 2 color version (blue and white) or a 3 color version (red, green, and white). If you like strip piecing....... this is for you!Now that... Read more »