Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Blocks 19 & 20These blocks are brought to you by Betsy Chutchian and Stacy Iest HsuThese are my blocks so far....... a big 'ol pile of red, white, and blue.In other news..... we have only a very few kits left of Hurrah! and Sweet William in our Etsy shop. In between finalizing patterns for... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 Blocks 16 & 17 & 18We are moving right along and we have THREE blocks today. This is before they got a haircut. Just trying to keep it real here in TreeTown. The patterns can be found from Carrie - HERE , Vanessa HERE and from Brigitte HERENow.... there is just a big pile of blocks so... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS 2 - Week 14We're getting into that prime quilting season here. Longer and cooler days are starting and once I get all my current projects caught up........ planning NEW ones! What is better than that? This block is courtesy of Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles. Here is the Bella Solid block Here is the Minick... Read more »
- Lucky Week 13 of BLOCKHEADS 2Pictorial piecing is what we have this week - a nifty flower made from squares and rectangles.Corey Yoder is the designer du jour....... Here is her pattern. This is my Bella Solid flower.....And this is the Minick and Simpson flower. See how my leaves are pointing in different directions? I TOTALLY... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS2 - My Week!It's my turn for my first BLOCKHEADS2 block -This is the red, white and blue block. It's fast and easy and YOU'RE WELCOME! This is the Bella Solid Version . The directions for this block can be found HERE. I've been a fan of this little simple block for awhile. It was... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS2 - Week 8Are you all keeping up? The last couple of weeks have been easier. This week is applique (don't fret - applique is awesome) This applique block is courtesy of the expert appliquer - Jan Patek. You can find the directions HERE.This is my pineapple block using Minick and Simpson fabrics.Here... Read more »
- BLOCKHEADS2 - Week 7Week 7 is here - It's Spin Cycle by Stacy lest Hsu - here are the directions. Here it is with Minick and Simpson fabrics....Here it is with Bella Solids.The Bella solids - so far.......and the red, white, and blue Minick and Simpson scrappy quilt - so far.....What else is going... Read more »