These one-time shop owners grew a business out of their love of making quilts – Me & My Sister Designs. They’ve designed fabric for Moda for more than ten years, developed the SideWinder portable bobbin-winder and designed hundreds of quilts that they’ve published in books and patterns.
Barbara and Mary love infusing what they call “everyday color” into their fabrics and then using those fabrics to transform traditional pattern designs into bright, vibrant quilts.
To see what else they’ve colorfully re-made – www.meandmysisterdesigns.com
- Block Heads 2 ~ Block Three!It’s the third week of Block Heads 2! You’re going to love the newest block by Carrie Nelson and Moda fabrics. The block is called Pennsylvania. I was born there and I remember it being very green, so we had to have some green in our block. To download the newest pattern visit... Read more »
- Block Heads 2 ~ Block Two!We’re totally feeling the Block Head thing! Are you a Block Head yet? We’ve been invited by our original Block Head friend, Lynne Hagmeier, to join in on the fun! In the coming weeks 13 different Moda designers will be taking turns presenting a new block and pattern. You’ll have to visit their... Read more »
- Double The Fun!Did you know we have a new Double Wide Dresden Book that’s the perfect companion for the DWD Ruler? It’s chocked full of fun things you can make with your Double Wide Dresden Ruler. Creating unique and easy projects with the ruler is now even easier. No more figuring out fabric requirements... Read more »
- Block Heads 2 ~ Block One!We’re so excited to have been invited to Block Heads round two! A special thanks to Lynne (an original block head) and dear friend for inviting us! We saw so many beautiful blocks last time and can’t wait to make them every week. I must admit though, you guys needed some brights... Read more »
- Mini Charm Quilts!It’s time to celebrate another “charming” book! This book is all about the mini charm and has 18 projects that start with 2.5 inch squares of joy! I think most of you know, I don’t really save scraps. I like all my fabrics in neat tidy little piles and packets, so the... Read more »
- Easy Layer Cake Quilts!For us there couldn’t be a more fitting name for a fabric precut. After all, it’s our favorite dessert in the form of fabric, and it doesn’t get much better than that! So it would make perfect sense for us to create a new book just to celebrate a wonderful precut! This... Read more »
- Pajamas, Prints and Patterns!We’ve been busy quilters lately and I have some things to catch up on and share! First, It’s pajamas and that means a retreat! We’re having another pajama party in Hamilton at the Missouri Star Quilt Co. retreat center. We were there last year and had so much fun that they asked us... Read more »
- All In A Row Blog Hop … AGAIN!Join us today on a Blog Hop! The hop stops have been lots of fun and there are some great prizes! All the proceeds for the book sales go to Give Kids the World Village, so lots of people win! Today is our day! Mary designed our row inspired by the old San Francisco... Read more »