These one-time shop owners grew a business out of their love of making quilts – Me & My Sister Designs. They’ve designed fabric for Moda for more than ten years, developed the SideWinder portable bobbin-winder and designed hundreds of quilts that they’ve published in books and patterns.
Barbara and Mary love infusing what they call “everyday color” into their fabrics and then using those fabrics to transform traditional pattern designs into bright, vibrant quilts.
To see what else they’ve colorfully re-made – www.meandmysisterdesigns.com
- All In A Row Blog Hop … AGAIN!Join us today on a Blog Hop! The hop stops have been lots of fun and there are some great prizes! All the proceeds for the book sales go to Give Kids the World Village, so lots of people win! Today is our day! Mary designed our row inspired by the old San Francisco... Read more »
- Filming With Jenny!Hey quilters! Mary and I recently had the opportunity to film a short video with Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company! We had a great time and if you knew some of the things to look for in the film it gets funny. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeMzWOVY9zM?feature=oembed&w=500&h=281] Here are the events leading up to this video... Read more »
- Confetti Swatches!The new Confetti fabric swatches are on the website NOW! Just click on the “fabrics for moda” page to see all the new lovelies and ask for them at your favorite local Quilt Store! They ship this coming January 2018. We have new patterns too … This quilt is super easy to make with... Read more »
- National Sew A Jelly Roll Day!This past Saturday we celebrated the first National Sew a Jelly Roll Day! I decided to get some Quilting friends together and put them to work making Jellyroll quilts for charity. We rent a room at our local public library and sew there every month. I provided some refreshments and the ladies each... Read more »
- Pillow Love!Remember the beautiful pillow that Sharon from Patches Indooroopilly in Australia made for us last year? Well, she found out that I wasn’t sharing and was worried about Mary not having a pillow so she did this! She made another beautiful pillow but this time it’s for Mary. It’s made using our new... Read more »
- Clothespin Cute!Have you seen these bags of pure cuteness? They’re full of these … Yes, clothespins with our Red Dot Green Dash fabrics printed on the outside! I have a great plan for using them this year to hang my Christmas cards! Or maybe to hang my everyday notes, or maybe to use to attach... Read more »