These one-time shop owners grew a business out of their love of making quilts – Me & My Sister Designs. They’ve designed fabric for Moda for more than ten years, developed the SideWinder portable bobbin-winder and designed hundreds of quilts that they’ve published in books and patterns.
Barbara and Mary love infusing what they call “everyday color” into their fabrics and then using those fabrics to transform traditional pattern designs into bright, vibrant quilts.
To see what else they’ve colorfully re-made – www.meandmysisterdesigns.com
- 12 Month Contest!Have you made your easy table runner yet? We’ve got more creative runners to show you today! Here’s one from Michaelanne … She used Moda Grunge for her runner. So cute! And here’s one from Carol … French General was her choice. Kelly decided to show her team spirit … She used some Moda Marbles and basics... Read more »
- 12 Month Contest!That means a whole year of contests, free projects and great prizes! Let me tell you what’s been going on … In January Moda announced a contest and assigned 12 different designers a month … French General Sweetwater Me & My Sister Designs Fig Tree & Co. Bunny Hill Designs Kathy Schmitz Lella Boutique Primitive Gatherings Minick & Simpson Corey Yoder Bonnie &... Read more »
- Pajama Party!Mary and I have been traveling girls for these past few weeks! Our latest adventure landed us in Hamilton, Missouri and at the Missouri Star Quilt Company where we hosted a 4 day Pajama Party sleepover event. It’s just not that unusual to see quilters in pajamas on the streets of Hamilton! And... Read more »
- Bundle S-T-R-E-T-C-H !!I occasionally receive emails and pictures from quilters that have made things with our fabrics. I love getting them and I’m always amazed at what you all come up with. Sometimes I get something extra special. Meet Nancy, the “Stretch Your Fat 8th Bundle To The Max Quilter! Nancy gave herself a challenge... Read more »
- Sew Sampler!I’ve been away from the office too much lately, and I’m finally digging into my newest Sew Sampler Box! It’s such a treat to see this little blue box filled with fun stuff every month. I’m sure to need this new rotary blade … Because I’m also opening a few more new boxes! Happy... Read more »
- Retreat!!Mary and I will be teaching in Hamilton, Missouri at the Missouri Star Quilt Company! The retreat starts on Wednesday February 15th at 10am and runs through Saturday February 18th at 11am. We had a full house, but recently a few more beds opened up! That means more quilters can come … Go... Read more »
- Boxy Rectangle Dresden!When Mary first showed me the sketches for this quilt, I didn’t know what to think. I’d never seen anything like it! I’ll bet you haven’t either! Making the 3 different sizes of Dresden wedges you’ll need for these blocks is so easy using the ruler. To help here is another video tutorial we... Read more »
- Dragonfly Dresden!Today brings another fresh and unique design … And we’re making Dragonflies! We recently traveled to the Fat Quarter Shop to film some tutorials using the new ruler and we have another one for you today … [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hWp8iO7rU?feature=oembed&w=500&h=281] Some simple piecing makes the dragonfly bodies and provides the basic block foundation. The Dresden wedges... Read more »