These one-time shop owners grew a business out of their love of making quilts – Me & My Sister Designs. They’ve designed fabric for Moda for more than ten years, developed the SideWinder portable bobbin-winder and designed hundreds of quilts that they’ve published in books and patterns.
Barbara and Mary love infusing what they call “everyday color” into their fabrics and then using those fabrics to transform traditional pattern designs into bright, vibrant quilts.
To see what else they’ve colorfully re-made – www.meandmysisterdesigns.com
- National Sew A Jelly Roll Day!This past Saturday we celebrated the first National Sew a Jelly Roll Day! I decided to get some Quilting friends together and put them to work making Jellyroll quilts for charity. We rent a room at our local public library and sew there every month. I provided some refreshments and the ladies each... Read more »
- Pillow Love!Remember the beautiful pillow that Sharon from Patches Indooroopilly in Australia made for us last year? Well, she found out that I wasn’t sharing and was worried about Mary not having a pillow so she did this! She made another beautiful pillow but this time it’s for Mary. It’s made using our new... Read more »
- Clothespin Cute!Have you seen these bags of pure cuteness? They’re full of these … Yes, clothespins with our Red Dot Green Dash fabrics printed on the outside! I have a great plan for using them this year to hang my Christmas cards! Or maybe to hang my everyday notes, or maybe to use to attach... Read more »
- 2017 Designer Mystery!The newest Designer Mystery Block of the Month is coming soon! The official kick off is in June but you might want to reserve you kit today. There are perks for sign ups that you might not want to miss out on. Visit the Fat Quarter Shop for all the details. Wish I... Read more »
- Sew Sampler Box!It’s H-E-R-E! I can hardly wait to get into this newest box … And once again I LOVE it. I always manage to find something fresh and something that I’ve always wanted but have never taken the time to get it for myself. This month it just happens to be the pin bowl. Everything coordinates... Read more »
- 12 Month Winners!Thanks to all of you that submitted beautiful table runner entries! It was such fun to see all the different Moda fabrics. Each winner will receive a layer cake, jelly roll, charm pack and a copy of our new 12 Pack Quilts book. Here are the lucky ladies … #meandmysisterdesigns ~ centerstreetquilts #12meandmysisterdesigns ~ x695 #easytablerunner... Read more »