I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Moda Blockheads II FinaleBlock #52 - Scrappy Checkerboard by Corey YoderCorey brings us the final block of the Blockheads II series. Simple 4-patches within a 9-patch are fun and easy. The perfect end to 52 weeks of blocks. I chose a color placement similar to the pattern using my red, tan and blues… Read more »
- KT April SpecialMeadowlark Baskets My newest Kansas Troubles' fabric collection, On Meadowlark Pond, was just begging for a sweet spring charm quilt. I love these little traditionally pieced baskets with easy fused handles for a fun start to the season. Our Meadowlark Baskets kit includes an On Meadowlark Pond charm pack, fabrics for… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IIBlock #51 - Power Star by Lisa BongeanTiny stars in a row sparkle and shine in Lisa's classic style. I've enjoyed challenging myself to working with smaller pieces and totally love the result. It's worth the effort. Try Lisa's Power Star with instructions on her blog HERE.Only one more block… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IIBlock #50 - Vintage by Sherri McConnell of a Quilting LifeSherri offers a great filler block that could be pieced in a square, as shown, or two rows of eight, or four groups of four, to sprinkle across your quilt where you need them. Fabrics shown are from On Meadowlark… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IIBlock #48 - Ann Arbor by Laurie SimpsonLaurie designed a lovely friendship block this week that expresses our sentiments to all of you over the past weeks - quilters sharing their gifts with other quilters. Our goal with Blockheads II was to bring together diverse Moda designers with a world… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IIBlock #47 - Bird Basket by Jan PatekJan's lovely bird in a basket block is a delightful applique accent for our Blockheads II quilt. However, I didn't get mine completed before needing to pack for a quilting cruise next week. When I make mine in the red/tan/blue palette I'm playing… Read more »
- Meadowlark's SongKT March Special KT's On Meadowlark Pond fabric collection has arrived! To celebrate spring's arrival (sooner than later, I hope), we're offering our Meadowlark's Song quilt kit in a beautiful box by Moda. As our KT March Special, all the fabric for quilt top and binding plus pattern is only… Read more »
- Blockheads IIWeek #44 - Candy Stripper by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella BoutiqueWhen I make so many diverse blocks for a sampler quilt, as with our Blockheads II project, I like that Vanessa's simple 12" checkerboard & stripe block can be used in a corner or between busier blocks for a visual… Read more »