I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Get Ready for Moda Blockheads!Moda Blockheads Block-of-the-WeekWe're still receiving/shipping orders every day for our KT Starter Packs. We're thrilled everyone is so excited about our Block-of-the-Week series. Just 2 more weeks until our first block is revealed.As a reminder, here are the facts.What is it?A 48-week long series of one 6" block a week.... Read more »
- Thistle Farm Preview #2KT WinnerDang, dang, double dang! I tried to shortcut this week's post by starting with last week's to cut/paste and totally lost it all! In the process, I lost all of your comments, too, so I can't select a winner this week. Pleeeaaase excuse my techo-ignorance. Comment again below and... Read more »
- Blockheads BOW - Coming Soon!Blockheads Block-of-the-WeekWe're blown away by the response to our KT Starter Pack for the Blockheads BOW. Thanks to everyone who called or visited our website to prepare for the new series. Several callers had questions about our BOW. Over the next couple weeks, I'll try to answer your questions and... Read more »
- Announcing...A NEW Block-of-the-WeekModa BlockheadsI'm delighted to share the news that six of us at Moda - the designers who love "the dark side" - are partnering to bring you a 48 week long Block-of-the-Week series. Beginning March 8th, we'll take turns posting a 6" quilt block each Wednesday - just for you.... Read more »
- More Cruisin'KT WinnerCongratulations to our winner this week,Linda Blodgett - Would love to try out a new ruler. As always, your quilts are eye candy - like chocolate!Linda, give Jamie a call with your choice of our KT rulers /templates or email me at email@example.com. Remember all of our KT rulers/templates... Read more »
- Winners & MoreKT WinnersThanks for your patience while Robert and I worked & played in Florida this month. Here's the list of winners from the past couple of weeks:Winner of Me & My Sister's pattern Slice of Cake - mtquilter-Even though I generally pick a darker palette to work with I... Read more »
- February SpecialKT Winners for January to be announced later this week.KT February Monthly Special Through the month of February, all KT rulers/templates are 25% off! If you've wanted to try my layered patchwork method with a Five & Dime or Barn Raising (Five & Dime ruler), Clara's Garden or Twisted (KT Wedge... Read more »
- Sailing, SailingKT Winner - to be announced in February. KT Classic Woven Plaids Don't forget our Mad for Plaids Special through the end of January. All KT Classic Plaids are just $6.95/yd (sold in 1/2 yd. increments for $3.95.) Cruisin' SamplerI wish all of you could join us on our cruise this... Read more »
- Sunny Florida, Here We Come!KT WinnerCongrats to:Susan Smith -My wish is to organize my sewing space and have more time to sew! Love those table treats.You are such a fun Grandma! I'm sure those masks were a big hit!Susan, you've won our scrap bag of woven plaids. Please email your shipping address... Read more »