I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- More KT Favorites III GiveawaysKT Winner Barbara - These look like fun projects! Hated flying geese when I first started quilting, but now I don't mind them. Starching and accurate cutting have helped tremendously! firstname.lastname@example.orgCongrats to Barbara for winning our KT Tan Jelly Roll and Chasing Stars booklet. Here's another chance to win some… Read more »
- KT June SpecialPrairie LifeI picked up all my quilts from Martingale at market after sending them to their offices more than 6 months ago. I'm excited all over again! The display Robert set up in the store is colorful and fresh (photos coming soon). Now that we've received my newest KT Favorites… Read more »
- Milestones Charm2 Steps ForwardI have a big milestone coming up next year. I'm celebrating 20 years of designing fabric for Moda. The new fabric line, coming in October, is aptly named Milestones. This fresh mix of nature prints in my classic KT color palette blends perfectly with KT Favorites III -… Read more »
- 20 Years of KTQKT Favorites III Pattern Pack WinnerCongrats to:Jennifer May 7, 2019 at 8:56 AMSimplicity is bliss! I love them all and I appreciate the classic patterns. Thanks for always making sure your new collections can work so well with your older ones.You've won all of the new KT Favorites III patterns… Read more »
- New Block-of-the-Month20 Years of KTQ, Part I I can't believe I've been designing fabric for Moda for almost 20 years! My first International Quilt Market in Houston in the fall of 1999 found me next to the Moda booth with my Stitches on the Oregon Trail block-of-the-month quilt. It was a… Read more »
- Prairie Life WinnersKT WinnersWe have winners! Each of these three quilters will receive an autographed copy of my new book, Prairie Life. Thanks to everyone for your kind words of support. Reading all of your comments feeds my soul and energizes me to create even more. Tina B April 30, 2019 at… Read more »
- Living the Prairie LifeI can't wait to go to International Quilt Market next week in Kansas City and see/visit my quilts from the new book, Prairie Life. This collection of quilts, inspired by my life in the country, has been at Martingale for months while being photographed and the final book is edited… Read more »
- More Prairie LifeMy newest collaboration with Martingale, Prairie Life, is due to arrive in just a couple weeks. Here are a few more of the country style quilts I love to make for my home.Shadow DashShadow Dash plays with lights and darks to create a secondary block with classic churn dash blocks.… Read more »