I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Moda Blockheads BOW #3KT WinnerCongratulations to:Carol C. - I usually don't pre-wash, because I like to use the pre-cuts. The layered method looks really intriguing -- thanks for sharing the additional information! I love sampler quilts, and love these blocks... thanks so much!You're the winner of our fat... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW #2KT WinnerCongratulations to:Chelra - I plan to give your way a shot. I love learning new ways to do things. Thanks for the opportunity to continue my quilting education. You're the winner of (8) KT tan fat 1/8's. Perfect for backgrounds of the Blockheads' blocks.Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW #1Betsy, Jo, Jan, Lisa, Carrie & I are all so excited you're joining us in our 48-week long BOW. The adventure begins with our first 6" block, Whirlygig. Try it on for size and post your block with the hashtag #modablockheads to all your social media sites. Thistle Farm Basket David... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW Countdown to March 8Moda Blockheads Block-of-the-Week CountdownOnly one week left until we begin our 48-week block-of-the-week series. I can't wait! I'll start next Wednesday with a fun & simple 6" block, then we'll rotate through the other creative designers from Moda in the order listed below. I'll have a link to the designer-of-the-week's... Read more »
- Thistle Farm #3 - Tumbling AlongKT WinnersDue to technical difficulties last week, I'm announcing winners for two weeks today. Thanks to everyone for your patience.Congratulations to the winner of our KT Thistle Farm charm pack:Marie Chat -What a cute and creative pattern using your new Thistle fabric line. Looking forward to the... Read more »
- Get Ready for Moda Blockheads!Moda Blockheads Block-of-the-WeekWe're still receiving/shipping orders every day for our KT Starter Packs. We're thrilled everyone is so excited about our Block-of-the-Week series. Just 2 more weeks until our first block is revealed.As a reminder, here are the facts.What is it?A 48-week long series of one 6" block a week.... Read more »
- Thistle Farm Preview #2KT WinnerDang, dang, double dang! I tried to shortcut this week's post by starting with last week's to cut/paste and totally lost it all! In the process, I lost all of your comments, too, so I can't select a winner this week. Pleeeaaase excuse my techo-ignorance. Comment again below and... Read more »
- Blockheads BOW - Coming Soon!Blockheads Block-of-the-WeekWe're blown away by the response to our KT Starter Pack for the Blockheads BOW. Thanks to everyone who called or visited our website to prepare for the new series. Several callers had questions about our BOW. Over the next couple weeks, I'll try to answer your questions and... Read more »
- Announcing...A NEW Block-of-the-WeekModa BlockheadsI'm delighted to share the news that six of us at Moda - the designers who love "the dark side" - are partnering to bring you a 48 week long Block-of-the-Week series. Beginning March 8th, we'll take turns posting a 6" quilt block each Wednesday - just for you.... Read more »