I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- New! Country Road FlannelsKT WinnerCongratulations to our winner of last week's U-Pick Flowers charm pattern & charm pack - Sharilovessewing-Talk about crazy weather, 20" of snow in two days here!!! Your giveaway would put a wonderful touch of spring in our home and my heart. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... Read more »
- Getting Ready for SpringKT WinnerThis week's winner of the KT Collector's Club Fresh Cut Flowers Pack is: Janie -What a great giveaway. It will help those of us who remain unsure if they want to commit to a fun club. Thanks a bunch!Please email your shipping address to email@example.com along with what you've won.... Read more »
- More Cleaning ...KT GiveawayI'm still uncovering bags and bundles and boxes of scraps leftover from quilting projects over the past year or two. My baskets and bins are overflowing, so I'd like to share with you. Here are two more assortments of scraps for our giveaway this week. Scraps #1 - Gooseberry... Read more »
- Cruisin' into MarchKT March Special While you're reading this, Robert and I are teaching (or rather, playing with quilters) on a quilting cruise with Jenny and Ron Doan (Missouri Star Quilt Co). Jenny and I plan workshop trips together just so we have time to hang out. Both of our lives are crazy... Read more »
- New Book, New GivewayIt's so fun for me to share with you the new book from Martingale featuring mini charm packs. Our creative genius at Moda, Lissa Alexander, has gathered 17 projects from Moda designers who love to play with precuts. The variety is amazing! Be sure to check out all the designer's... Read more »
- A Little More Fresh Cut Flowers & Blockheads SurprisesKT Winners The winner of the U-Pick Flowers charm pattern is: Lewcrese Shields - I love the fresh picked flowers. Everyone is so bored with winter right now, we all need a little color back in our lives!!The assorted KT scraps go to: Diane H -The choice of blue... Read more »
- Windmills & Fence PostsA Manly Quilt using Fresh Cut FlowersThe Fresh Cut Flowers quilt is all about springtime and flowers and soft curves. But I wanted to add a more masculine option for this fabric collection, too. It all started when my brother requested a log cabin quilt when he saw an antique... Read more »