I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Windmills & Fence PostsA Manly Quilt using Fresh Cut FlowersThe Fresh Cut Flowers quilt is all about springtime and flowers and soft curves. But I wanted to add a more masculine option for this fabric collection, too. It all started when my brother requested a log cabin quilt when he saw an antique... Read more »
- A Few More Fresh Cut FlowersKT WinnerCongratulation to:Barbara - Love the Fresh Cut Flowers lap quilt! Would love to win some KT scraps. Thank you for a chance to win. email@example.comThanks for including your email address.U-Pick FlowersI enjoy the challenge of designing a quilt for each fabric collection based on... Read more »
- KT February SpecialCozy Quilts and Comforts Baby, it's cold outside! Now is the perfect time to curl up in your most comfy chair with a cup of your favorite warm beverage and new quilting book to inspire your creativity. Need a recommendation? My new Cozy Quilts and Comforts book. There are more... Read more »
- Thinking of Spring (& Cleaning)KT WinnersThanks to everyone who left such positive comments. It was a real mood booster. I'm definitely going through a bit of cabin fever this year between being stuck in the house sick for a while and no traveling. Usually, Robert and I are gone about a week to 10... Read more »
- More Cleaning HouseSeems I started the new year off late after the flu won in overtime - and I'm still behind. Let's get caught up with TWO giveaways this week! I'll feel much better finding good homes for some lonely scrap bags. But first... KT WinnerCongratulations to:Angeliasue - Happy New Year!... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #46We're soooo close to the end! This has been a great 48 week series. I've enjoyed getting to know the other designers better, and LOVE hearing your thoughts and seeing all the amazing blocks on Facebook. Thanks to everyone who has participated. I'm anxious to see your finished quilts.Question of... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #45Blockheads Week #45Question of the Week: Do you have any exciting plans or adventures on your calendar for 2018?As a matter of fact, I do! Jenny Doan and I are cruisin' together again in Feb/March. We're teaching in back-to-back cruises this year - 2 weeks at sea, double the fun!... Read more »