I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Blockheads II - Week #3Not a Techie Hopefully, we have all the kinks worked out of the links to the Blockheads II instructions. If you're like me, technology is a challenge, even on a good day when the computer fairies are smiling down and singing about fast internet. Sorry for any inconvenience. I believe... Read more »
- Blockheads II - Week 2Block #2 - Buckeye Beauty by Barbara Groves of Me & My SisterIt's Week #2 of the new Moda Blockheads II Block-of-the-Week. I hope you're following along with us on this 48-week journey. Thirteen Moda designers are contributing blocks each Wednesday - 6", some 12" and a few 18" -... Read more »
- Blockheads II Begins Today!Welcome to Blockheads IIIf you followed Blockheads, thanks for hanging out with us for 48 weeks. If you're just joining us, I'm so glad you're here! Be sure to sign up for the Blockheads II Facebook group to keep up with all the latest happenings, including blocks posted by the... Read more »
- Past & FutureKT WinnerI'm a couple weeks behind in announcing a winner of the KT Country Road Flannel bundle. I've been enjoying working in the yard and cleaning up/organizing my spaces in this "in-between" fabric lines period of time. But we do have a winner! Congratulations to:Jan Taylor -What happens when... Read more »
- Mother's Day WishesKT WinnerCongratulations to Lisa in Missouri. You're the winner of our KT Country Road Flannel bundle.Enjoy a bit of Country Road before it hits the quilt shops in July.Lisa -Love reading the phrase "dirt roads". I still say that when referring to "gravel roads", which is said here in... Read more »
- Happy May Day! (and a KT May Special)KT WinnerCongrats to our winner of last week's flannels:BONNIE HILL - Love, Love, Love, and want it all. !!!Bonnie, you'll be the first on your block to be able to fondle the new KT Country Road flannels. They'll be at your favorite quilt shop in July along with the Flannel... Read more »
- New! Country Road FlannelsKT WinnerCongratulations to our winner of last week's U-Pick Flowers charm pattern & charm pack - Sharilovessewing-Talk about crazy weather, 20" of snow in two days here!!! Your giveaway would put a wonderful touch of spring in our home and my heart. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... Read more »