I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Moda Blockheads Week #7Moda Blockheads Question of the Week:What's your favorite ruler? Do you have a preferred brand? Size?I like Olfa rulers with their skinny black lines and sharp 1/8" markings. They're clear acrylic to easily see thru for use with any color fabric. I think I have virtually every size they make!... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #6KT WinnerThe winner of our red/tan/blue scrap bag this week isBeth Esser -Love all the blocks! My favorite needle size is 70 with my favorite Aurifil thread!Hope you find some prints that will work perfectly in your Blockheads blocks.I'm so excited to check on Facebook each morning to see all... Read more »
- KT April SpecialOur April monthly special is a celebration of spring! We've introduced our KT Kut-ups on several new projects and now have them especially for our Bees 'n Blooms lap quilt and Blooms Mini Table Treat. KT Kut-ups are precut fusible appliques that are ready to fuse & stitch onto the quilt... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW #3KT WinnerCongratulations to:Carol C. - I usually don't pre-wash, because I like to use the pre-cuts. The layered method looks really intriguing -- thanks for sharing the additional information! I love sampler quilts, and love these blocks... thanks so much!You're the winner of our fat... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW #2KT WinnerCongratulations to:Chelra - I plan to give your way a shot. I love learning new ways to do things. Thanks for the opportunity to continue my quilting education. You're the winner of (8) KT tan fat 1/8's. Perfect for backgrounds of the Blockheads' blocks.Reply to email@example.com with... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads BOW #1Betsy, Jo, Jan, Lisa, Carrie & I are all so excited you're joining us in our 48-week long BOW. The adventure begins with our first 6" block, Whirlygig. Try it on for size and post your block with the hashtag #modablockheads to all your social media sites. Thistle Farm Basket David... Read more »