I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Notes from the RoadI've been traveling alot this summer, from the Quilter's Plus Guild in Glenwood, IL, to two shops in Canada - Chicken Feed Quilts in Coaldale AB & Beaver Creek Mercantile in Caroline AB - to most recently, the East Iowa Heritage Quilt Guild in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My grandaughter, Aleece,... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #21Question of the Week:Do you put labels on your quilts?The correct answer is YES, of course, I'm very organized and every quilt is labeled. However, I fall down here pretty regularly. My piecers are trying to come up with a better plan for making sure the quilts we're rushing to... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #20Question of the Week:Do you wash/clean your quilts? If so, any special tips to share?As usual, I can't give a straight "Yes" or "No" answer (drives my hubby crazy!). If it's a quilt to display in the store, no. I like the crispness of the sizing so it hangs well.... Read more »
- KT July Special WinnerKT WinnerCongrats to Debby. You're the winner of the KT charm pattern of your choice (looks like you have a couple already picked out!). Debby - Charm packs are one of my favorite precuts. Love Signs of Fall, Shining Stars and Sunny Trio! Thanks for the chance to win.Email the store... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #19Question of the Week:Do you display your quilts in your home? If so, how?They're everywhere - on the bed, over the headboard, on sofas & chairs, table tops, in baskets, as a shower curtain. Some are ones I made, some are antiques. I change them out for the season, but... Read more »
- July KT SpecialJuly's Charming SpecialI love charm packs. They offer an entire fabric collection in the palm of your hand for about $10. How can you not love that? I design a charm quilt for each fabric collection, keeping the theme/season of the line in mind. Moda has been cutting charm packs... Read more »
- Don't Miss our June SpecialGoing, going....Don't forget to check out our June KT Special - Crazy for Minis Booklet & kits and all Mini Charm packs, 20-25% off thru Friday. That's just $3 each for KT Mini Charm packs!Click HERE to see our June Specials.I shared a few of the Crazy for Minis projects... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Week #16KT WinnerThanks to all of you that commented about your favorite Mini Table Treats w/Kut-ups. How fun to see which ones you like best. That inspires me to work on more for winter and holidays.Congratulations to our winner of all 4 new MTT patterns:mangozz - I would have to choose... Read more »