I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Blockheads IIWeek #44 - Candy Stripper by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella BoutiqueWhen I make so many diverse blocks for a sampler quilt, as with our Blockheads II project, I like that Vanessa's simple 12" checkerboard & stripe block can be used in a corner or between busier blocks for a visual… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IIBlock #43 - Mosaic by Brigitte HeitlandAn cool take on the square-in-a-square block. Easy piecing shows off your favorite fabric or some fussy cutting in the center square, if you like. I opted for more red/tan/blues with a feature print in the center. I might make more of these to… Read more »
- On Meadowlark Pond - Coming Soon!KT's newest fabric collection, On Meadowlark Pond, is coming soon to a quilt shop near you. We're looking for a mid-February arrival of bolts and precuts with a colorful breath of spring in KT's freshest colors yet.Click HERE to download the chart of prints and fabric numbers. To read this… Read more »
- Looking forward to SunshineKT Winner Congratulations to this week's winner:Angelia Lanouette - Oh my, you have been very busy! I grew up in New Hampshire and I am very familiar with the beautiful beaches of Maine. Ogunquit and Kennebunk are some of our favorites. Further up the coast is Bar Harbor and the absolutely… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads IICorrectionAfter glancing at my phone this morning to check this blog post, I had this feeling that something about my Ribbon Star didn't look quite right. While computer generating the block, I had turned all the half squares. I like the "new" design, too, but don't let it confuse you.… Read more »
- KT & Friends II - Hamilton, MOKT & Friends Retreat II Have you heard? I'm throwing a party with two of my favorite designer friends - actually three - Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co, and Barb & Mary of Me & My Sister Designs. They're three of the most innovative and energetic ladies I… Read more »