I create inspirational and lively designs for quilts and stitcheries that combine my unique jointed appliqué templates and free motion machine drawing technique. Much of my work is inspired by children and their purity of thought, their innocence and the joy they find in the mundane.
As an experienced speaker and teacher, I regularly host talks and workshops focusing on the design process and the creative techniques I use. So far I have written five books – and I have no plans to stop! They are: Freya and Fred – Hearty Good Wishes – A Field Guide – Home Quilt Home – and The Wordsmith.
- The Splendid SamplerHappy Splendid Sampler Day! Exactly a year ago today we all started on a splendidly challenging patchwork adventure. Where ever did that year go? It’s not every year you get two presents a week, but that is exactly what happened during our Splendid Sampler year! I have… Read more »
- Aurifil Designer of the monthHello and welcome! I am pleased to tell you that I am Aurifil’s designer of the month for January 2017. The year is off to a great start! Every year Aurifil and Pat Sloan invite twelve designers to create a special, unique block for you and host a quilt-a- long… Read more »
- And the winner is…It was so much fun to read all your lovely comments, some from old friends and lots from new to me ‘Splenderettes’! Welcome one and all. And now to announce the winner of my ‘More Hearty Good Wishes’ charm pack…. drum roll please…. goes to comment number 19 (as chosen by the… Read more »
- Top of the HillCan you believe we’re already halfway through our Splendid adventure? Well, I’ve got around 30 blocks made so far and am really pleased with them. Some have been rather challenging to say the least and all of them have made me go slowly and actually use my ‘textbook’ techniques as… Read more »
- Wildflowers quilt-a-longWe’re half way through our wildflowers quilt-a-long already! Here are our flowers so far, one for each month and more to come. If you’d like to join in, it’s not too late simply sign up for my free newsletter and you can be creating your own wildflower quilt too. … Read more »