I create inspirational and lively designs for quilts and stitcheries that combine my unique jointed appliqué templates and free motion machine drawing technique. Much of my work is inspired by children and their purity of thought, their innocence and the joy they find in the mundane.
As an experienced speaker and teacher, I regularly host talks and workshops focusing on the design process and the creative techniques I use. So far I have written five books – and I have no plans to stop! They are: Freya and Fred – Hearty Good Wishes – A Field Guide – Home Quilt Home – and The Wordsmith.
- Aurifil Designer ChallengeThe Aurifil designer for February is Maureen Cracknell, pop over to Auribuzz to hear all about her and to download your free copy of this lovely tulip block ‘Dutch Treat’. This year all the designers are being given a colour from the colour wheel rainbow to be inspired by. Maureen... Read more »
- The Splendid SamplerHappy Splendid Sampler Day! Exactly a year ago today we all started on a splendidly challenging patchwork adventure. Where ever did that year go? It’s not every year you get two presents a week, but that is exactly what happened during our Splendid Sampler year! I have made about 40 of the blocks... Read more »
- Aurifil Designer of the monthHello and welcome! I am pleased to tell you that I am Aurifil’s designer of the month for January 2017. The year is off to a great start! Every year Aurifil and Pat Sloan invite twelve designers to create a special, unique block for you and host a quilt-a- long for the... Read more »
- Pat’s mega fun book tourHello and a very warm welcome to my stop on Pat’s mega fun book tour! I’ve known Pat for a few years now and she is one of the kindest, generous, supportive and encouraging quilters I know. Pat has written another (her 33rd!) book which sets out to teach us all how... Read more »
- And the winner is…It was so much fun to read all your lovely comments, some from old friends and lots from new to me ‘Splenderettes’! Welcome one and all. And now to announce the winner of my ‘More Hearty Good Wishes’ charm pack…. drum roll please…. goes to comment number 19 (as chosen by the random number... Read more »
- Top of the HillCan you believe we’re already halfway through our Splendid adventure? Well, I’ve got around 30 blocks made so far and am really pleased with them. Some have been rather challenging to say the least and all of them have made me go slowly and actually use my ‘textbook’ techniques as learnt... Read more »
- Wildflowers quilt-a-longWe’re half way through our wildflowers quilt-a-long already! Here are our flowers so far, one for each month and more to come. If you’d like to join in, it’s not too late simply sign up for my free newsletter and you can be creating your own wildflower quilt too. Sign up here for... Read more »