For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Moda Blockheads 2 - Block #36Rolling Stoneby Jo MortonYou can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking hereAnd as we head into theweek of Christmasour special for 2 weeksis the Bible Quilt.The pattern for the Bible Quilt will sell for 1/2 price for 2 weeks.You can go to the website to purchase it by clicking here.Its... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2 - Block #35 isGibbyby Laurie SimpsonYou can go to her blog to download the pattern byclicking here.And because this is Blockheads WednesdayMartingale & Moda are having a free book andfabric giveaway on Martingale's blog.Here's the link to go to it. http://blog.shopmartingale.com/?p=43842 This is Tree DancerI had some extra Lilac Ridgefabric and decided to stitch anotherMini Quilt... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2 - Block #34Block #34 isBasket and Vine by Jan PatekTo download the pattern click here.Usually I make a 2nd block and take pictures as I go along to do a tutorial. This week however, we have had a blizzard which has taken up most of my time. And ladies the month of Christmas is upon... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #33Star Power by Stacy lest HsuYou can go to her blog to download the patternby clicking here.I hope everyone got enough to eat over ThanksgivingI know we did.Our son Max (Cullen and Quinn's Dad) got Pep's cooking gene(I've always said that as a cook, I'm a good quilter)and we went to his... Read more »
- Block #32 & Wallhanging Club offering -Moda Blockheads 2Block #32X-Quartet - a 6" blockdesigned by Betsy ChutchianYou can go to her blog to download the patternby clicking here.And this is our Wallhanging Club selection for thisMonth "Friends". I designed it using Betsy'sfabric line "Harriet's Handwork".If you're a member of the Wallhanging Club you shouldbe getting your kit... Read more »
- Block #31Interstellar by Vanessa GoertzenYou can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking here. This week we're celebrating Veterans Day - honoring all the brave mean and women in our Armed Services that keep our country safe.This is "American Glory" and the kit is on sale this week.Supplies are limited so grab one while you... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2 - #30Gaude by BrigetteYou can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking here.And Ladies I hate to mention theobvious but the holidays loom.Pep and Max are busy coming upwith the Thanksgiving menu and once we've mastered Thanksgiving,Hannukah & Christmas can't be far behind.So our Deal this week is my little 6" AngelQuilt... Read more »
- #29Courthouse Stepsby Carrie NelsonYou can go to Moda's blogto download the patternby clicking here.And this isWendy the WitchOur latest Tablestand kit and pattern.You can get the kit or just the patternby clicking here,This is Rufus - my cat - or one of them.Rufus heard it was the month - or day... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads #28Lincoln's Platformby Barb & Mary ofMe and My SisterYou can go to their blog to download the patternby clicking here.Now with Market looming and quilts still needing to be hand quilted(my Welcome quilt) I need to stop and say a word about Over the Meadow.I was asked by The Quilting Company to film... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads #27Mountain Climbingby Lynne of Kansas TroublesYou can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here.And speaking of Lynne, she'll be joining Jenny Doan, and Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister and Meat Missouri Star's Fall Festivalon Thursday the 18th - Moda Day.This is my new "Keeping Watch Pillow"that... Read more »