For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Moda Blockhead - Block #38Peace and Plentyby Betsy ChutchianYou can go to her blog to download thepattern by clicking here.Question for today: "What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?Turkey? Pie?"Well that ones easy. I may have mentioned before that Pep is an awesome chef - so is our youngest son, Max.And I was raised by a mother... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #37Double Delight Starby Lynne of KT QuiltsTo download the pattern go to her blog by clicking here.I love star blocks - appliqué star block, pieced star blocks.And this one is great. Thanks Lynne.Our question for today isDo you remember your first Quilt Market as an Exhibitor? When was it? Was it... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads #36 - Hooray! Hooray!Shoo Datby Carrie Nelsonmade out of my Coral Bells fabric line.To download the pattern for Carrie's block go toher blog by clicking hereMy - oh my - oh MyWe have been having issues with our email address at Centurylink.A customer called Tammie and said she had gotten a message that there... Read more »
- Lilac Ridge at Fall Market in Houston and Moda Blockheads, Block #35Here's my cozy little cornerat Fall Quilt Marketin Houston.Chock full of quilts made from my Lilac Ridge fabric line.And here is Block # 35 - Northridgeby Lisa BongeanTo download Lisa's pattern click here.Here is the house block from last week quilted and on a heart hanger. The random number generator pickedSorcha... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #34Log Cabin Blockby Jan Patek(Me, Myself :)To get to the link to download the pattern click here.And since I had all my blocks made quite awhile ago, I made another one and quilted to so I could walk you through it.And also since I leave for Market today it's going to be mainly... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #33Starzby Jo MortonTo download the pattern for Jo's block go to her blog by clicking here.We had some visitors this week Debbi & Laura from Virginia were out shop hopping and came by.We don't really have a shop - I just have my studio in the loft -but if you're in the... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #32Dutchman's PuzzlebyBetsy ChutchianTo download the pattern go to her blog by clicking here.It's been a really good week.First and foremost my Sycamore fabric line came in and with it the kitsfor Coxcombs and Pomegranates.Most of them are spoken for as we took preorders but we ordered a few extra and you can... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #31Dot Dashby Lynne of Kansas TroublesTo download Lynne's pattern click here.I just got back from Golden, Colorado filming a series of lessons on Needleturn Appliqué.As I really don't like flying, I drove, so this is going to be very short.It went well - I had a great time andI am very tired.Lets go... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #30 -Four Patch Dash by Carrie NelsonYou can down load the pattern for Carrie's Block by clicking here.This one was made with fabrics from my Coral Bells fabric line.Right now, I'm not at home.I'm in Golden, Colorado where its 46. It was 89 at home when I left home Sunday.They're warning truckers not to... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #29- JuneauBy Lisa BongeanTo get the pattern for her awesome block click here.Wow Lisa, Wow!And since some people need more than 48 blocks and therehave been requests for more appliqué I designedthis timely little acorn block.To get the pattern for it click here. I'll give you a few simple directions in a... Read more »