For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Blogger's Gadgets acting up again, Block #44 and We Have a New Mystery Quilt and it has a name........Blogger's Gadgets are acting up again-the image Gadget won't put up a picture of my Deal of the WeekSo, I'll make it part of my post for awhile.This week we have a pattern BOGO onLilly's Hearts Throw and the Lilly's Hearts Mini.You can get them both for one price by clicking here.NOW FOR… Read more »
- Block #43 & Mystery Quilt 2019 needs a nameBlock #43 is Mosaic by Brigette of Zen Chic.You can get to her pageto download the patternby clicking here.And this is the 2019Mystery QuiltIt is 56" x 74"and at the moment itdoesn't have a name.Lately coming up with nameshas turned into the hardest partof designing quilts.So again this year I'll have acontest to… Read more »
- Block #42 - Kind of - Well really 2 somewhat versionsI think that I have made it plain overthe years that piecing is not my first choice.One of the reason I prefer appliqué is that withpieced blocks you have to pay too much attention -you can't just relax and sew.The top block is the first one I made.The bottom block… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block 41 & LilacsLinda's Lilacs to be exact.The kit for the quilts isour Deal of the Weekat 25% off.With all of the snow outside,we thought a little lilac wouldbe welcome.You can get your kit for Linda's Lilacs by clicking here.Block #41 of Moda Blockheads is Bella Spinners byBarb & Mary of Me & My SisterYou… Read more »
- Love, love, love & Block #40Block #40 isRibbon Star by Lynne of KT Quilts. I just love star blocks and this one isparticularly awesome.You can go to Lynne's blog to download the pattern by clicking here.We're shoveling out from Winter Storm Giaand trying to prepare for the next one sothis going to be really short.The DEAL of the WEEK… Read more »
- Block # 39 and Happy Almost Valentines DayBlock #39 Bordered Granny Blockby Corey Yoder.You can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here.And it's almost Valentine's Day.This is Lilly's Hearts Mini QuiltSize 36" x 36"and this is Lilly's Hearts Wallhanging/Throw.Size 50" x 60"Kit's for both of these quilts are on sale this week for 20% off.We put… Read more »
- The first post of 2019And lots of things are happening.First there is the drawing forthe awesome book by Martingale on Blockheads 1.The random number generator picked Joan who said "I am just relaxing and watching old TV series. I'm going to sew on some ufo's and other projects".Joan, if you will call Tammy at 816-632-7632 or… Read more »
- We Be Stringing TooModa's having a String Along andI'm kind of excited about it.These are my first few blocks. They're made out of my Sweet Violet Fabric linethat will be in shops in February.It would work well with Lilac Ridge also.I've never made a string quilt since I usually make appliqué quiltsso this… Read more »
- Merry Day after ChristmasAs I'm sure all of you know the week before Christmas israther hectic.Sooooo...instead of posting Sherri'sbeautiful but complex block forBlockheads 2I decided to have a drawing for the Blockheads 1 bookand post 2 blocks for Blockheads 2 next week.To enter the drawing for the Blockheadsbook simply make an "after Christmas" commentand next week we'll… Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2 - Block #36Rolling Stoneby Jo MortonYou can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking hereAnd as we head into theweek of Christmasour special for 2 weeksis the Bible Quilt.The pattern for the Bible Quilt will sell for 1/2 price for 2 weeks.You can go to the website to purchase it by clicking here.Its… Read more »