For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- October - Pumpkins & leaves & AnniversariesHere's my scarecrow pillow from the Moda "I Can Make That"Blog Hop.The fabrics are a combination ofmy Sweet Violet fabric lineand Betsy Chutchian's "Sarah's Story" line.I thought they went together in a mostpleasing manner :)To purchase a kit to make the pillow topyou need to click here.Our vintage book (or books… Read more »
- The winner of the last drawingWas #5Julie Rose saidJulieroseOctober 4, 2019 at 12:24 PMLove that Angel table topper--just perfect for the holiday season....hugs, JulieroseAnd since there were 2 quilts I decided to do another drawing.I kind of skewed the results by taking out all the entries that said theywanted the Tablerunner and the entries by… Read more »
- Day #10 - Last Day of HopAnd 2 Quilts designed by me :)Home, Sweet Log Cabin Homemade with Sweet Violet fabricsand an Angel Tablerunnermade with Sarah's Story fabricsby Betsy Chutchian.To win your choice of the patterns, make a comment, any old comment,and I'll have the Random Number Generator pick a winner which I'll announce Monday.The winner of the… Read more »
- Day #9Over The River BOMQuilt designed by meFabric - Sarah's Story by Betsy Chutchian.This is one of my husband' favorite quilts.I don't think I've ever designed a quilt hedidn't like but every once in awhile there is one that he loves.It has all of our favorite elementsHome, nature, God (besides the obvious church… Read more »
- Day 8 - Hump Day this weekWe're back to Sweet Violetand this isBeeskep and Violets36" x 36"And I'm going to do this a littledifferently this time.Usually I stay away from asking for anything controversial in my commentbut please make a comment about why we needto make sure our futureincludes bees so that we can also have violets.And… Read more »
- Tuesday, Day 7Sarah's SecretAnd our Mini Quilt (25" x 20") for today(fast and easy stitchingTo enter my drawing for a free pattern make a comment about why you love being a grandma and I'll have the random number generator pick a number and announce the pattern winner tomorrow.The winner of the pattern for "Welcome"is Karen from… Read more »
- Day 6Back to Sweet VioletAnd our Mini Quilt for today(fast and easy stitching - it's only 26" x 16")not only welcomes you to Moda's blog hopbut will welcome guests to your home.To enter my drawing for a free pattern for Welcome, make a comment, any old comment and I'll have the random number generator… Read more »
- Day 5Back to Sarah's StoryWinter Wonderland BOMFabric by Betsy ChutchianPattern by meWe just did a Halloween pillow solets start getting ready for winter.I do so love this quilt and am almost,but not quite, looking forward to snow and all things Christmacy.To enter my drawing for a free pattern for Winter Wonderland BOM, make… Read more »
- Moda Blog Hop, Day 4OK - this is going to be a little different.The designer for today is ME andto get to the pattern for my block,click hereBut I didn't just make an 18" block,I turned it into a pillowand I didn't just use the Sweet Violet fabricbut insteadused a combination of Sweet Violetand Sarah's… Read more »