For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Back from Market and It's Block #12I've been asked to include more pictures of my booth and the Sycamore quilts from Market.The large one is Coxcombs and Pomegrantates, a 12 month BOM. We are taking preorders for the kit of the whole quilt. You can either buy it from our store by clicking here or you... Read more »
- We're off to St. Louis and Quilt Market but first.....................Lisa's star by Lisa Bongeanwho is an absolute whiz at doing these teeny, tiny triangle squares.To get her pattern for the block you need to go to her blog by clicking here.I, on the other hand, am not an absolute whiz at doing these teeny, tiny triangle squares.I love the... Read more »
- Wednesday, 10 May - Pep's Birthday and ....My Wednesday to post a block in Moda Blockheads.My block this week is an appliquéd Basket and Flower.It says on the pattern page to use your preferred method of Appliqué which makes sense becauseit's your quilt. I never taught appliqué because I assumed that everyone else knew how to do... Read more »
- I can't believe its Wednesday Again-----AlreadyAnd its May already. Memorial Day is coming and I always like to have a new Flag Quilt for Memorial Day so I designed this little Flag and Star Mini Quilt.It's quick and not too hard and you can easily have it done by the end of the month. If... Read more »
- I almost forgot it was WednesdayI've been so busy what with getting ready for Market and scheduling in doctor appointments in Kansas City for Pep. I did forget that it's almost May and I had to design a Mini Quilt for the Mini Quilt Club that goes out in May.I just got the design done... Read more »
- It's Wednesday - Time forModa Blockheads Block #7Penny Basket by Lynne of Kansas TroublesYou can download the pattern from Lynne's blog by going to http://kansastroublesquilters-lynne.blogspot.com.I made my block using Lynne's fabric line Thistle Farm and I really like it.We're home from the hospital!Pep has a new hip made out of cobalt chrome, ceramic and plastic.I'm... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #6 - Sunflower by Carrie NelsonIt finally feel somewhat like Spring here in Missouri. My Crabapple tree out front is drop-dead gorgeous and little bunnies are hopping around everywhere.To celebrate we've put the BOM pattern for Birds and Bunnieson sale for 25%off.We might as well bring spring inside the house too.To order one you can... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #5 - Coronationby Lisa Bongean.Here's the block I made using her Liberty Gatherings fabric.To download the pattern for Lisa's block click here.Now, be sure to go to everyone's blog to see what they've done with it, especially Lisa's.Lynne -Blog - http://kansastroublesquilters-lynne.blogspot.com/ Betsy -Blog - http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/ Lisa B -Blog - https://lisabongean.com/ Jo -Blog - http://jomortonquilts.com/jos_journal/ Moda -Blog - http://blog.modafabrics.com/ Facebook has decided, I... Read more »
- Getting ready for April and Moda Blockheads Block #4 with instructionsBy Me :)But first.....April is almost here and thank heavens we've had a few "April Showers".To get us all in the mood for April we've put our Parasol Princess kit on sale for 25% off. Stitching on it's cheery fabrics will drive away any "blahs" the showers might bring.While we're... Read more »
- To Market Table Stand Quilt & Moda Blockheads BOW - Block #3I don't think it's officially Spring yetbut I think we're all ready for it!Baby chicks, rabbits and Easter Baskets are showing up everywhere at our houseand our latest Table Stand quilt is ready to ship.You can get 15% off by joining the Club if you call or email Tammy at... Read more »