For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Happy Valentines Day All ----- Blockheads -Good News and Bad NewsFirst the Good News.Lissa at Moda has said we can notify you that there willdefinitely be a 2018 Moda Blockheads!!!!!The exact details are being worked out, (yardage, block sizes, etc) but it is definitely a go and I am so excited.So stay tuned on Wednesdays for further developmentsand get your 2017... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads- Backing up a bit -Block #10Basket & Flowerby MeIf you've recently joined you can downloadthe pattern by clicking here.This was my second block. Originally I didn't show peoplethe steps I take to appliqué each block - mainly because I thought they already knew.But as the Blockheads progressed I realized a whole lot of people didn't - so... Read more »
- Block #48 - - - "Last but by no means Least"HoneymoonbyCarrie NelsonYou can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here. Now for the second stage - The setting.Here is what I have decided to do with mineTo download the pdf with measurements, etc. click here.And for a sneak peek at the colors and fabrics .............Oh - and another... Read more »
- And today it's 47! which isStarry 9-PatchbyLisa BongeanGo to her blog by clicking hereto download the pattern for her block.Now for the winner of the kit for the Cat and Dog Mini quiltincluding the hanger.The Random Number Generatorpicked Amy who said"Oooh, I haven't finished the cardinal yet. And we only have one dog in the family who... Read more »
- And 46 - Last one for me.I'm definitely going to miss doing this each week.It has become part of my quilting routine.Block #46Cat and Dog.To download the pattern for Rufus and Dobby(and for Dueces & Elizabeth)click here.I've gone over this with all of my recent blocks but since there arestill new people joining Blockheads, I'll go... Read more »
- 45 - WOWDouble DutchbyJo MortonYou can download the pattern by going to Jo's blog byclicking here.And I actually have time to answer the question this week."Do you have any exciting plans or adventures on your calendar for 2018?"Yes - my 2018 Mystery Quilt that starts next month.I love my Mystery Quilts.They're always... Read more »
- We're Getting there!!!!!Lawyer's Puzzleby Betsy Chutchianmade from my fabric lineCoral BellsYou can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here.Since I've been busy hanging out at the hospital with Pep for 8 days and then doing Christmas I haven't had time to do many of the questions so Ithought I'd just... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #43Any Direction byLynne of Kansas TroublesYou can go to her blog to download the patternby clicking here.And since I was busy being at the hospital without my computer and with my mind elsewhere, I didn't get to announce the winner of the Lilac Ridge fabric pack and patterns.BUT Now at long last... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #42 - at long lastTurnstile byCarrie NelsonMade from my Coral Bells fabric lineTo download the patterngo to Moda's blog by clicking here.Two weeks ago today I drove Pep to the Pain Clinic at Research Hospital inKansas City, Mo. to get an epidural for his hip which had been injured at work.They took his vital... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #41 & A Moda GiveawayPinwheel Starby Lisa Bongean.To download her pattern go to her blogby clicking here.+ (Plus)The winner of last week's Blockhead Mini & Hangerand the winner is......drumroll please.......Mary Ann who said"Love the block. The little hanger displays it perfectly."Mary Ann, if you will email Tammie at email@example.com give her your snail mail address, she'll... Read more »