For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Moda Blockheads - Block #21Flying Geese Variation byJo MortonTo get to Jo's Blog and download the patternclick here.The question for today is"Do you put labels on your quilts?"Mostly.Definitely if they are going someplace without me - like to a trunk show, etc.I try to get labels on all of the quilts before we leave for... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - 20Devil's ClawbyBetsy ChutchianTo download the pattern for her 6" block and see her mini click here.I can't wait to see her mini of this one.Ok the question for today is"Do you wash, clean your quilts?"Mostly "no".This is Homespun Stars - the quilt that is on my bed right now.It's 104" x 104". I... Read more »
- Block #19 of Moda BlockheadsNight Flightby Lynne of Kansas Trouble QuiltersAnd the question for today is"Do you display your quilts in your home and if so, how?"Well, of course - that's the primary reason I make them.This is what you would see today if you walked in the door"Flags of the American Revolution"If you... Read more »
- Block #18Rocky Mountain Puzzle by Carrie Nelsonmade out of my Coral Bells fabric line.To download the pattern go to Moda's blog by clicking here.Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July :)The question for today is "Do you sew and stitch every day"Answer"Yep. I get up in the morning,... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #17Trail of Tearsby Lisa Bongeanmade from fabrics from my Castlewood (Cream)Hawthorne Ridge (Barn red)andFern Hill (moss)fabric lines.To download the pattern for Trail of Tears click hereand to go to Lisa's blog for tips and tricks click here.And don't you just love this little block stand I found in the Ackfield booth... Read more »
- Once again it's Wednesday...........And it has been a very busy week.Saturday I took Max's sons Quinn & Cullen and joined my son Brian and his lovely wife Shannon, along with their kids Gabriel, Lilly and Brookeand we all went to Silver Dollar City.And of course I had to take some quilting along -... Read more »
- Another Day, Another Blockhead BlockAnd finally it's warm in Missouri - mostly.So I changed the quilt on my bed to one of my Spring/Summer quilts "Spring Break.The pattern was featured in Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine a couple of years ago but its been long enough that I put the pattern in my store... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Bowtie Quartet Block #13 revisited...........Here is my Bowtie block in it's neat little frame. and here is the same block done by Lorraine Hofmannout of Linda and my line "Country Paths".I love the way she fussycut the knot on the bowtie 🙂 Both of us appliquéd the knot and I'm revisiting the block to include... Read more »