For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Are we sure it's April??????It certainly doesn't feel like it's April here.But I refuse to give in to the gloominess.And in an attempt to coerce the weather, I'm putting up only cheerful, warm weather quiltswhich immediately brought "Sunny Days" to mind.I decided to make it my special this week and foundthat when we transferred everything... Read more »
- And it's Wednesday againBut will it ever be Spring????This is a picture I took of the brooder houses on Easter morning.(For those of you who don't raise chickens, brooder housesare where you put the just hatched chickens with special warming lightsspecial feed, etc.)They are covered with orchard netting that looks magical in thesnow... Read more »
- Wednesday 14 March -Almost St. Patricks Day!!!But first The winner of the Spring Tablestand Quilt is Chriswho said "Such a cute whimsical bunny and you can never go wrong with flowers"Thanks Chris and please email Tammie your snail mail information soshe can send your kit.And - at long last the last of the Blockheads Mini QuiltsTo... Read more »
- Beeskep Mini Quilt Winner, Tablestand and Sneek PeekOnce again, first things first.The winner of the Beeskep Mini QuiltisMarsha B who said "I love that beeskep block and the adorable hanger. Thanks for a chance at winning. Love all of your designs!" Thanks Marsha and please send Tammie (firstname.lastname@example.org) your snail mail info and she'll send out your kit.... Read more »
- And It's Wednesday Again....................First things first - - We need to announce the winner of the drawing for theBasket Mini Quilt Kit w/hanger.The Random Number Generator picked Diane who said"Sewing comes easier these days as a way to enjoy the day. Another Snow Day - Hooray!"Diane, if you will email Tammy at email@example.com and give... Read more »
- Huzzah! Huzzah! And it's still WednesdayModa BlockheadsBasket Mini Quilt w/ hanger.If you're just joining and need to download the patternplease click here.For a chance to win a free kit including the hangermake a comment, any old comment,and the Random Number Generator will pick a winner to be announced next Wednesday.If you want to buy one now, click... Read more »
- Happy Valentines Day All ----- Blockheads -Good News and Bad NewsFirst the Good News.Lissa at Moda has said we can notify you that there willdefinitely be a 2018 Moda Blockheads!!!!!The exact details are being worked out, (yardage, block sizes, etc) but it is definitely a go and I am so excited.So stay tuned on Wednesdays for further developmentsand get your 2017... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads- Backing up a bit -Block #10Basket & Flowerby MeIf you've recently joined you can downloadthe pattern by clicking here.This was my second block. Originally I didn't show peoplethe steps I take to appliqué each block - mainly because I thought they already knew.But as the Blockheads progressed I realized a whole lot of people didn't - so... Read more »
- Block #48 - - - "Last but by no means Least"HoneymoonbyCarrie NelsonYou can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here. Now for the second stage - The setting.Here is what I have decided to do with mineTo download the pdf with measurements, etc. click here.And for a sneak peek at the colors and fabrics .............Oh - and another... Read more »
- And today it's 47! which isStarry 9-PatchbyLisa BongeanGo to her blog by clicking hereto download the pattern for her block.Now for the winner of the kit for the Cat and Dog Mini quiltincluding the hanger.The Random Number Generatorpicked Amy who said"Oooh, I haven't finished the cardinal yet. And we only have one dog in the family who... Read more »