For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Moda Blockheads Block #29- JuneauBy Lisa BongeanTo get the pattern for her awesome block click here.Wow Lisa, Wow!And since some people need more than 48 blocks and therehave been requests for more appliqué I designedthis timely little acorn block.To get the pattern for it click here. I'll give you a few simple directions in a... Read more »
- Happy National Sew a Jelly Roll DayAnd the winner of the kit for Jelly Roll Stars & SquaresisNancySeptember 13, 2017 at 5:57 AM. who saidI hope that you had a great birthday. Love your Jelly Roll Stars and Squares Quilt.Nancy, if you will email Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org and give her your snail mail address we'll ship your... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #28 - Applique PumpkinBy Me - Jan PatekTo download the pattern and instructionsclick here.To make this little pumpkin block First1) Copy the pattern pieces onto Freezer Paper.2). Cut out the shapes and iron onto your fabrics.Then place the fabric on your sandpaper board and trace around the freezer paper pattern with an appropriatecolored pencil.I... Read more »
- National Sew a Jelly Roll DayAnd it's my birthday so I'm going to give you a present.This is "Jelly Roll Stars and Squares" made from a Sycamore Jelly Roll and 7/8 yds of the tan solid.For a chance to win the Jelly Roll make a comment, any old comment and next week on Thursday we'll have Random... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #27Union Variation by Jo MortonTo get to the pattern for the blockgo to Jo's blog by clicking here.This is going to be short and sweet - way to much stitching to be done to sit at a computer.It is Sew a Jelly Roll month, after all.And besides Market, of course, we're getting... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #26Cat's Cradle by Betsy ChutchianTo download the pattern for her block go to her blog by clicking here.Last week I answered this week's question and in the process found out the answer to my often wondered Freezer Paper question.Our wonderful David sent a picture in a page from one of Elly Sienkiewiecz's... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block 25Friendship Star by Lynn of Kansas TroublesTo get the pattern for her block go to her blog by clicking here.I just love star blocks, don't you.Lets see, the question for today is "In the 20 years you've been making quilts, what is the product invention that makes you happiest?"No doubt about it - Freezer... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #24 - Corn, No Beans by Carrie NelsonWooHoo - We're halfway there :)To go to Moda's website to download her patternclick here.This is a great addition to the blocks, Carrie.Maybe we should have called this the "Moda Tiny Triangles Challenge"I love, love, love the way they look and they make me veryglad that I mainly do appliqué.And... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #23Winneconne StarbyLisa BongeanPretty awesome Lisa, as usual.To download the pattern for her blockyou need to go to her blog by clicking here.September Fest 2017We're moving right along through the year and here at Jan Patek Quilts, besides making 6" blocks, each months Mystery Quilt block and getting quilts ready for Market we're getting... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads - Block #22I finally have a name of my latest Wallhanging/Throw kit. This is Autumn Glory named by Lyn. Lyn, if you will email us at email@example.com and give us your snail mail information, etc. we will get a kit out to you.There were lots of great names and if I use any... Read more »