For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- To Market Table Stand Quilt & Moda Blockheads BOW - Block #3I don't think it's officially Spring yetbut I think we're all ready for it!Baby chicks, rabbits and Easter Baskets are showing up everywhere at our houseand our latest Table Stand quilt is ready to ship.You can get 15% off by joining the Club if you call or email Tammy at... Read more »
- Week #2 of Moda Blockheads BOW -This is my Lilac Hill quilt made of the Moda fabric line of the same name.Some very nice ladies have asked me to please do a tutorial on the quilt to help them along.There is, however, a problem with that.I don't have any of the fabric left.My next fabric line... Read more »
- Well..... At long last I am officially a Blockhead!But Not Just any Old BlockheadI'm a Moda Blockhead.And you can be one too by joining Lynne, Betsy, Jo, Lisa, Carrie and me as we make forty-eight 6" blocks. We've been waiting for this for weeks so come Quilt Along... Read more »
- Blockheads Fabric PacksWhat Fun! Lots of people seem to be joining our Quilt Along for Moda Blockheads. Luckily I chose fabrics I had in stock so there will be a few substitutions but not many;.Also Luckily the Blockhead patterns don't start going up until March 8th so we have time to cut more.We'll... Read more »
- Forward HO!..........One week closer to March 8th and the start of the Moda Blockheads BOWWe've been busy getting the Sweet 16s ready (24 in the Fabric Pack)as well as some assorted Moda "Freecuts" (smaller) that you might need for the small appliqué bits. We put them in because appliqué can have 6 ot... Read more »
- Blockheads? Moda Blockheads?Yes, Yes, Yes!Most of you who follow my work know that I don't usually do small quilts.For instance this is Over the Meadow and its 82 x 98.At the moment its available as a McCalls Quilt Along;. If you want information on the quilt you can click here. While I love making... Read more »
- Over the Meadow - McCalls Quilt Along - has startedOver the MeadowJan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts demonstrates how to make invisible applique stitches in the Lesson 1 video of our Over the Meadow and Through the Year Quilt Along. These monthly videos are free to all, even if you're not making this particular quilt, and you'll learn a LOT. With... Read more »
- So many Exciting things to work on this month................And the first thing we have to do is give away a couple of magazines.The first winner is Janet Wells who said "I'm thankful for family and friends......and time to quilt."and the 2nd winner is Mimi who said "I'm thankful for my kids and grandkids."If both of you ladies will... Read more »
- Thanksgiving is over ................already!And so is Fall Market. Here I am with my fellow Moda Designers Kate Spain and Deb Strain, my neighbors in Moda's Designer's Row.Two more days (at least) for the PumpkinsAnd then this weekend the pumpkins get put away until next year and 2015 Holly Tree Lane and the winter quilts... Read more »