For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- It's Wednesday - Time forModa Blockheads Block #7Penny Basket by Lynne of Kansas TroublesYou can download the pattern from Lynne's blog by going to http://kansastroublesquilters-lynne.blogspot.com.I made my block using Lynne's fabric line Thistle Farm and I really like it.We're home from the hospital!Pep has a new hip made out of cobalt chrome, ceramic and plastic.I'm... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #6 - Sunflower by Carrie NelsonIt finally feel somewhat like Spring here in Missouri. My Crabapple tree out front is drop-dead gorgeous and little bunnies are hopping around everywhere.To celebrate we've put the BOM pattern for Birds and Bunnieson sale for 25%off.We might as well bring spring inside the house too.To order one you can... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads Block #5 - Coronationby Lisa Bongean.Here's the block I made using her Liberty Gatherings fabric.To download the pattern for Lisa's block click here.Now, be sure to go to everyone's blog to see what they've done with it, especially Lisa's.Lynne -Blog - http://kansastroublesquilters-lynne.blogspot.com/ Betsy -Blog - http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/ Lisa B -Blog - https://lisabongean.com/ Jo -Blog - http://jomortonquilts.com/jos_journal/ Moda -Blog - http://blog.modafabrics.com/ Facebook has decided, I... Read more »
- Getting ready for April and Moda Blockheads Block #4 with instructionsBy Me :)But first.....April is almost here and thank heavens we've had a few "April Showers".To get us all in the mood for April we've put our Parasol Princess kit on sale for 25% off. Stitching on it's cheery fabrics will drive away any "blahs" the showers might bring.While we're... Read more »
- To Market Table Stand Quilt & Moda Blockheads BOW - Block #3I don't think it's officially Spring yetbut I think we're all ready for it!Baby chicks, rabbits and Easter Baskets are showing up everywhere at our houseand our latest Table Stand quilt is ready to ship.You can get 15% off by joining the Club if you call or email Tammy at... Read more »
- Week #2 of Moda Blockheads BOW -This is my Lilac Hill quilt made of the Moda fabric line of the same name.Some very nice ladies have asked me to please do a tutorial on the quilt to help them along.There is, however, a problem with that.I don't have any of the fabric left.My next fabric line... Read more »
- Well..... At long last I am officially a Blockhead!But Not Just any Old BlockheadI'm a Moda Blockhead.And you can be one too by joining Lynne, Betsy, Jo, Lisa, Carrie and me as we make forty-eight 6" blocks. We've been waiting for this for weeks so come Quilt Along... Read more »
- Blockheads Fabric PacksWhat Fun! Lots of people seem to be joining our Quilt Along for Moda Blockheads. Luckily I chose fabrics I had in stock so there will be a few substitutions but not many;.Also Luckily the Blockhead patterns don't start going up until March 8th so we have time to cut more.We'll... Read more »
- Forward HO!..........One week closer to March 8th and the start of the Moda Blockheads BOWWe've been busy getting the Sweet 16s ready (24 in the Fabric Pack)as well as some assorted Moda "Freecuts" (smaller) that you might need for the small appliqué bits. We put them in because appliqué can have 6 ot... Read more »
- Blockheads? Moda Blockheads?Yes, Yes, Yes!Most of you who follow my work know that I don't usually do small quilts.For instance this is Over the Meadow and its 82 x 98.At the moment its available as a McCalls Quilt Along;. If you want information on the quilt you can click here. While I love making... Read more »