For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Book 2 of Folk Art Favorites plus Clover Meadow fabric is shippingOur Vintage book thismonth isFolk Art Favorites.There are 3 books in this series(This is book 2)with lots of fun quilts designed byfellow Moda designerSandy Klop(known to most quilters asAmerican Jane)and of course there are a couple by me.And its a really exciting monthfor me because my latestfabric line - Clover Meadow… Read more »
- It's December alreadyAnother year almost gone.But still lots of time left to quilt :)This is Folk Art FavoritesPart 1 - Winter Holidaysby me and my friend and fellowModa Designer, Sandy Klop -known to most people as American Jane.There are 3 books in this series and this is Book 1.You need all 3… Read more »
- What a great time we had at the Mo. Star retreat ANDHappy Almost Turkey DayBut first the RetreatAnd since there is so much to do the daybefore Thanksgiving, I'll mainly show pictures.Molly Barton (Girl Wonder) of Missouri Star.Karen sewing the strips together for the beeskep/Marie using the bias maker to … Read more »
- Its still November - And COLD....This is what it looks like outside.It's 22 right now but it'ssupposed to get up to 40 later today.Yesterday the high was 22 so we're already ahead of the game right now.When its this cold this early in the seasonI spend a lot of my day taking care of my chickens -… Read more »
- And now it's November.........But for awhile it looked like we had skipped a month.Dobby, our Welsh Corgi isdiscussing the situation with the stone puppy by the garden bench.I think they decided that it was too soon for snow.I found out the breed of my little chickens.They are banty Mille Fluer D'uccles.I am assuming with that… Read more »
- It's Here!And the kit will be in December.Jan & Pep's Marvelous Adventure 93" x 99"Made for their 50th Anniversary from Clover Meadow fabric lineby Jan Patek for Moda.Close up of Center House block& Jan & Pep blockJake's house, grandson Cullen,chickens & beeskep - appliqué by Marie Boyle.Max's house, grandson Quinn,chickens & flag-appliqué by Amy… Read more »
- October - Pumpkins & leaves & AnniversariesHere's my scarecrow pillow from the Moda "I Can Make That"Blog Hop.The fabrics are a combination ofmy Sweet Violet fabric lineand Betsy Chutchian's "Sarah's Story" line.I thought they went together in a mostpleasing manner :)To purchase a kit to make the pillow topyou need to click here.Our vintage book (or books… Read more »
- The winner of the last drawingWas #5Julie Rose saidJulieroseOctober 4, 2019 at 12:24 PMLove that Angel table topper--just perfect for the holiday season....hugs, JulieroseAnd since there were 2 quilts I decided to do another drawing.I kind of skewed the results by taking out all the entries that said theywanted the Tablerunner and the entries by… Read more »
- Day #10 - Last Day of HopAnd 2 Quilts designed by me :)Home, Sweet Log Cabin Homemade with Sweet Violet fabricsand an Angel Tablerunnermade with Sarah's Story fabricsby Betsy Chutchian.To win your choice of the patterns, make a comment, any old comment,and I'll have the Random Number Generator pick a winner which I'll announce Monday.The winner of the… Read more »
- Day #9Over The River BOMQuilt designed by meFabric - Sarah's Story by Betsy Chutchian.This is one of my husband' favorite quilts.I don't think I've ever designed a quilt hedidn't like but every once in awhile there is one that he loves.It has all of our favorite elementsHome, nature, God (besides the obvious church… Read more »