For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Its Still June......And I did get an eagle kit ready for the 4th.Well, since I'm pretty busy designingquilts for my next fabric line Clover Meadow, what I did was do an old favorite in new fabric.This is Let Freedom Ring - 2019and you can get the kit by clicking here.You can at least get the… Read more »
- Good Heavens - It's JuneSpring Market is overand in case you can't tell I came home to plunge straight into designingquilts for my latest fabric lineClover Meadow.Which is why I haven't been blogging lately.But it is June and July follows Juneso lets get ready for the 4th.Our book special this month is Liberty Garden -with patterns… Read more »
- Day 11 - Final Quilts of Tabletop TurnaboutsThe winner of the signed copy ofTabletop Turnabouts fromthe Midnight Serenade post isMarsha B who said"I can't wait for the book to come out,everything in it is so adorable."Well thank you Marsha.And thanks to all who have takenthe time and energy to comment.And I'm sorry there has been a lag between… Read more »
- Day 10 of Tabletop TurnaboutsA snowman is being serenaded on the pages from Tabletop Turnabouts for today.Cardinals and a red winged blackbirdkeep him company and help lift spiritswith birdsong.We have multiple bird feeders outsidethe kitchen window and I lovewatching the birds while making coffee in the morning. The winner of the fabric scrap bag and Triangle Square paper… Read more »
- Day 9 of Tabletop TurnaboutsThe pages from Tabletop Turnabouts for today will help us get in the mood for Christmas.(It's never too early to Start) Holly Tree Lane with the snow-coveredroof on it's house,the Snowman, cardinal andHolly leaves on the 12" sideand two trees and two ornaments on the 6" blocks.The winner of the fabric scrap bag… Read more »
- Day 8 of Tabletop Turnabouts, A Great "Deal of the Week" and the 1/2 price book for MayHappy 2 Days after Mayday.The pages from Tabletop Turnabouts for today will help us get in the mood for Fall.Pumpkins and Black Cats are on the wayas soon as summer ends and wewant to be ready for them.And since they're small and stitch up quicklywe'll have time this summer for a… Read more »
- Day 7 of Tabletop TurnaboutsThe page from Tabletop Turnaboutsfor today features my little quiltAcorn LaneRight now I think we're all veryappreciative of Spring with it'swarmer weather after the harsh winter.Normally, however, Fall is my favoritetime of the year. Squirrels scurry to bury acorns to savor during the long winter months.Pumpkins, crisp days and nights and beautiful leaves… Read more »
- Ladies from Tennessee & Day 6 from Tabletop TurnaboutsYesterday we had a visit from a very nice group of ladies,mostly from Tennessee with one or two from Georgia and I think there was 1 from Ohio.I believe their common bond was originally doing a Sew Along with my book Homespun Hearth.They called a couple of months ago tosee if they could… Read more »
- Day 5 - Tabletop Turnabouts - To Market, To MarketThe little chocolate bunny is hitchinga ride on the wagon pulled by the baby chick.on the way to fill the Easter Baskets.I really hope some larger rabbits and chickens come along to help.These 2 will get tired outlong before they get to Market.We have a winner of the scrap bag and marking pencil.… Read more »
- Day 4 of Tabletop Turnabouts by Jan Patek & MartingaleBunny HopFrontAnd back.We think the bunny is riding histrusty steed tocheck out his garden.So far the perennials are up and he's ready to plant his veggies. :)Bunnies have to eat you know and people frown when they eat the flowers.The winner of last week's prize is Amy who volunteers in a 6th grade… Read more »