For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Moda Blockheads 2 - Block #3Pennsylvaniaby Carrie NelsonTo download the pattern go to http://www.modafabrics.com/bh2_cn_pennsylvania.pdf. For some reason when we copy the link the www. doesn't copy but whenI type the whole thing out, it works.Huzzah! huzzah.I would send you to all the other Blockhead blogs but I doubt if those links work also so lets just trygoing to http://blog.modafabrics.com/block-heads-2/ ... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2- Block #2Buckeye Beauty designed by Barb & Mary ofMe and My Sister DesignsIt's made from my fabric line Lilac Ridge.You can download the pattern by clicking hereand go to Barb & Mary's blog to see what they did with the block by clicking here.After a rather rough start we're pretty sure that all the links... Read more »
- Moda Blockheads 2, Block #1-Stellar Star by Lynne of Kansas TroublesTo see what Lynne did with her block click here and to download the pattern click here.Moda has also gotten together some Basic Instructions for usand you can see and read them by clicking here.I'm going to make the Blockheads 2 quilt out of Lilac Ridge which... Read more »
- It took awhile to get hereBut It's still May:)And this is Audra's Iris Garden.The iris came from my Grandmother Laird's garden.When we moved into our house in Kansas City Grandma Laird(Audra) brought some to our house and planted them.Years later when we moved my mother up to Cameron, we brought some of the Irisand planted... Read more »
- It's Still May but now it's Thursday.This is "Spring at Last" made out of Lilac Ridge. Appropriate title don't you think?I thought spring would never come this year.Anyway, you can get the pattern or a kit by clicking here.And believe it or not the 4th of July is on it's wayso I thought I would make Liberty... Read more »
- It's May and It's Wednesday.........And right now I'm proofing sell sheets which is NOT FUNbut necessary.Please come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about our latest Mini Quilt Club offering"Spring at Last" - (It will even be in the store by then),Our book that's on sale this monthand maybe a few other things.See you tomorrow.... Read more »
- Are we sure it's April??????It certainly doesn't feel like it's April here.But I refuse to give in to the gloominess.And in an attempt to coerce the weather, I'm putting up only cheerful, warm weather quiltswhich immediately brought "Sunny Days" to mind.I decided to make it my special this week and foundthat when we transferred everything... Read more »
- And it's Wednesday againBut will it ever be Spring????This is a picture I took of the brooder houses on Easter morning.(For those of you who don't raise chickens, brooder housesare where you put the just hatched chickens with special warming lightsspecial feed, etc.)They are covered with orchard netting that looks magical in thesnow... Read more »
- Wednesday 14 March -Almost St. Patricks Day!!!But first The winner of the Spring Tablestand Quilt is Chriswho said "Such a cute whimsical bunny and you can never go wrong with flowers"Thanks Chris and please email Tammie your snail mail information soshe can send your kit.And - at long last the last of the Blockheads Mini QuiltsTo... Read more »
- Beeskep Mini Quilt Winner, Tablestand and Sneek PeekOnce again, first things first.The winner of the Beeskep Mini QuiltisMarsha B who said "I love that beeskep block and the adorable hanger. Thanks for a chance at winning. Love all of your designs!" Thanks Marsha and please send Tammie (email@example.com) your snail mail info and she'll send out your kit.... Read more »