Debbie has always loved fabric and learned to sew garments at the age of nine. In 1982, she learned to quilt and it quickly became one of her passions. Soon she was designing patterns for quilts that look difficult to make but are really easy for beginners. Debbie’s designs use her ‘No Diamonds No “Y” Seams’ technique to make them very easy to piece. She publishes patterns under the name Calico Carriage Quilt Designs and is an internationally traveling teacher for quilt guilds and quilt shops. In 2005, she was invited to California to tape an episode of Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson for HGTV. In 2013 and again in 2015 Debbie was nominated for Teacher of the Year by the International Association of Professional Crafters. In 2014 Debbie taped her first online quilt class for Craftsy. Her quest for all things new has brought her to the world of fiber dyeing. She loves all kinds of dyeing from the ancient art of Indigo to the fun newer art of Ice Dye. In 2016 she is going to Japan for 10 days to further her study of Shibori and Indigo. Her adventures of traveling, teaching and meeting new people have been a dream come true.
- I am going back to Japan and I am taking 10 people with me.Let me know if you are interested. I just sent out a newsletter with all of the information in detail. You can read it here. Calico Carriage Quilt Designs Scroll down and click on Read our latest Newsletter. The short details are Two days in Tokyo to shop at flea markets and specialty shops.... Read more »
- And the winner is:I have lucky winner for my give away. Shibori gifts If you do not have a quilt shop in your area who carries my fabric, you can choose an online shop that carries it. Send me the information and I will purchase the gift certificate in your name. Another option is for... Read more »
- Trip to Florida / I was a studentI just took a wonderful trip to Florida where I was a student enjoying the learning process. I have a wonderful friend named Suzanne Conners who owns Aya Fiber Studio in Stuart, Florida. Her studio is located at the Fish House Art Center and looks out over the beautiful Florida waterfront. This was... Read more »
- Learn to make your own Shibori fabrics and week two of my Shibori excitement give away.I have been teaching Shibori and Indigo dyeing classes and I want to give you some dates and places where I will be teaching in the future. I am excited to be at Art Retreat on the Prairie in November. This is a fabulous event put on by Vivi Magoo.... Read more »
- The winner for the first week of my new fabric give awayThe first winner in my Shibori Celebration give away is: Lana Manis Lana send me an email with all of your contact information so I can send you a Junior Layer Cake of Shibori fabric. Shibori gifts I am going to start with new names next week, but I will keep the list from... Read more »
- My fabric is shipping! How about a giveaway?Lets have a giveaway to celebrate my new fabrics! Finally I can say it: “My fabric is shipping to a quilt shop near you”. I am very excited about this line of fabric because it is new and fresh. It works for contemporary and traditional quilts. It is also fabulous for home... Read more »