It all begins with fabric, doesn’t it? Corey married her husband Ryan in 1997 and shortly thereafter, her love affair with fabric began. She began purchasing fabric before she knew how to sew or had even touched a sewing machine. Realizing she needed an outlet for her growing fabric stash, she began making quilts – a natural choice as both her Mom and Dad’s sides of the family includes many quilt makers. She found she loved the process.
When Corey’s oldest daughter Chloe was born in 2005, her attention moved to clothing design and led to her building a business – Little Miss Shabby – focusing on appliquéd children’s clothing. After several years designing and selling her creations, her family grew with birth of her daughter Elonie in 2009. That’s when Corey because focusing on quilts, specifically on designing and creating her own original quilts.
The designs Corey creates and publishes for Coriander Quilts showcase her love for putting a modern twist on traditional block designs. She is a regular contributor to quilt magazines and books, and she is the author of Playful Petals. For a peek into Corey’s day-to-day quilt and sewing projects, be sure to visit her on Instagram where she is -corianderquilts. It’s where she shares all things quilty, as well as upcoming fabric collections and quilt patterns.
- Blockheads–Halfway PointCan you believe that we are at the halfway point of Blockheads round 2? It doesn’t hardly seem possible! This fall has been zipping by–and here we are at another Wednesday! Block #25 is brought to us by Lisa Bongean–visit her site for the pattern. It’s called Oshkosh Star and it’s such... Read more »
- Blockheads WednesdayHappy Wednesday Friends! I hope that you like piecing lots of little triangles because there are a lot of them on this weeks agenda! =) First Up, Block #23 by Jo Morton…visit her site for the pattern. For these two blocks, I went totally scrappy…I used all colors and lines. These are... Read more »
- Blockheads WednesdayGood Morning!–It’s time to share the next two Blockheads blocks. Have you guys been enjoying the two blocks a week? Today’s blocks are brought to you by Jan Patek and Laurie Simpson. First up, Block 21–now, the original block for this week is an applique block. And while, I love applique–I... Read more »
- Blockheads Wednesday & Giveaway winnerGood morning!–hope your week is off to a wonderful start. Today, I am sharing blocks 18-20 with you. I should have shared block #18 last week but it completely slipped my mind that it was a 3 block week. So, I’ve added it for this week. You will find the coloring... Read more »
- Fig Tree Block of the Month programsHappy Tuesday Friends! If you follow me on Instagram (this is where I post most frequently @corianderquilts) you may have seen me working on these adorable little blocks. They are part of the Fig Tree Woodland block of the month. The program has been sold out for several months but yesterday,... Read more »
- Moda All-Stars Merry Makers GiveawayWelcome back to a very Merry Giveaway! Notice: Comments are now closed & winner has been announced. I always love participating in the Moda All-Star books. I think the projects are always so cute and I am such a huge fan of all of the Moda Designer’s work. And Merry Makers is... Read more »
- Blockheads Wednesday!These two little blocks might be my favorite Blockheads blocks yet! Before I share my blockheads blocks for today, I wanted to share about an exciting giveaway happening over on the Martingale blog. And to tell you to swing back again here tomorrow for a fun giveaway right here. =) And now... Read more »
- Blockheads 2 in 1!Good Morning and happy Blockheads day! I am constantly amazed how quickly these weeks zip on by and before we know it, another Blockheads day has arrived. I am always getting my blocks done in just the nick of time so that I can share them with you on Wednesday! Beginning... Read more »
- Patchwork Flower Quilt BlockWelcome to my first Blockheads block for Round 2. It’s a little bit different than the other blocks so far…. I was asked to design a 6″ x 18″ finished block. It’s the first non-square block we’ve had. And I had so much fun designing it for you. You will find... Read more »