It all begins with fabric, doesn’t it? Corey married her husband Ryan in 1997 and shortly thereafter, her love affair with fabric began. She began purchasing fabric before she knew how to sew or had even touched a sewing machine. Realizing she needed an outlet for her growing fabric stash, she began making quilts – a natural choice as both her Mom and Dad’s sides of the family includes many quilt makers. She found she loved the process.
When Corey’s oldest daughter Chloe was born in 2005, her attention moved to clothing design and led to her building a business – Little Miss Shabby – focusing on appliquéd children’s clothing. After several years designing and selling her creations, her family grew with birth of her daughter Elonie in 2009. That’s when Corey because focusing on quilts, specifically on designing and creating her own original quilts.
The designs Corey creates and publishes for Coriander Quilts showcase her love for putting a modern twist on traditional block designs. She is a regular contributor to quilt magazines and books, and she is the author of Playful Petals. For a peek into Corey’s day-to-day quilt and sewing projects, be sure to visit her on Instagram where she is -corianderquilts. It’s where she shares all things quilty, as well as upcoming fabric collections and quilt patterns.
- Teaching LocallySunnyside Up Fabrics Good Morning & happy Friday! I just got back from Portland, Oregon this week from sharing my new fabric line, Sunnyside Up at International Quilt Market this past weekend. You can see a little peek at those fabrics above. I will be sharing more about them soon. I’ve been... Read more »
- Oh Scrap! Weekend GiveawayIt’s no secret that I love Scrap Quilts–In fact that little bundle of fabrics up there in all of it’s scrappy goodness was just made into a quilt this week. I love the fun of putting together different fabrics from different designers and collections and having them all play together in... Read more »
- Moda All Stars Mini Charm Quilts GiveawayWelcome Friends!–Today, we are celebrating the release of another wonderful Moda All-Stars compilation book. I love these Moda All-Stars books because they bring together so many different Moda designers and so many fun projects. The new Mini Charm Quilts book features quilts and projects specifically designed to use those adorable mini... Read more »
- Pepper & Flax Fabrics & PatternsHappy Wednesday everyone! Today, I thought I would take a little bit of time and talk about my newest line of fabric Pepper & Flax. This line comes out in April and features yellows, greys and a little bit of green. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I have been... Read more »
- It’s Pattern Time!I released so many new fun patterns with Flower Mill and today I’m giving you a brief overview of each of them. These are all available in my Etsy Shop in either Paper or PDF versions. I’ll start with Tulip Market–this has been a favorite pattern in this release for sure. Tulip... Read more »