It all begins with fabric, doesn’t it? Corey married her husband Ryan in 1997 and shortly thereafter, her love affair with fabric began. She began purchasing fabric before she knew how to sew or had even touched a sewing machine. Realizing she needed an outlet for her growing fabric stash, she began making quilts – a natural choice as both her Mom and Dad’s sides of the family includes many quilt makers. She found she loved the process.
When Corey’s oldest daughter Chloe was born in 2005, her attention moved to clothing design and led to her building a business – Little Miss Shabby – focusing on appliquéd children’s clothing. After several years designing and selling her creations, her family grew with birth of her daughter Elonie in 2009. That’s when Corey because focusing on quilts, specifically on designing and creating her own original quilts.
The designs Corey creates and publishes for Coriander Quilts showcase her love for putting a modern twist on traditional block designs. She is a regular contributor to quilt magazines and books, and she is the author of Playful Petals. For a peek into Corey’s day-to-day quilt and sewing projects, be sure to visit her on Instagram where she is -corianderquilts. It’s where she shares all things quilty, as well as upcoming fabric collections and quilt patterns.
- Last Blockheads Quilt Block & finished quiltToday is the last block for Round 2 of Blockheads and it’s my turn to share our final block. This is Scrappy Checkerboard and it is a 6″ block. I used Sunnyside Up and Pepper & Flax for my block. And here’s the link to the block pattern. As well… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads Block 51Welcome to another Blockheads week. =) This week our block is brought to us by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. You can find her Power Star block here. I always so look forward to Lisa’s blocks. She has the prettiest little piecing which I am always so drawn to. And,… Read more »
- Blockheads Wednesday and Book GiveawayWe have a couple different things on today’s agenda. First up, I’m so glad you are reading this today! My site had some trouble last week but hopefully all of the issues have been resolved. I am not certain what caused the glitch with last weeks post but things are… Read more »
- Blockheads Block #48Another Wednesday, another quilt block! Laurie Simpson has designed an applique quilt block for us for this week’s Block Heads block. You can find her applique version on her website. I’ve designed this Dainty Blossom quilt block for anyone who prefers not to applique. If you have never tried applique… Read more »
- Blockheads Block #47Good Morning Friends and Happy Wednesday Blockheads day. Today is Jan Patek’s block and she has designed a wonderful appliqued basket/bird block. To see her block and receive the free pattern, you will want to visit her site. Because I have opted not to include applique in my Blockheads Round… Read more »
- Blockheads Block #45This week’s Blockheads block is 12 Crowns brought to us by Betsy Chutchian. Betsy and I (along with Sherri/Chelsi and Beth of One Canoe Two) showed our first lines at the same quilt market. I have really enjoyed getting to know Betsy–she’s just as sweet as can be. For the… Read more »
- Blockheads Block #44Happy Blockheads Day! Just a quick post this morning and a snowy block picture =). I love this weeks block. It’s called Candy Striper designed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. Find the free block pattern here. I used a rainbow of colors from Strawberry Jam, Sunnyside Up, Pepper &… Read more »
- Blockheads #2 Block #43Today’s Moda Blockheads block is brought to us by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic. I don’t know if you have been following along with Brigitte’s block progress but, her blocks are some of my favorites. If you haven’t looked at her blocks, make sure you poke around a bit on… Read more »