It all begins with fabric, doesn’t it? Corey married her husband Ryan in 1997 and shortly thereafter, her love affair with fabric began. She began purchasing fabric before she knew how to sew or had even touched a sewing machine. Realizing she needed an outlet for her growing fabric stash, she began making quilts – a natural choice as both her Mom and Dad’s sides of the family includes many quilt makers. She found she loved the process.
When Corey’s oldest daughter Chloe was born in 2005, her attention moved to clothing design and led to her building a business – Little Miss Shabby – focusing on appliquéd children’s clothing. After several years designing and selling her creations, her family grew with birth of her daughter Elonie in 2009. That’s when Corey because focusing on quilts, specifically on designing and creating her own original quilts.
The designs Corey creates and publishes for Coriander Quilts showcase her love for putting a modern twist on traditional block designs. She is a regular contributor to quilt magazines and books, and she is the author of Playful Petals. For a peek into Corey’s day-to-day quilt and sewing projects, be sure to visit her on Instagram where she is -corianderquilts. It’s where she shares all things quilty, as well as upcoming fabric collections and quilt patterns.
- Sunday Best Sampler Quilt AlongSunday Best Sampler in Sugarcreek Happy Monday Friends! It has been a whirl wind of a summer and I fear it is slipping away from me far too quickly. But, with the end of summer comes something fun Sherri McConnell and I have cooked up featuring our new book,… Read more »
- Sugarcreek Quilt Patterns Part 2Today it’s time to share the quilts made with just the Sugarcreek Wovens fabric. I have been buying woven fabric for years. And I bet a lot of you have too if you have been making quilts for a while…do you have any homespuns in your fabric collection? They would… Read more »
- Sugarcreek Quilt Patterns Part 1Good Morning!–Today I am going to start introducing you to the new Sugarcreek quilt patterns. I am going to share them with you in three parts. First the quilts made from the Sugarcreek Prints, then the quilts made using the Sugarcreek wovens and lastly, the quilts made using both. First… Read more »
- Sugarcreek FabricSugarcreek Prints & Wovens Welcome back friends. Today, I am going to be sharing with you my new fabric line for Moda Fabrics,Sugarcreek. If you have been following me on Instagram, you have seen these pictures popping up over the last couple weeks. I realize that not everyone is on… Read more »
- Last Blockheads Quilt Block & finished quiltToday is the last block for Round 2 of Blockheads and it’s my turn to share our final block. This is Scrappy Checkerboard and it is a 6″ block. I used Sunnyside Up and Pepper & Flax for my block. And here’s the link to the block pattern. As well… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads Block 51Welcome to another Blockheads week. =) This week our block is brought to us by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. You can find her Power Star block here. I always so look forward to Lisa’s blocks. She has the prettiest little piecing which I am always so drawn to. And,… Read more »
- Blockheads Wednesday and Book GiveawayWe have a couple different things on today’s agenda. First up, I’m so glad you are reading this today! My site had some trouble last week but hopefully all of the issues have been resolved. I am not certain what caused the glitch with last weeks post but things are… Read more »