Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Are you sewing this weekend?Design Contest If you’re sewing this weekend make sure you include a stocking for our design contest. Just look at these entries from week one in our 12 Designers, 12 Months, 12 Contests! Aren’t these little stockings cute? We’ve even had 3 children enter their stockings! If they can do... Read more »
- 12 contests, 12 designers, 12 monthsThere will be 3 winners, some great prizes and a chance to be featured in my new mystery quilt that starts in July! All you have to do is to add a little “something” to my stocking pattern! You can design something to go on the stocking, in the stocking, or next... Read more »
- Sugar Plum ChristmasI’ve been waiting for almost a year (that’s how long it takes for fabric to get from the design board to the bolt) and the Sugar Plum Christmas bolts have finally shipped from Moda! Your local quilt shop should have it very soon! UPS is also delivering boxes of fabric... Read more »
- Three WeeksI have just spent the most incredible three weeks with these two little girls! Both speak English and German (yes, even Maya who is only 2). We baked chocolate chip cookies, colored pictures, played Candy Land, went for walks, picked roses and played with every toy I have. So... Read more »
- Humming-Bird BabiesI’ve had guests this year in the tree outside my studio window. A mother humming-bird has built a nest! She’s been the perfect guest, going to bed at dusk and not starting her day before dawn. Never complaining when we had torrents of rain and winds strong enough to blow over our fence.... Read more »
- Moda Catalog March 2017I LOVE to see the new Moda catalogs and I bet you do too. Here’s the latest pre-market catalog from Moda, hot off the press! They have some of the cutest fabric lines ever in this issue, and they’re introducing a new designer, Annie Brady! Welcome to Moda Annie Brady! Click... Read more »