Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- stocking treats block threeBlock Three, Christmas Penguin! Block Three We have a simple block this week, so you should be able to finish quickly. The embroidery is easy and only requires a back stitch and satin stitch. The penguin’s eyes are small and can easily satin stitched without outlining first. The mouth... Read more »
- stocking treats block twoBlock #2 Sugar Plum Stocking Treats! Wish on a star, and you just might find one in your Christmas stocking! And of course who wouldn’t love to find this sweet little owl standing next to that stocking? She’s wishing on a star, and wearing her Santa hat at the same... Read more »
- Stocking Treats Block One!Welcome to Block #1 of Sugar Plum Stocking Treats! Could you ever have dreamed Santa would leave you a kitty in your stocking? Well, your dream has come true, there’s a cute kitty just waiting for you! She’s decked out with antlers, pink ornament buttons, and a shiny red nose! Merry... Read more »
- we have winners!I wish I could make everyone who entered the Moda/Bunny Hill contest a winner! There were so many cute stockings it was really hard to choose! And because there were so many great entries I added four runner-ups for a total of seven winners! I’ll be shipping prizes out all week!... Read more »
- Sugar Plum Stocking TreatsIf you’re sitting around with not much to do this afternoon, hop on over to my website and click on the “free” pattern page! What is Sugar Plum Stocking Treats you ask? It’s one of those applique quilts that I occasionally design as a free pattern! But this time, instead of it... Read more »
- Are you sewing this weekend?Design Contest If you’re sewing this weekend make sure you include a stocking for our design contest. Just look at these entries from week one in our 12 Designers, 12 Months, 12 Contests! Aren’t these little stockings cute? We’ve even had 3 children enter their stockings! If they can do... Read more »
- 12 contests, 12 designers, 12 monthsThere will be 3 winners, some great prizes and a chance to be featured in my new mystery quilt that starts in July! All you have to do is to add a little “something” to my stocking pattern! You can design something to go on the stocking, in the stocking, or next... Read more »
- Sugar Plum ChristmasI’ve been waiting for almost a year (that’s how long it takes for fabric to get from the design board to the bolt) and the Sugar Plum Christmas bolts have finally shipped from Moda! Your local quilt shop should have it very soon! UPS is also delivering boxes of fabric... Read more »
- Three WeeksI have just spent the most incredible three weeks with these two little girls! Both speak English and German (yes, even Maya who is only 2). We baked chocolate chip cookies, colored pictures, played Candy Land, went for walks, picked roses and played with every toy I have. So... Read more »