Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Cleaning BugI hate cluttered websites, and I feel like mine is getting there. It’s true I usually go through this decluttering need right before quilt market, but I don’t think I’ve ever had it this bad. This urge to declutter is overwhelming so Sunday I jumped in and got started! I know... Read more »
- 101 Maple StreetBlend shades of persimmon, bronze, charcoal, and gold, then mix with cream and aqua and you’ll have Fall fabrics Bunny Hill style! Welcome to 101 Maple Street! Mix them all up, add in some Moda basics and you’ve got 101 Maple Street my newest applique quilt! We got the advance... Read more »
- sewing from the little traveller bookIt’s been such a joy to stitch these little characters from Simone Gooding’s new book Little Traveller. The book is delightful, and sewing with wool felt is pure fun! Here’s my version of “Twig,” the squirrel. The book will also show you how to knit some cute accessories, but for... Read more »
- ta da! announcing the mini charm winnersWhen Moda sends me sample yardage to make my quilts, they also include several mini charms, a layer cake, a fat quarter bundle and a fat eighth bundle. One of the first things I do when my fabric arrives is to open up a mini charm pack and tape each fabric square onto... Read more »
- Mini Charm QuiltsThe Moda All-Stars are back with a new book, and I’m so excited! First, because I’m obsessed with Moda Mini Charms and second because the royalties for this book will be donated to LCC K-9 Comfort Dogs ! Imagine, an organization that trains dogs to visit disaster locations, community events and... Read more »
- Peeps help me designYesterday my husband bought me my favorite Easter treat! PEEPS! Two packages of yellow chicks. I consumed one box right away, I just couldn’t help myself. I’m trying to have control with the other package, make myself eat only one at a time, ok two at a time, but at... Read more »
- Make a List for 2018!Chelsea and I each made a bucket list back in 2011, and I found a copy of it today. Six years later and we haven’t completed much on our list. Chelsea’s still waiting for her pink convertible, and I’m still trying to organize my photos. The beautiful thing about this list... Read more »