Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Some fun wool appliqueI love wool applique, and I love Lisa from Primitive Gatherings even more! When she offered to put together a collection of wool for my 101 Maple Street fabric line, I said yes, yes, yes! Just look at this yummy wool! Have you ever seen such a perfectly co-ordinated bundle? ... Read more »
- Lucy’s Stitched HugsThere’s a 10-year-old girl in Washington who’s touching so many people with her kindness and generosity I thought you might enjoy reading about her. Her name is Lucy and she calls her project Lucy’s Stitched Hugs. Lucy’s mom recently wrote to me to tell me about Lucy: “My daughter Lucy... Read more »
- Jelly Beans in red, white and blueCelebrate Memorial Day with my Jelly Beans sheep in red and blue! It’s my Jelly Beans Mini Quilt using red, white and blue Cottontail Cottage fabrics. Wouldn’t it be fun to make this mini quilt to celebrate every USA holiday? (Get more creative and piece the center sheep in red... Read more »
- Chelsea and the red chairThe one thing I wasn’t prepared for after losing Milkshake was how it would affect my Chelsea dog. It’s been hard to watch. She’s depressed, I have no doubt about it. On our walks to the park, she just sniffs the air and looks around. I know she’s looking for her... Read more »
- Put 101 Maple Street on your calendar for AugustTomorrow (May 1) is the last day to pre-order your 101 Maple Street quilt kit! I have to get kit orders into Moda, and of course, I’ll order some extra, but there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to get one if you don’t pre-order. Join in the fun of making this... Read more »
- 101 Maple StreetBlend shades of persimmon, bronze, charcoal, and gold, then mix with cream and aqua and you’ll have Fall fabrics Bunny Hill style! Welcome to 101 Maple Street! Mix them all up, add in some Moda basics and you’ve got 101 Maple Street my newest applique quilt! We got the advance... Read more »
- sewing from the little traveller bookIt’s been such a joy to stitch these little characters from Simone Gooding’s new book Little Traveller. The book is delightful, and sewing with wool felt is pure fun! Here’s my version of “Twig,” the squirrel. The book will also show you how to knit some cute accessories, but for... Read more »