Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Welcome “Peanut” SuttonIt’s been almost 6 months since I said goodbye to Milkshake and I haven’t thought about getting another dog until last month. Chelsea and our Tweety cat have become good friends, and Tweety spends a lot of time giving Chelsea “head butts.” But Tweety can’t go on walks or car... Read more »
- Let’s Make 101 Maple Street!I was visiting Lori Holt’s blog and saw how she walks you through each of her quilt blocks. It really seems helpful and I’m not sure why I never thought of doing this myself. I’ve put it in my memory banks for my next block of the month. Right now I’m waiting on... Read more »
- Moda does it best!Moda does it best! I love designing fabrics for them, and every time a new Bunny Hill line ships from Moda I get excited. There’s nothing like seeing bolts and pre-cuts arrive at my door. 101 Maple Street is finally here, and our website is filled with bundles, charm packs,... Read more »
- Vintage Brick MoldThought I’d share my latest purchase with you, a vintage brick mold that I found while shopping at Terrain. If you haven’t been to one of their stores or browsed their website, you’re in for a treat! It’s my favorite place to shop for gardening, decorating, terrariums, and so much more. Terrain... Read more »
- Some fun wool appliqueI love wool applique, and I love Lisa from Primitive Gatherings even more! When she offered to put together a collection of wool for my 101 Maple Street fabric line, I said yes, yes, yes! Just look at this yummy wool! Have you ever seen such a perfectly co-ordinated bundle? ... Read more »
- Lucy’s Stitched HugsThere’s a 10-year-old girl in Washington who’s touching so many people with her kindness and generosity I thought you might enjoy reading about her. Her name is Lucy and she calls her project Lucy’s Stitched Hugs. Lucy’s mom recently wrote to me to tell me about Lucy: “My daughter Lucy... Read more »
- Jelly Beans in red, white and blueCelebrate Memorial Day with my Jelly Beans sheep in red and blue! It’s my Jelly Beans Mini Quilt using red, white and blue Cottontail Cottage fabrics. Wouldn’t it be fun to make this mini quilt to celebrate every USA holiday? (Get more creative and piece the center sheep in red... Read more »