Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Our January Sale!Happy New Year! I don’t know about you, but I always take some time the first week of January to clean out and re-distribute. It feels so good to go through things and think about what I might need for future projects and what can be donated. My studio can quickly become a mess after… Read more »
- The night before christmasTwas the night before Christmas and all through the house… Not a creature was stirring… Wait, what? Does she really think we’ll fall for that old story again? She can’t really believe we’re not going to wake up when Santa comes! I’ve been here the longest and I’m telling… Read more »
- It’s Pre-Order Time!You can pre-order kits through December 31st! I want to make sure 2019 is filled with fun projects for you, so join me with Merry Merry Snow Days, Moda’s newest quilt kit. We’re taking pre-orders now! One of the beautiful Merry Merry Snow Days kits from Moda could be in your… Read more »
- Did you know llamas can ski?Did you know that llamas can ski? It’s true! They have wonderful balance because of their midsection and skinny legs. They can ice-skate too, and when they hit the slopes with their snowman friends it becomes a magical event! Welcome to Merry Merry Snow Days, my newest block of the… Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow DaysI love snowmen almost as much as I love Christmas and my newest fabric line for Moda, Merry Merry Snow Days, is the perfect combination of both. The colors are traditional Christmas, and the tiny prints are made for fussy cutting. I hope you love this line as much as I… Read more »
- Welcome “Peanut” SuttonIt’s been almost 6 months since I said goodbye to Milkshake and I haven’t thought about getting another dog until last month. Chelsea and our Tweety cat have become good friends, and Tweety spends a lot of time giving Chelsea “head butts.” But Tweety can’t go on walks or car… Read more »
- Let’s Make 101 Maple Street!I was visiting Lori Holt’s blog and saw how she walks you through each of her quilt blocks. It really seems helpful and I’m not sure why I never thought of doing this myself. I’ve put it in my memory banks for my next block of the month. Right now I’m waiting on… Read more »
- Moda does it best!Moda does it best! I love designing fabrics for them, and every time a new Bunny Hill line ships from Moda I get excited. There’s nothing like seeing bolts and pre-cuts arrive at my door. 101 Maple Street is finally here, and our website is filled with bundles, charm packs,… Read more »