Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Humming-Bird BabiesI’ve had guests this year in the tree outside my studio window. A mother humming-bird has built a nest! She’s been the perfect guest, going to bed at dusk and not starting her day before dawn. Never complaining when we had torrents of rain and winds strong enough to blow over our fence.... Read more »
- Moda Catalog March 2017I LOVE to see the new Moda catalogs and I bet you do too. Here’s the latest pre-market catalog from Moda, hot off the press! They have some of the cutest fabric lines ever in this issue, and they’re introducing a new designer, Annie Brady! Welcome to Moda Annie Brady! Click... Read more »
- In My Studio NowI have some of my favorite fabrics on my studio shelves now. They are calling my name, waiting for samples to be made. It’s Lily & Will Revisited in pink, gray and Bunny Hill Blue. Pretty in pink, Beautiful in blue, Elegant in gray, Put them all together and it’s a Lily... Read more »
- Applique All Day with The Fat Quarter Shop!The best way to learn how to applique is to start with an easy block and jump right in! The Fat Quarter Shop’s made that “sew” easy for you! They carry all the applique tools, Aurifil 80wt. applique thread and of course hundreds of fabrics to choose from. Today you’ll find... Read more »
- Happy New Year Everyone!I love doing a giveaway, especially to start a New Year! Just imagine, some Sugar Plum Christmas could be coming your way before it even ships to the stores! Are you ready for the winners of the New Year’s giveaway? If you see your name below, you’ve got a goodie coming... Read more »