Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Cake and Cupcakes Blog hopWelcome to the Moda All-Stars Mix-it-up blog hop! The Moda All-Stars have been sewing away with cake and cupcakes, and it’s so much fun! When Martingale asked us to create a quilt using either Cake or Cupcake papers, I didn’t hesitate. I love these papers! They make piecing a quilt… Read more »
- Block Ten Merry Merry Snow DaysWelcome to the final block of Merry Merry Snow Days! It should feel so good to have this quilt almost complete, and you’ll have time to get it quilted for the holiday season! We’re off to the races, and our llama is ready! He’s registered for the race and wearing… Read more »
- Updates and tidbitsIt’s time for some updates and tidbits! Snow Happy Hearts, Eleven and Twelve My last two ornaments are ready for you! If you’ve been sewing along, you’ll have a set of twelve after you finish! You’ll find the pattern for each one under “FREE” on my blog and website. If… Read more »
- Subaru National Adopt A Dog DayThere’s so much excitement at my house today! Chelsea and Peanut watch all the Subaru ads, and they know today is their day! It’s Subaru’s National Adopt A Dog Day, and they are both adopted! If I owned a Subaru, I’d drive them to Petco with streamers and banners on… Read more »
- Mix it Up with Martingale and Moda!It’s time for another Moda All-Stars book! This time we’re sewing with Moda Cake Mixes and Cupcake Mixes! It doesn’t get any sweeter than this! I love sewing with these papers because they ensure you’ll have perfect piecing. Just look at all the triangles and corners on the cover of… Read more »
- Block Eight Merry Merry Snow DaysYou’ve had some extra time to catch up on Merry Merry Snowmen between blocks seven and eight. I’m sure you all took advantage of it right? If not, the good news is that this is an easy block! Hopefully, you have enough of this quilt done to sew some rows… Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow Days Block SevenWelcome to block seven of Merry Merry Snow Days! Llamas ski free today and they are excited! They’ve already spent money renting skates, so a freebie is great. The line is sure to get long as the day goes on, but this little girl arrived early, and she’s first. We’re… Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow Days Block SixAre you ready for Merry Merry Snow Days, Block Six? You don’t think I’d forget about your sweet tooth, do you?. I’ve got a sweet tooth that never quits, so get on board the sweet train with me! It’s filled with candy and marshmallows for your hot chocolate. Of course,… Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow Days Block FiveWith block five we are officially half-way through our quilt! It’s time for sledding school! Those snowmen are really crowded on the sled, but the snow angel instructor is too sweet to make one of them get off. So here we go, are you ready? We’re starting with the… Read more »