Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Merry Merry Snow Days Block FiveWith block five we are officially half-way through our quilt! It’s time for sledding school! Those snowmen are really crowded on the sled, but the snow angel instructor is too sweet to make one of them get off. So here we go, are you ready? We’re starting with the… Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow Days, Block FourIf you’re still embroidering skate runners from block number three, don’t worry! Block Four will go faster than the others, and you’ll have time to catch up. Remember all the 1/4″ bias you made for llama legs? It’s going to make your applique life much easier in block number four. … Read more »
- Merry Merry Snow Days Block Two, part oneI took more pictures of this block than any other. It has the most “parts,” and I thought if I could get you through this block, you’d be home free! Here’s the beautiful photo that was taken by my photographer Gregory Case. See the snowmen on the right? He’s so… Read more »
- Snow Happy OrnamentsIf you read my newsletter yesterday, you already know the answer to this question: What can you do with a package of this Merino Wool Felt and a Merry Merry Snow Days charm pack? You can turn them into Snow Happy Ornaments! Snow Happy Ornaments General Instructions Snow Happy Ornament… Read more »
- It’s a sale weekendWe’re celebrating this weekend. Check our sale section to see our specials. All 101 Maple Street fabrics and patterns are 50% off through Monday. https://bunnyhilldesigns.com/sale.html This is the time to buy a few fall patterns or 101 Maple Street fabrics! Once the fabric is gone it won’t come again. The Foxly… Read more »