Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Christmas Mini Quilt TutorialHello and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing the second tutorial in my Christmas in July series! I loved making this Christmas mini quilt and hope you enjoy it as well! This little project makes a perfect mini and would also be great as a small pillow. You could even add... Read more »
- Easy Charm Pack Placemat TutorialHello and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing an easy charm pack placemat tutorial I did a couple of years ago while filming for Fat Quarter Shop. My friends at Fat Quarter Shop are going back to some of their favorite projects and re-making them in new fabrics right now! So…I... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 7Hello and happy Wednesday! It’s Moda Block Heads 2 Block 7 release day! Are you sewing along? I’ve been seeing a lot of fun blocks in different fabric combinations on social media. We’re definitely moving right along with this quilt along! I feel like one block a week is definitely... Read more »
- Easy Zipper Tab Pull TutorialHello and happy Tuesday! Today I’m sharing my easy zipper tab pull tutorial. I love embellishing zippers by adding fabric pulls on the bags and zippered pouches and projects I make. It’s a nice way to add a finishing touch, and it also makes it easier to open the zipper! ... Read more »
- Aurifil July 2018 Block of the Month & ContestHello and happy Monday! Today I’m excited to share the Aurifil July 2018 Block of the Month! I was honored to be asked to participate in this fun program this year! My month to share has finally arrived! Pat always chooses a fun theme for the blocks each year, and... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Fun Inspiration for Quilters | 33Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to my Saturday Seven Fun Inspiration for Quilters post number 33! I really do have a lot of fun with these posts. And thank you so much for all of the kind feedback and ideas! We are going to be past the midpoint of summer... Read more »
- Christmas Table Runner Tutorial Part 2Hello and happy Friday! Welcome to part two of the Christmas Table Runner tutorial I shared last Friday. In last week’s posts I gave directions for the star blocks and for cutting out the rest of the pieces needed for the runner. This week, you’ll be able to quickly put... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 6Hello and happy Wednesday! It’s Moda Block Heads day, and today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 6! I know I say this every week, but this one is another favorite! I have so much fun making these blocks each week! I’m staying caught up (and actually I’m a... Read more »
- Christmas in July Projects & IdeasHello and happy Tuesday! Today is our Minis and More parade day where we are sharing Christmas in July projects and ideas! We decided that since summer is often so busy that a free-choice Christmas project might be just the ticket for this month’s parade! We have had a couple... Read more »
- Quilt Tips: Easy Folded CornersHappy Monday! Today I’m sharing a technique tip with the extra bonus of video material. Easy Folded Corners are sometimes called “simple folded corners” or “sew and flip corners.” (There might even be a few more names out there for this method of block construction). I’ve actually referred to... Read more »