Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Gift Ideas for Retreats & Quilting FriendsHello and happy Friday! I hope your week has gone well and that your weekend will soon be off to a terrific start! Today I’m sharing some great gift ideas for retreats & quilting friends. This is something I’ve struggled with over the years. It seems I’m always trying to... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 19 & 20Hello and happy Wednesday! And welcome to another Wednesday Moda Block Heads post! This week I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 19 & 20. We are still on the two-block-per-week schedule, and since they are small blocks they go together quickly! This week’s blocks are by Betsy Chutchian and... Read more »
- Barn Quilt Blocks Update & Sew SamplerHello and happy Monday! I hope you had a terrific weekend! I finally got to do a little sewing this weekend, and first on my list was to catch up with a few blocks for works in progress. Today I’ll be sharing my barn quilt blocks update! I’m making the... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration For Quilters 42Hello and happy Saturday! It seems like September just arrived and yet we are half-way through the month! Welcome to my Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 42 post where I share fun things for quilters I’ve found around the web! I have a good mix to share today; I’m hoping... Read more »
- Moda Merry Makers Patchwork Quilts & ProjectsHello and happy Friday! I’m excited today to share a little bit more about the Moda Merry Makers Patchwork Quilts and Projects book! I have a lap quilt included in the book and could hardly wait to see what the other Moda designers came up with for this publication! As... Read more »
- Hearts at Home Jelly Roll Quilt PatternHello and happy almost the weekend! This week has sure been a busy one, and I am definitely ready for a little slower pace! I’m happy to say that the Walkabout pattern orders have all been shipped. And just as I got caught up with pattern shipping, my Clover Hollow... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 16 – 17 – 18Hello and happy Wednesday! Welcome to Moda Block Heads day! Today I’m sharing the Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 16 – 17 – 18! These are three fun blocks that are really fast and fun to stitch! Block 16 is the Texas Puzzle block by Carrie Nelson. Block 17 is... Read more »
- Mystery Block of the Month September 2018Hello and happy Tuesday! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Mystery Block of the Month September 2018 blocks. I usually try to post the new patterns earlier in the month, but our new collection started showing to shops at the same time! Needless to say, things have been busier than... Read more »
- North Shore Fat Eighth Quilt PatternHello and happy Monday! Today I get to introduce another new quilt with our Walkabout fabric collection! I’m happy to be sharing the North Shore fat eighth quilt pattern designed by my daughter Chelsi! This is the first of two quilts she designed that I’ll be sharing, and it’s a... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 41Hello and happy Saturday! Thank you so much for following along with all of my posting recently! (I felt like each of the new quilts needed their own posts)! I’ll be getting back to my more regular schedule of blogging now: I try to post at least three days during... Read more »