Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 55Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 55 post. There are just ten days left before Christmas, and those days are going to go by pretty quickly. I’m hoping you can slow down for just a little bit this weekend and get some great ideas... Read more »
- 2018 Mystery Block of the Month Finishing InstructionsHello and happy Friday! Today I’m happy to be able to share with you the information for my 2018 Mystery Block of the Month finishing instructions! This has been a really fun project for me. I can’t believe I’ll have three quilts out of it as well. I’m actually working... Read more »
- 11 Favorite Christmas Quilts to Make & LoveHello and happy Tuesday! Today I’m sharing 11 Favorite Christmas Quilts to Make & Love. This is a collection of quilts either made by me or by my daughter. In fact, three of them are being quilted right now! I have links to each pattern or book, and three of... Read more »
- Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt – Free Quilt PatternHello and happy Monday! Today I’m sharing a little bit about a new free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop, the Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt! I’ve started making blocks for my quilt using Swell Christmas. And I hope to get it finished up as soon as possible! The blocks are... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 54Hello and happy Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by for the Saturday Seven! I hope you’ve had a great week and that your weekend is off to a terrific start! I hope you’ll enjoy your time here today–I really have a lot of fun collecting these things to... Read more »
- Mystery Block of the Month December 2018Hello and happy Friday! Today I’m excited to be able to share the Quilting Life Mystery Block of the Month December 2018 block patterns. It was so much fun taking photos yesterday of my blocks. And now that I have all of the blocks, I’m super anxious to get them... Read more »
- Accuquilt Go! Ultimate Fabric Cutting SystemHello and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing a product review of the Accuquilt Go! Ultimate Fabric Cutting System. While I was recently sent this terrific new product by the folks at Accuquilt, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. And I do love the Accuquilt Go! system... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 34Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 34. This week there are two different block options. The first one is the beautiful Basket and Vine block by Jan Patek. And the other option is a pieced basket block by Corey Yoder. I made Corey’s block... Read more »
- Stitched with Love Mini QuiltHello and happy Tuesday! November was a busier than normal month for me (and I’m guessing for many of you). Those of us in the US had the Thanksgiving holiday a bit early this year which resulted in an earlier than normal movement into all things Christmas and holidays... Read more »