Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 69Hello and happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start! On Thursday I cut out several projects that need to be finished as soon as possible, and so now I have lots of project boards stacked with things to sew. For me, that’s a really good… Read more »
- Sew Your Stash 2019 | 11Hello and happy Friday! And happy spring…(or fall depending on whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere). We’ve had a beautiful beginning to our spring here in the desert southwest with some lovely gentle rain through the evening last night. (That means there is a lot of yard… Read more »
- The Lily Quilt Fat Eighth QuiltHello, today I’m sharing The Lily Quilt Fat Eighth quilt with you. This is the largest of all of my new quilt patterns, finishing at 83″ x 83″. It’s absolutely beautiful, and even more stunning that I thought it would be. I initially designed the blocks to be a bit… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 49Hello and happy Wednesday. Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 block 49 which is the Cups and Saucers block by Jo Morton. Since this week is Jo’s block, that means I get to share my final block next week. It’s kind of bittersweet, actually. I’ve had so much fun… Read more »
- Family Farm Fat Eighth QuiltHello and happy Tuesday! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments about our new Harper’s Garden fabric collection and the new Harper’s Garden quilt patterns. We’re very happy with this group, and have even more ideas for quilts and projects with this fabric. But first, I have… Read more »
- Vintage Charm Fat Eighth QuiltHello and happy Monday! Today I’m sharing my third new quilt from our Harper’s Garden fabric collection. This design had been in my sketch book since I saw an antique quilt with the setting. The antique version had open centers, but I thought it would be so much fun to… Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 68Hello and happy Saturday! And, happy Worldwide Quilting Day–we should all make sure we get just a little bit (or a lot) of quilting in today. Thank you so much for stopping by for my Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 68 post. On Saturdays I share things from around the… Read more »
- Weekender Honeybun & Charm QuiltHello and happy Friday! Today I’m happy to share the second of my new Harper’s Garden quilt patterns. The Weekender Honeybun & Charm quilt is a fast and fun pre-cut and scrap friendly quilt that you really can make in a weekend. Moda Fabrics is also going to be kitting… Read more »
- Summer Shores Fat Quarter QuiltHello! Today I’m sharing my Summer Shores Fat Quarter Quilt and pattern. This is the first of the new quilts I’ll be sharing from the upcoming Harper’s Garden collection. Make this quilt with your favorite fat quarter bundle, or choose fat quarters from your stash. The Summer Shores Fat Quarter… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48Hello and happy Wednesday! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments about our new Harper’s Garden fabric collection. I’ll be sharing more soon! Today, though, I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48. This week’s block is the beautiful Ann Arbor block by Laurie Simpson. Since it… Read more »