Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- The Saturday Seven | 8Happy Saturday! If you are new here, I post fun finds and interesting things mostly related to quilting each Saturday. Of course I often add something fun to read, fun to cook, and fun for the home! Enjoy...My final quilt top finish for 2017 came home from the quilter this... Read more »
- Quilting Life 2018 BOMHappy Friday! Today is the first post in my 2018 Mystery Block of the Month series. The series will run very similar to last year's. I'll post a block each month around the 20th. There will be twelve blocks this year; however, this year's block will just be presented in... Read more »
- Valentines Pillow TutorialHello and happy Thursday! Last year I made a super cute Valentine's pillow and wanted to make a companion pillow for it; however, things got really busy right before the holiday, and the left-over fabrics were put away in a bin.Thankfully I was able to find my left over... Read more »
- Work in Progress WednesdayHello and happy Wednesday! It's work in progress day! Yesterday I shared a bigger finish I had over the weekend, and today I'll share some of the smaller finishes...along with some soon to be works in progress!Last weekend my daughter Chelsi and I were able to do a fun weekend... Read more »
- Quilt Works in ProgressHello and happy Wednesday friends! I finished up going through my works in progress, listing them, and doing some thinking about my first quarter goals for 2018. It feels so good to have done this, and most importantly to have written it down! I feel ready to start making some... Read more »
- Jelly Roll Quilts...and More!Hello and happy Tuesday! Today the Spring 2018 issue of Quilts and More magazine hits newsstands! And I'm pretty excited about it for a few different reasons! Used with permission from Quilts and More™ magazine. ©2018 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.I have a fun jelly roll quilt included in this issue... Read more »