Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- More Sewing Room Organization Hacks: Answers to YOUR QuestionsHello and happy Wednesday! After last week’s post on Sewing Room Organization Hacks I received a lot of great feedback and also received some great questions. Today I’m providing my best answers to those questions. As always, if you have thoughts or ideas, please feel free to share them in… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 99 Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday! If you are new here, the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 99 is a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! 1. Quilty Things I love when Barbara Brackman shares her seasonal round ups of quilt museum shows. Find… Read more »
- Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 4Hello and happy Friday and welcome to the Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 4 post. This week’s block is the Driftwood Drive block from my quilt by the same name in our book. This is a fun block that we know you’ll enjoy making! Block 4: Driftwood Drive Block 4… Read more »
- Blue & White Quilts BookHello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m super excited to share some of the fabulous quilts from the upcoming Blue & White Quilts book. This compilation book includes 13 stunning quilts mixed with beautiful photography. I feel blessed to have been able to contribute a quilt to this book and was… Read more »
- Works in Progress | Fourth Quarter Quilting GoalsHello and happy Tuesday! I can hardly believe we are half-way into October…crazy how quickly this month has already flown by! I realized it was definitely time for me to think about my works in progress and setting my fourth quarter quilting goals. There are so many things I want… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 98 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday! The Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 98 is a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! 1. Sewing Room Organization Did you see this week’s Sewing Room Organization post? I finally got some good uninterrupted time this week to… Read more »
- Quilting Life Block of the Month | October 2019Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Block of the Month | October 2019 blocks. This months blocks are number 20 and 21 which means we just have four blocks left for our quilts. My plan is to get at least one of my quilts finished and… Read more »
- 10 Sewing Room Organization Hacks and IdeasHello! Thanks so much for stopping by! Today I’m going to talk about sewing room organization hacks. While I’ve written about this general topic before, I’ve had some real-life experience with it lately. We moved late this summer, and of course the most important room for me to organize right… Read more »
- Happy Little Things Block 3 | Free Block of the MonthHello and happy Monday! Today is pattern release day for the Happy Little Things Block 3 Free Block of the Month. Jacquelynne is sharing the introduction, cutting instructions for the entire quilt, and the block 3 instructions. And what is even more fun is that this month’s giveaway is a… Read more »