Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Fantastic Black Friday Sales for QuiltersHello! I know you've probably been bombarded with sales information for this weekend...I just have to let you know about some of the amazing sales I've found for quilters (including a discount code for my shop at the end of the post)!Fat Quarter Shop will be having a big Black... Read more »
- Christmas Quilt FinishHello and happy Tuesday! Today I have a quilt finish to share...my Jolly Bar Jazz quilt came back from the quilter! I love the fun Modern Loops pattern with this design and had a lot of fun seeing it all come together with the red binding!This quilt really went together... Read more »
- Favorites | New Quilting FindsHello and happy Monday! This is going to be a crazy busy week with Thanksgiving less than three days away! I'm hoping to finish up my grocery shopping today and be able to stay in, prepare...and keep working on my sewing projects until the big day!While at International Quilt Market... Read more »
- Christmas Tree Quilt BlocksHello! For quite a while now I've been wanting to make a Christmas tree quilt--there--have been lots of fun ones I've seen on blogs and on Instagram providing plenty of inspiration to get started. Because I needed to make some Christmas tree blocks for a bee I've been participating in... Read more »
- Blue and Cream Quilt UpdateHello and happy Thursday! While my main quilting goal before the end of the month is to finish up my Christmas log cabins...I've also been trying to work on my on-going blue and cream quilt as I can. Just last week I was gifted some amazing blues and creams from... Read more »
- Patchwork Quilt AlongHello! Welcome to Patchwork Quilt Along Day! This month's block is called "Spinning Tops," and it was a fun one to make! We are getting really close to finishing this quilt with just one more block that will be released next month.I'm getting low on the backgrounds I set aside... Read more »
- Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt Along UpdateHello and happy Tuesday! I finally had the chance to work on my scrappy Log Cabin blocks. I'm really trying to finish up this quilt by the end of the month, so I felt like twenty-seven blocks was a good accomplishment for a Saturday!For this batch I went completely scrappy...mixing... Read more »
- Hometown Christmas Layer Cake QuiltHello! I finished the binding on my first big Christmas quilt for this year just before leaving for market. I have to say this is already a favorite. I think I'm going to wash it right away so it's ready for use this holiday season! I love the fact that you... Read more »
- Quilt Market Houston 2017 Part 3Hello and happy Friday! Today I'm wrapping up with the last of my photos from International Quilt Festival 2017 in Houston last month. Keep reading to the end for some sale info!I loved this display...the buildings, the city-scape...and then the addition of the Read more »... Read more »