Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 38Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 38 post! I have some fun things to share with you today that I’ve found from around the web! I try to include recipes, tips, patterns, fabrics, and organizational and home décor products perfect for quilters! Thank you... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 11Hello and happy Wednesday! Today is Moda Block Heads Wednesday, and today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 11. I love posting these blocks each week, but today is a little more fun, because this week’s block is my design! If you are new to my blog today, welcome! ... Read more »
- Simple Quilted Zipper Bags | Quick Zip CasesHello and happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! This weekend I spent some time making some fun gifts for friends! Simple quilted zipper bags are one of my go-to gifts, and this weekend I started out by making twelve from one of my favorite patterns, The Quick... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 37Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 37! I have a lot of fun looking for items for this post each week and hope you’ll enjoy the recipes, tips, ideas, and more today! Hoping your weekend is off to a terrific start! Enjoy! I love this... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 10Hello and happy Wednesday! Because it’s Wednesday, that means it’s Moda Block Heads day! This week I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 10! I am having so much fun piecing these blocks! And it’s just as fun seeing all of the fabrics and fabric combinations everyone else is using!... Read more »
- Pressing Strip Sets Tips & MoreHello and happy Tuesday! Today I have a fun “Tip Tuesday” post to share! I’ll be discussing pressing strip sets tips for making sure your strips sets are even and straight after sewing. I even have a short video clip to demonstrate the techniques I use. Strip-set sewing can save... Read more »
- Save the Bees BOM & A GiveawayHello and happy Monday! If you are here today for the first time, welcome to my blog! I’ve been blogging here at A Quilting Life for just over 10 years and absolutely love sharing my love of quilting and fabric! To find out more about me, my quilting journey, my... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 36Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 36! On Saturdays I share links to a variety of different things of interest to quilters. On these posts you’ll find pattern and tutorial links, quilting books and fabric, recipes and home décor and home organization ideas! I... Read more »