Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters | 29Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the 29th edition of my Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters posts! Each Saturday I post fun things for quilters: free tutorials, new patterns, fabric finds, recipes, home decorating and organizing and more! I hope you’ll find something you enjoy reading here to day! The quilt... Read more »
- Summer Quilt Projects & MoreHello and happy Friday! While the official summer solstice in the northern hemisphere isn’t until next week (June 21st), today feels like the first day of summer for me! You see, I finished up a good portion of a really big project yesterday! So today I can finally start on... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 2Hello and happy Wednesday! Since it’s Wednesday, that means it’s Block Heads day! And I’m happy to be sharing the Moda Block Heads 2 Block 2 today! First, I know there were some technical issues last week. I believe the issues have been corrected now, so I’ll add the link... Read more »
- Beginning Quilting Posts RoundupHello and happy Monday! Today I’m sharing a roundup of posts I’ve published that are perfect for beginning quilters or for more advanced quilters who want to refresh their skills in one or more areas. I’ve had this on my list for awhile so that I can refer readers to... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters | 28Hello and happy Saturday! I’m sure looking forward to this weekend after a busy week! I’ve been working on a behind-the-scenes project that is nearly complete, and I’m going to have lots of time for quilting when I finish it! This week’s Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters post is a... Read more »
- Simple Patriotic Stars QuiltHello and happy Friday! I hope your weekend is off to a terrific beginning! Today I’m sharing a fun and simple patriotic stars quilt my daughter Chelsi made! She used a mix of our fabrics in reds, creams and blues and also wrote a simple tutorial for it. I’ve also... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads Quilt AlongHello and happy Wednesday! Today is the first day of the 2018 Moda Block Heads quilt along! And I have some pretty exciting news to share, too! First, I’ll explain just a little bit about the Moda Block Heads. Last year, a wonderful group of Moda designers got together and... Read more »
- Mystery Block of the Month | June 2018Hello and happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Mystery Block of the Month June block! It’s a fun and easy block that goes together quickly and easily. I’ve also included the mini version for this block on the pattern as I... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters | 27Happy Saturday, and welcome to the 27th edition of my Saturday Seven inspiration for quilters post. I hope you’ll find some fun things and inspiration here! I always have fun looking for ideas for this post and hope you enjoy the topics. As always, if you ever have ideas for... Read more »
- Small Quilts for Fun Summer SewingHello and happy June! Today I’m sharing small quilts for fun summer sewing as part of my regular Mini Quilts and More series I post on the first of every month. If you are new here, there is a theme for each month announced the month before. Then, anyone who... Read more »