Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 64Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to my Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 64 post where I share fun things for quilters from around the web each week. I really enjoy writing these posts and hope you’ll enjoy this week’s edition. This week there were so many good things to share…but… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 44Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 44. This week’s block is called Candy Striper and is by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. It’s a 12″ finished block and is also fast and fun to put together. This week we are just sewing with simple… Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 63Hello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 63 post. On these Saturday posts I share fun things from around the web. I have just returned home from a wonderful four days teaching at the Winter Quilt Retreat in Bryce Canyon, Utah. The Bryce Canyon area… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43, “Mosaic,” by Brigitte Heitland. This is a 6″ finished block that makes a big impact. It goes together quite easily, too! I used fabrics from three different collections for my block. The center is from our Desert… Read more »
- Reader’s Best Tips | Minis & MoreHello and happy Monday! Welcome to the Reader’s Best Tips edition of our monthly Minis & More series. Michele and I decided to ask for reader tips for the month of January rather than a project submission. We felt like this would give everyone a chance to “catch up” after… Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 62Hello and happy Saturday! I’m so hoping I get to sew today! Yesterday was spent trying to get caught up from being gone for three days this week. So I think I should sew today! First, though, it’s time for the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 62 post. Enjoy! Saturday… Read more »