Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven | 21Hello and happy Saturday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! We're celebrating a couple of family birthdays this weekend, so all of my kids will be together with my husband and I for the first time since Christmas--yay! If you're new here, welcome to the Saturday Seven where... Read more »
- Favorite QuiltsHello and happy Thursday! I was doing some organizing of photos today and happened on some of these older quilt photos taken for me a few years back by my friend Korindi! I just love seeing the quilts in an outdoor setting; these photos are absolutely beautiful and really capture... Read more »
- Quilt Goals and ProgressHello and happy Tuesday! I can't believe it's already the 17th of April...time is going so quickly this month! I meant to post my second quarter goals earlier this month and to do a review on my first quarter goals...but now is better than later! And honestly, I didn't meet... Read more »
- Summer Wall Hanging + SurveyHappy Monday! I hope your weekend was a great one! I just got back from a whirlwind trip to a blogging conference in Salt Lake City, Utah that took place Thursday through Saturday! It was my first time attending a conference of that kind, and I learned so much! The... Read more »
- Saturday Seven | 20Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend includes some spring weather and some sewing! This is my twentieth Saturday Seven post...kind of crazy! If you're new here, on Saturdays I post seven fun things I've found during the week that quilters might be interested in...recipes, home decorating, organizational tips, and of... Read more »
- Small Project FinishesHappy Friday! I hope your week has been a good one and that your weekend will be even better! Today I'm sharing this week's small project finishes--three fun projects: Two of them were super quick projects that I'll be making again for gifts! And the other one is my second... Read more »
- Quarter Square Triangle VideoHello and happy Wednesday!Today I've got a new video tutorial to share that will help you make sure you are piecing perfect quarter-square triangles. I absolutely love this block--it always adds a lot to quilt designs and is also one of those terrific blocks for using up scraps!Last summer I... Read more »
- Saturday Seven | 19Hello and happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start! I'm hoping to get some good sewing time in this weekend along with the usual housework that I try to catch up on on Saturdays! I'm also working again on some organizing...Saturday always seems to be... Read more »