Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Works in Progress | Blue & Cream QuiltHello and happy Monday! I've been making a little progress on my "On the Plus Side" quilt and thought I'd share a few thoughts on that today. I'm having a lot of fun working on this quilt in between other projects. Sometimes I just do a little cutting, and other... Read more »
- Pretty Patchwork Bag TutorialHello and happy Thursday! Today I'm pretty excited to share with you a new little tutorial for the cutest little bags ever made with Moda Candy squares (or 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares from your stash)! Mine are made using our upcoming The Front Porch fabric collection for Moda,... Read more »
- Creekside is Shipping!Hello and happy Wednesday! Our Creekside fabric collection has arrived in Dallas and is now shipping to shops! We've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this collection and it's finally here!My orders are arriving today...so if you pre-ordered fabric from me it will be onRead more »... Read more »
- Moda Matchbox QuiltsHello! Today I'm happy to share something new from Moda...Moda Matchbox quilts. These little boxes of goodness are so much fun! They were introduced for the first time at spring market in St. Louis, and I've been anxiously awaiting their arrival!Right now there are nine different designs...all different, and all... Read more »
- Scrappy Blue and Cream QuiltHello friends and happy Monday! Guess what?! I started a new scrap project! I'm super excited about this one, and while I'm not giving myself a deadline to finish this I'm guessing I'll get it done fairly quickly because I absolutely love these blocks.I've been looking at projects, going through... Read more »
- Patchwork Quilt Along | SeptemberHello friends! Today is the Fat Quarter Shop Patchwork Quilt Along day, and this month's block is a fun Grandmother's Choice block. I had extra fun making my blocks this month because I was able to use some of the recently released Ann's Arbor collection for my blocks.In fact, all... Read more »
- 10 Tips for Increasing Creativiy + ProductivityHello! Today I'm writing about some things I think about a lot. In fact, I've thought about all of these topics in one form or another for almost as long as I can remember. The primary reason I started my blog over nine years ago was to keep a record... Read more »
- Fall Quilting ProjectsHello and happy Wednesday! Little by little I've been getting the fall decor out and spread throughout the house...I am hoping that yesterday might have been our last day above 105...so ready for the fall temperatures around these parts!One thing I love about fall decor is that it never seems... Read more »
- Healing Hearts for HarveyHappy Tuesday! I've spent lots of hours over the past couple of weeks watching the tragedies unfold because of hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and I've wondered about the best way for me to personally make a difference in these two events. I did finally come up with a plan to... Read more »