Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven 107 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday. The Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 107 is a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! Saturday Seven 107 1. Feed Your Spirit This article, “The Practice of Using December for Retreat, Reflection, & Letting Go” is such a… Read more »
- Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 12Hello and happy Friday! I actually can’t believe it’s already Friday, and I really can’t believe we are already to our Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 12. We have really enjoyed this sew along and are in love with all of the beautiful blocks you are making. Next week we’ll… Read more »
- Gift Ideas for Quilters from AmazonIt’s that time of year…gift giving time. And while your favorite local and on-line quilt shops have amazing gifts for Christmas, Amazon has some great selections as well. Enjoy this post with my twelve favorite Gift Ideas for Quilters from Amazon. (Note: I have used affiliate links for these suggestions… Read more »
- Cover Reveal | Labor of Love!Hello and happy Tuesday–I hope your week is off to a wonderful start. I’m just stopping by today with a fun announcement. I have another book that will be coming your way soon–and I’m super excited to show it to you and tell you all about it! Today I’m sharing… Read more »
- Bloomtopia Quilt | Videos & MoreHello and happy Monday! I just returned home late Friday night from a trip to Texas with Chelsi to film the step-by-step instruction videos for the Bloomtopia Quilt from Fat Quarter Shop. We had an absolutely fun and wonderful time and enjoyed creating videos with the Fat Quarter Shop team… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 106 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday! On Saturdays I post fun things I’ve found throughout the week: The Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 106 is a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! I hope you’ll enjoy this week’s post! 1. Feed Your Spirit This… Read more »
- Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 11Hello and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing our Sunday Best Quilts Sampler Block 11, Rainwashed! Corey’s Rainwashed quilt is one of my absolute favorites in the book. It is so fast and fun to put together, and you can make this block as scrappy as you’d like! Before I go… Read more »
- 2019 Block of the Month FinishingHello and happy Thursday friends! I’m excited to be able to share the 2019 Block of the Month Finishing Instructions for my mystery half-square triangle quilt. Please be sure and download any block patterns you might have missed because I’ll be taking all of this down at the end of… Read more »
- A Quilting Life Block of the Month December 2019Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing the final blocks for the 2019 quilt along! It’s been such a fun journey, and I’m happy to be able to report that I have both of my quilt tops finished, quilted and bound! I’m glad you’re here today for the Quilting Life… Read more »