Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- The Saturday Seven | 12Hello and happy Saturday! I hope you're having a great holiday weekend! I've got plans to sew today...and to catch up on some household chores after sewing five quilts in the past nineteen days! I'm also going to try to tackle my email in-box. I haven't been very good at... Read more »
- Kate Spain Quilt #TBTHappy Thursday! I've been slowly changing out quilts in my home...pulling out some of my favorite spring designs to display. Last night as I was pulling out one of my favorites I realized that many of you have probably never seen this quilt. It's one that I love and that... Read more »
- Works in ProgressHello and happy Wednesday! And happy Valentine's Day, too! On Wednesdays I like to post work in progress photos...and believe me...I have been sewing up a storm! I can't share any of what I've been working on until later next month, but it's going to be really fun to share... Read more »
- Quilting Life BOM | FebruaryHello and happy Monday! I decided to share this month's block for my 2018 A Quilting Life Mystery Block of the Month a little early this month (my goal is to post each month's block by the 20th of the month). I've really had fun picking out this years blocks,... Read more »
- The Saturday Seven | 11Hello and happy Saturday--thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope your weekend is off to a great start and that you have some fun sewing planned! I have some fun things to share today...and hope you'll enjoy my eleventh edition of the Saturday Seven!I've been lucky to be... Read more »
- Valentines and Heart Projects Round-UpHappy Tuesday! Today I'm sharing some Valentines and heart projects--many of these are fast and fun projects that you still have time to make before next week...First up is this adorable heart pillow that my daughter Chelsi made recently. Read more »... Read more »
- Scrappy Red, Cream & Blue QuiltHello and happy Monday! I'm excited to share my Patchwork Quilt Along quilt from 2017 once again now that it's quilted! My friend Marion always picks the perfect patterns for quilting my quilts, and I think this Baptist Clams pattern might be my new favorite! I loved this quilt before...but... Read more »
- The Saturday Seven | 10Hello and happy Saturday! And welcome to the tenth edition of the Saturday Seven posts! I can't believe it's been ten weeks since I started this series on a whim; I appreciate the kind emails encouraging me to continue this series. I sure have fun with it, and I'm glad... Read more »