Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Favorite Charm Square Quilt PatternsHello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing something fun that’s coming soon…and it has to do with Charm Square Quilt Patterns! Last fall some Moda designers came up with the fun idea to do a charm square swap with other designers, come up with some fun designs, and then share… Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 81Hello and happy Saturday! And welcome to my Saturday Seven post. On Saturdays I share links for fun things in a variety of categories that I think might be of interest to fellow quilters as we all juggle busy lives and try to make time to sew and quilt for… Read more »
- The Ultimate Orphan Block Quilting ChallengeHello and happy Friday! On Fridays I post around the “Sew Your Stash” theme and try to share tips and ideas to help quilters get organized and sewing with the fabrics they have and love. So I’ve been thinking about this idea for a little while and finally came up… Read more »
- How to Use the Pineapple Trim Tool to Make the Perfect Pineapple Quilt BlockHello and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing a tutorial and a video demonstration of how to make a pineapple quilt block using the Creative Grids Pineapple Trim Tool. This post isn’t sponsored in any way; however, I love this ruler and this method for making this quilt block. This block… Read more »
- Recent Quilting Works in Progress + This & ThatHello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing a recent quilting works in progress along with a great giveaway, a good sale, and more! First, I’ll share a few sneak peeks of my most recent finish (it’s off to be quilted today). I also have some fun photos to share of… Read more »
- Garden of Quilts Quilt Show & ClassesHello and happy Monday! Today I’m excited to let you know a little bit about an event I’ll be teaching at this fall. The Garden of Quilts is a quilt show, classes, and more event that is sure to be absolutely incredible. It’s being held in the Ashton Gardens at… Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 80Hello and happy Saturday! If you are new here, my Saturday Seven posts are a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! I always have fun doing the “research” for these posts and hope you’ll find several things to inspire your weekend. Saturday… Read more »
- Sew Your Stash: How to Create Quilt Projects from ScrapsHello and happy Friday! I hope your week has gone well and that your weekend is off to a terrific start. I ended up doing some cleaning and sorting in the sewing room that really wasn’t on my schedule. Chelsi and I decided to get some new photos taken and… Read more »
- A Quilting Life Quilt Block of the Month | June 2019Hello and happy June! It’s quilt block of the month day (it’s always a bonus when I can get this post up early in the month for you all)! I hope you have fun making this month’s blocks. We are getting quite a collection now, and it’s fun for me… Read more »