Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Pretty Pincushion Tutorial & RemixHello and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing a fun Fat Quarter Shop simple pin cushion project I filmed with them back in March of 2016. I had a lot of fun filming this tutorial and was super excited when they emailed to let me know they were re-posting it! So... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Block 27Hello and happy Wednesday! And welcome to the Moda Block Heads 2 Block 27 post. As I mentioned last week, we are now half-way finished with our blocks for this quilt along. And we made it through six weeks of at least two blocks per week–yay! This week we are... Read more »
- Patchwork Storage Cube in Quilts & More Winter 2019Hello and happy Tuesday! I dropped off one more new Walkabout quilt to my quilter yesterday, and I can’t wait to get it back and share it with you. I’m finishing up the pattern this week and hope to be able to share it all next week. But today I’m... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 46Hello and happy Saturday! I hope you’re having a wonderful day and that your weekend will be a great one! Welcome to my Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 46 post where I share a little bit of this and that! On Saturdays I share patterns, fabric, tips, recipes, and ideas... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 25 & 26Hello and happy Wednesday! Today is Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 25 & 26 reveal day. This week’s fun blocks are brought to you by Lisa Bongean and Corey Yoder. Lisa’s block has some very tiny piecing, but I used a tool that helped me put it together easily. And... Read more »
- Works in Progress & Fall Quilting GoalsHello and happy Monday! We’ve really been having some nice weather here which has me in the mood for all things fall. And…I finally got a chance to do a little straightening up in my sewing room, so I’m ready to tackle some new projects. I have one more quilt... Read more »
- Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 45Hello and happy Saturday! Today I’m sharing the Saturday Seven Inspiration for Quilters 45 post. (I really can’t believe this is the 45th edition). For those who have asked, I do plan to continue this series through the end of this year and begin again in 2019. I really enjoy... Read more »
- Mystery Block of the Month October 2018Hello and happy Friday! I hope your week went well and that you are ready for a wonderful weekend! I cleaned up my sewing room the other day and am excited to get some sewing accomplished this weekend–I have big plans, anyway! Today I’m sharing the Mystery Block of the... Read more »
- Fat Quarter Shop Simple Zipper Bag RemixHello and happy Thursday! Back in March of 2016 I visited Fat Quarter Shop headquarters for the first time where I filmed some fun video tutorials. One of my favorite projects was a zipper bag project I’ve since made many times. Today, Fat Quarter Shop is sharing my fun video... Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 23 & 24Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Blocks 23 & 24. For this round of blocks we’ve been sharing a block from one of the original members of the Moda Block Heads group along with the block from the person/people they invited to join in this... Read more »