Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven 90 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday! Welcome to the Saturday Seven 90 post with inspiration for quilters. It’s kind of a milestone for me that I’ve written this series for ninety straight weeks. But I love it and hope you do as well! If you’re new here, my Saturday Seven posts are… Read more »
- Beach Day Jelly Roll QuiltHello and Happy Friday! Today I’m introducing the second of my five new patterns featuring our upcoming Summer Sweet fabric collection. The Beach Day Jelly Roll quilt is fast and fun…and did I mention it also uses a charm pack? Combining the two pre-cuts makes for fast piecing…and you can… Read more »
- Gelato Medallion Quilt PatternHello and happy Wednesday! We are having a lot of fun sharing the new fabric collection, and there will be a lot more information and photos of the fabrics coming soon. But first…this pattern! Introducing the Gelato medallion quilt pattern. I’ve been wanting to design a medallion quilt for so… Read more »
- Introducing Summer Sweet Fabric by Sherri & ChelsiHello and happy Tuesday! Today Chelsi and I are very excited to be able to share something we’ve been working with for the past several weeks. Introducing Summer Sweet fabric! Summer Sweet is a delightful group of petite prints and beautiful florals with Chelsi’s signature hand-drawn elements in a soft… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 89 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and welcome to the Saturday Seven 89 Inspiration for Quilters post. If you are new here, on Saturdays I post a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! I got in pretty late last night from my eleven day teaching trip in… Read more »
- Quiltstock & Restore Quilt RetreatsHello, and happy Friday! And a happy beginning to your weekend! I’m writing from Dallas, Texas where I’ve been teaching at the Quiltstock & Restore Quilt retreats for the past couple of weeks. These events have been filled with inspiring trunk shows, opportunities to meet quilters from all over the… Read more »
- Fall Dash Quilt in APQHello and happy Monday! While the temperatures are still in the uncomfortable 100’s here…fall really is just around the corner. And I’m happy to be able to share a favorite fall quilt I have in the October issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, on newsstands now! Introducing Fall Dash I… Read more »
- Happy Little Things Block of the Month | GiveawayHello and happy Monday! Today I’m excited to share the Happy Little Things Block of the Month program which begins today. This year’s quilt is a fun quilt that I can’t wait to start sewing. If you haven’t heard about this free quilt along yet, keep reading for all of… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 88 | Inspiration for QuiltersHello and happy Saturday! Welcome to my Saturday Seven 88 inspiration for quilters post. If you are new here, my Saturday Seven posts are where I share a smorgasbord of fun things for quilters: find patterns, notions, recipes, good reads and more! I hope you’ll enjoy! I’m actually writing this… Read more »
- Quilting Life Quilt Block of the Month | August 2019Hello and happy August! I really can’t believe it’s August already…this year has really flown by! Today I’m sharing my quilt block of the month pattern for August! There are actually two blocks as usual this month, and I love them both. I also love them in both colorways! And… Read more »