Last Monday I attended a workshop and it was a great reminder of how much we quilters love to learn new ways to do things. My guild sponsored a daylong class with Moda designer Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles, where she taught us the techniques behind her new Twisted quilt.
For those of you that can’t be at Market, here is a Sneak Peek at the fun new gadgets that will be shown!
Leave us a comment below telling us your favorite items & items you want to know more about you could WIN some of these new notions! 😉
3. KAREN KAY BUCKLEY PERFECT PINS– These perfect pins are extremely thin and have a very sharp point. They are great for applique and piecing!
4. FISKARS PINK MATS– High quality, self healing cutting surface. Measuring grid on both sides for extra long life. Numbers are on the inside & outside of the grid with extended lines to the edge of the mat for more accuracy. Available in 24″x36″ and 12″x18″.
5. FISKARS PINK RULERS– Easy to Read Ruler. Durable 3mm thick clear acrylic. Pink and White lines are visible on light and dark fabrics. 30, 45, & 60 degree bias lines are clearly marked. Hang hole for easy storage. Available in 3″ x 18″ and 6″ x 24″.
6. ALPHABITTIES– These cute little letters and numbers help keep your fabric extra organized after cutting. Simply label each pile with the corresponding letter or number from the pattern. 36 markers per package.
7. OLISO PINK IRON– This lovely little iron has TONS of great features such as auto lift & double duty penetrating heat to press multiple layers at once. More details here! (Due to ship in September.)
8. HANDBAG SEWING KITS– Cute little handbag styled sewing kit with press stud closure. Includes: Mini scissors, seam ripper, tape measure, needle threader, thread, straight pins, safety pins, 4 snaps & 4 buttons.
9. ROXETTE THIMBLES– Ergonomically Designed Less Stress on Joints Handy storage tube with fitting instructions and pop-off cap for accurate fitting before purchase.
10. FRUIT PIN CUSHIONS– 3 fun fruit pincushions to collect! Fresh apple, peach & pear designs to freshen up your sewing room!
11. HIROSHIMA NEEDLES– Strong & Durable Japanese Needles. These are a United Notions EXCLUSIVE!
12. SEWLINE FABRIC PENCILS– These disposable, mechanical fabric pencils with ceramic lead give you clear clean 1.3mm mark (twice the thickness of standard fine leads) that is easily removed with a polymer eraser or a damp cloth. Tailor’s Click Pencil. Available in Pink, Blue & White lead.
13. SEW RED GLASSES– Sew Red Glasses have red filter lenses that allow a hands free method to determine the color value of your fabric or art work. They change the color to a grey scale so you can see contrast; light, medium and dark.
15. HEAT n BOND– A variety of new sheets from Heat n Bond.
EZ Print- Draw or print using an ink-jet printer on the paper backing of this iron-on sew-through double- sided fusible which won’t gum up needles Package of ten 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. Avail in Lite & FeatherLite
STITCHnSEW– EZ Print non-woven foundation stabilizer, 8.5″ x 11″, 20 sheets per package. 100% polyester. Ink-Jet & Laser printable. Transparent, easy to print, trace and tear away, perfect for machine embroidery or foundation piecing.
PRESSING PAPER – Pressing Paper for fabrics and crafts. 11″ x 17″, 5 sheets per package. Reusable, transparent, non-stick sheets that protect fabrics and work surfaces.
16. QUICK CURVE RULER– This 7″ x 12″ ruler is used to cut curve shapes out and square the blocks up after piecing. It is made from quality acrylic with a curve cut out where your rotary blade of any size will fit into it. Comes with a free pattern called “Urban Runner”. See the FABULOUS quilts you can make with this ruler here!
17. MINI HEX N MORE KEYCHAIN TEMPLATE– The Mini Hex N More Keychain Template by Jaybird Quilts is 3.5″ long and almost 3″ wide. You can cut 4 different shapes from strips: Hexagons – 2.5″ strips, Triangles – 1.5″ strips, Half Hexagons – 1.5″ strips and Jewel Shape – 3.5″ strips. Full color instructions included.
18. HEARTS N MORE TEMPLATE– The Hearts & More templates allow you to cut even more Rotary Cut Applique shapes. By folding your fabric and varying the way you place the template on your fabric, you can make many different heart shapes, circles, ovals, teardrops, leaves and flowers. Small & Large Set Available: 4″ and 7″ templates OR 9″ and 12″ templates.
19. STRIP WONKY RULER by QUILT IN A DAY – 2 1/2″ Strip Wonky Ruler by Quilt in a Day includes Twisted Log Cabin Pattern. Make your Log Cabin block pop with the twisted flair of Quilt in a Day’s new ruler: 2 1/2″ Strip Wonky! Now, cut with ease a fun and wavy block that’s sure to add an electrifying sway to your traditional Log Cabin
20. WOOL FELT BALLS– These hand-felted wool gems are a whimsical touch for fiber art including jewelry, clothing, accessories or a favorite quilted project.
21. SCREW B DO– The world’s best miniature screwdriver. Finger friendly screwdrivers that fit all makes and models of sewing machines. Strongest earth magnet around, computer and LCD screen safe, and soft gel coated grip for ergonomic one hand operation. Each package contains 2 miniature (1.25″) magnetic flat head screwdrivers. More info here!
22. EMBROIDERY SCISSOR CASES– Leather-like Embroidery Scissor Case. 1″wide x 2-1/2″long. Scissors not included.
23. FISKARS BLUE FLORAL ROTARY CUTTER and SCISSORS– CUTTER: Blue Floral Designer Series 45mm Rotary Cutter. Can be used right or left handed without changing blade assembly. Blade guard is locked in place until button is pressed. Sharp, long lasting blade that is easy to change. SCISSORS: Blue Floral Designer Series 8″ Scissors. The bent handle keeps material flat while cutting. Hardened, stainless steel blades for lasting sharpness. Tested to ensure clean cutting even through multiple layers of cloth to the tip.
24. SOFT CUSHION COLORFUL PREMIUM SCISSORS– Attractive, compact permanent display holds 12 Soft Cushion Premium 8.5″ Dressmaker Scissors. Includes assorted handle colors: 4 each – Radiant Purple, Lime and Hot Pink.
Ask for these new notions at your favorite local quilt shop!
TIME TO COMMENT! Let us know your favorites and you could WIN notions and even some MODA Layer Cakes!
USE THE HASHTAG #ShowMeTheModa We will randomly choose winners and announce on Monday!
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED. SEE WINNERS HERE!