They face adversity and endure hardships; yet all too often their troubles go unnoticed. We also honor those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines who must miss holidays, birthdays, and family moments in far-away distant lands. It is for the family members who keep the house running while their husband, wife, son or daughter is away. It is for the children who dearly miss their deployed parent, brother, sister, uncle, or aunt.We say thank you to the men and women who have volunteered to serve our country and preserve our freedom.
WHO: All quilters who would like to create a beautiful quilt to honor a military family in their circle of friends, the community, or the nation.
WHEN: Challenge begins January 1, 2015 thru March 31, 2015
• Challenge quilts will be displayed at local quilt shop April 6 – 18.
• Customers may vote for their favorites. Each shop’s Viewers’ Choice winner will receive a prize.
• A digital image of the Viewers’ Choice winner from each shop will be entered in Moda’s Piece and Comfort online quilt show.
WHERE: Pick up an entry form at your local participating quilt shop.
WHAT: Ninety percent of quilt must be made with Moda fabrics. Fifty percent of the Moda fabrics must come from one or both of the featured collections.
• Quilt(s) must be 54″x65″ or larger.
• Quilt must be quilted or tied and bound. No quilt tops will be accepted.
• Quilt must be labeled with Maker’s and Quilter’s name, city and contact information.
• Quilt(s) remain property of maker unless they choose to donate quilt to a military family.
• No limit to number of entries.
Prize Awards for Moda’s Online Quilt Show:
First Viewers’ Choice – $500
Second Viewers’ Choice – $250
Third Viewers’ Choice – $150
Designer’s Choice – $500