A Challenge! Featuring 12 Bella Solids
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of Moda’s Bella Solids we are hosting a challenge
inspired by our leader, Mark Dunn’s, passion for textiles and love of color!
Entries should have a contemporary feel and must include
only these 12 Bella Solids and a piece of each must be used.
Any type of piecing, quilting, embroidery, etc. may be used to create your masterpiece.
Get Ready, Get Set…Stitch!
Challenge Begins Feb 1, 2017
Winners announced October 20, 2017
Winning quilts will be exhibited in Moda’s booth at Fall Market beginning October 26, 2017
The top 3 quilts will be purchased and added to Moda’s quilt collection.
For Questions, please email: email@example.com
All quilters who are inspired by the love of textiles and color and would like to create a contemporary art quilt using these 12 Bella Solids.
- Quilt must contain only these 12 Bella Solids shown above and a piece of each must be used. Any type of piecing, quilting, embroidery, etc. can be used to create a masterpiece.
- Quilt(s) must measure 72″x 90″.
- Quilt(s) must be an original design.
- Quilt must be quilted. No quilt tops will be accepted.
- Quilt must be labeled with Maker’s and Quilter’s name, city and contact information.
- Top 3 National winning quilt(s) will become the property of Moda Fabrics.
- No limit to number of entries. International entries will be accepted.
Dates: February 1, 2017 – September 12, 2017
- Digital image of quilt must be received no later than Tuesday, September 12. All the entries will be judged. Six finalists will be chosen.
- Finalist quilts must be mailed at owner’s expense to Moda home office in Dallas for final judging.
- Moda will contact the 3 final winners on October 20th. The quilts will be on display in the Moda Fabrics booth during Fall Quilt Market, 2017.
- The prize money will be considered the purchased price of the three winning quilts. They will become the property of Moda Fabrics.
*First Place – $5,000
*Second Place – $3,000
*Third Place – $2,000
* Purchase Awards – Quilts become the property of Moda Fabrics.