Wowza! If you’ve missed the announcements on social media a week ago, the Quiltstock Retreat for 2019 is almost full!
What is Quiltstock? It’s a five day/four-night retreat event where you will sew, learn, laugh, create, be pampered and simply have fun. It is organized and hosted by Martingale and Moda. There are six teachers and you’ll get to take every class. Sewing machines are provided and kits are available – or you can bring your own machine and fabrics.
When is Quiltstock? August 5 through 9, 2019. We recommend arriving on Sunday, August 4 so that you’ll be ready to go when the fun starts at 11:00 am on Monday. Plan on leaving Friday – but not too early as there will be a few things planned for that morning.
Who will be there? These ladies will be.
Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings – Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles – Sherri McConnell, you know her best as A Quilting Life – Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson of Me & My Sister Designs.
And me. I’ll be there too.
What are the classes? Here’s the skinny on that:
- Lynne Hagmeier created a terrific layered patchwork technique that adds dimension and texture to quilts, and saves fabric and time. What’s not to love about that?
- Lisa Bongean will be sharing an awesome wool appliqué stocking, and you’ll learn her wool and embroidery tricks.
- Sherri McConnell’s quilt will be her signature style, rooted in tradition but made with updated techniques and lots of scraps.
- Barbara and Mary will be sharing one of their fast, easy and works-with-every-style Layer Cake quilts.
- Me? We’ll be making pincushions.
Where is all this happening? At the Magnolia Hotel Park Cities, Dallas. You’re not going to believe how well you’ll be taken care of by the lovely people at the hotel.
Milk and cookies – big cookies! (Good cookies!) Every night.
Yes, you do need to stay at the Magnolia Hotel for the retreat – at least for the four nights, Monday through Thursday. The hotel is within walking distance of a dozen restaurants, and if you’d like some supplies for your room, Central Market is a short Lyft/Uber ride away. The Magnolia is also convenient to both Love Field and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
What is the cost? Guarantee your spot with a $995 payment that covers the following:
- Five classes.
- Sewing machines
- A super-special, limited-edition Quiltstock Swag Bag – it has a retail value of more than $250.00.
- Seven meals.
The fee is non-refundable but it can be transferred.
How do I sign up? You didn’t think I would forget that part, did you?
Or reserve a spot by calling 800.426.2126, ext. 1378. (Or 425.483.3313, ext. 1378, if you’re not in the US or Canada.)
For more information – Quiltstock 2019 Flyer PDF.
We hope to see you there!