Block 26? Do you know what that means? We’re at the halfway point! for blocks. We still have twenty-six weeks to go.
Isn’t this block spectacular? It’s wool appliqué on a flannel background. Lisa Bongean. Of course. This is one of the blocks in Primitive Gatherings’ 2018 Wool Summer Block of the Week. There are 84 tiny berries on this block – and the cross-over stitching on the stems… this is gorgeous.
Today’s blocks are from Lisa Bongean and Corey Yoder – and because I love flying geese and churndash blocks, these are two of my favorites. Not that I made them… I’m still not back on track with sewing.
Thank you Michelle!
So this week’s blocks are:
Remember… if the blogs aren’t up or the links aren’t working, check the Moda Block Heads 2 Archive. Because if you’re reading this, it’s already been updated and it will have what you’re looking for.
These are Blocks 19 and 20 from Corey – she did a star variation instead of the appliqué block. She’s mixing fabrics from all of her collections with beautiful results.
Lisa has been using a gray, black and “primitive ivory” color palette for her blocks, mixing fabrics from a couple of her past collections. This quilt is also going to be really, really good.
One last thing for today… Lisa Bongean has partnered with Annette Plog of Petite Quilts for a One Block Challenge. You might have seen that Annette did this with Betsy Chutchian and Laurie Simpson earlier this year. Now it’s Lisa Bongean’s block.
To see what the other Block Heads have done with these blocks, check out their blogs and Instagrams:
- Lynne’s Blog / Facebook / Website
- Barbara & Mary – Me & My Sister’s Blog / Instagram
- Brigitte Heitland – Zen Chic’s Blog / Instagram
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique’s Blog / Instagram
- Betsy’s Blog / Facebook / Instagram
- Stacy Iest Hsu’s Blog / Instagram
- Jan’s Blog / Website
- Laurie Simpson’s Blog / Instagram
- Jo’s Blog / Instagram
- Sherri McConnell – A Quilting Life’s Blog / Instagram
- Lisa’s Blog / Website / Instagram
- Corey Yoder’s Blog / Instagram
That’s it for Week 18 of the Block Heads 2.