A Cottage, a Porch and lots of Confetti…

It’s August and that means the following is happening on Hutton Drive – hot, humid days.  A warehouse sale.  Lots of new fabric collections

arriving – and shipping – daily.  Market plans are in full-swing.  A retreat for the sewers in the office and a teaching trip for moi.  And there’s this new catalog of new collections…

There is a lot to share so I’m going to start with what the designers themselves have starting showing… with one or two little extras.

So let’s get to it!

A cottage – Mama’s Cottage by April Rosenthal.  This is the only picture April has shared so far but I love it and it perfectly captures the retro-modern color palette of her collection.

More Mama soon.

The Front Porch from Sherri & Chelsi takes the beautiful Ivory, Peach and Navy from Creekside – in shops next month – and changes the look by varying the Green, Aqua and Red.  The look if fresh, vibrant and very Spring – perfect timing as The Front Porch will be in shops in February.

This is Lattice – one of the new Front Porch quilts.

Lattice is fat-quarter-friendly and measures 70″ x 82″ – it was designed by Sherri McConnell for her A Quilting Life patterns.

Zen Chic – Brigitte Heitland.  Modern Backgrounds Colorbox.  Building on the Modern Backgrounds foundation of versatile prints that can be used again and again, Brigitte created new prints and added color.

I. Love. This.  Brigitte – a genius! – mixed her Modern Backgrounds Colorbox with a White Bella Solid to make this simple, spectacular low volume quilt.  (She used Cupcake Recipe 1, 1 MB Colorbox charm pack and 1 Bella Solid charm pack.)

Confetti!  We’ve got lots of confetti this month… let’s start with the glitz.

Vanessa Christenson of V & Co. has taken her signature Ombré Basics and used the same glorious color with the same gorgeous shading and she’s given it a whole new look with lots of dots – Ombré Confetti Metallic.

Dude Ranch is one of Vanessa’s new quilts – vibrant color shading is accomplished easily with Ombré fabrics.  Look for Ombré Confetti Metallic in February.

There’s more color with Me & My Sister’s Confetti – a mix of polka dots, stripes, hexagon prints and a super-cool half-triangle print that comes in three gorgeous colorways.  (It’s the border print below – wouldn’t it make terrific postcards or wrapping paper?)

Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson are busy binding and will hopefully share a picture of this quilt when it’s done… hint hint.

Wanderlust by Amy Ellis will be making it’s way into shops in February.

Citrus color with a hint of spice, Wanderlust was inspired by the vibrant color of Indian formal wear.

Bouquet is one of Amy’s new Wanderlust patterns, it is fat-quarter-friendly and measures 56″ x 60″.

That’s just a taste but if you want to see more… get a cup of tea or coffee, pull up a chair and peruse the pages of Moda Piece Issue No. 27.

NOTE: Sadly, paper copies of Moda Piece catalogs are only available to wholesale customers of Moda Fabrics/United Notions.

If you take a look, let me know which collection you’d like to see more of… which one is your favorite.

Happy Friday!

23 comments on “A Cottage, a Porch and lots of Confetti…

I love Sherri’s and Chelsi’s new collection it’s their best yet! The colors and prints are perfect for me. And Stacie’s Catnip! I can’t let that one pass I just love cats^^

2. Marge Dominic says:

How do I get a copy of “Moda Piece Issue # 27”. I just love looking through the different collections and thinking of which group Would work best for me.

Hi Marge – The printed copies of Moda Piece are only available to shopowners and those with wholesale accounts with Moda Fabrics/United Notions.

3. Susan says:

I really love Sherri and Chelsi’s new line, but many others are nice as well (and the patterns too). Is the “Moda Piece” a magazine that can be ordered? I’d like to see a hard copy – I find it easier to look at. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Susan – Unfortunately, Moda Piece is only available to shopowners and those with wholesale accounts with Moda Fabrics/United Notions.

4. Cave Creek Maggie says:

I am loving Catnip, Longitude Batiks & glad to see more Grunge Spots! But, what I’m MOST excited about is Moda’s Watercolor solids! I want a bolt of every color!!!

5. Pat Evans says:

Would love to see more of Longitude batiks by Kate Spain, Summer on the pond by Holly Taylor, and Lilac Ridge by Jan Patek. Lots of beutiful color coming soon.

6. Pris Phillips says:

I’m intrigued by Wanderlust… that was the theme for my daughter’s fabulous small wedding in Whistler, BC last year. We rode the Sea to Sky gondola 10 minutes straight up the mountain… her “wedding aisle” was a suspension bridge (I don’t like heights!!)… and the ceremony took place on a lovely viewing platform with magnificent views. The colors in Wanderlust look like my Amsterbabe (Amy) and I will watch for it in my local shop!! I also love the new line from Me & My Sister… Confetti. A must have for my fabric collection!! Why, oh why must we wait??!!

7. Joy Dickson says:

Looked at the book. Beautiful fabrics and patterns. Hope we get a few of these in the shop I work at.

8. charlotte m. says:

Not usually my cup of tea, but I love love love Vanessa’s Ombre confetti Metallic. I think I may really need some of that for myself! She showed some great pics on the blog the other day. Also I love Sherri’s and Chelsi’s new line. The navy really makes the other colors so much more stunning. I love that they have used that in all their lines.

9. Ramona Chester says:

Can’t wait for the new Ombre Metallics. Homegrown looks fun and love that Minick and Simpson have some fabulous new reds. Love that Strawberries and Cream (or Blueberries and Cream) quilt by American Jane. All of it was stunning and I am adding some of these to my Must Have list!

10. dondim says:

I just looked through the catalog. I am filled with want, great want. I also am filled with a great sense of wonder how these designers create new fabric lines that are better and more beautiful than the previous ones. It is simply amazing to me! Well done to each one of them! Thank you as ever for you wonderful posts. I can’t ever get my morning shower in before I read your blog. I am hooked.

11. Michele A. Bender says:

Such an unexpected yet delightful surprise to see this issue of the new lines. So much to drool over! Especially love the new Grunge spots and the Zen Chic backgrounds. And I’m begging here – why can’t the Paper and Ink collection be a permanent thing?

12. Karen McMahon says:

I love Jo Morton’s new line and American Jane’s.

13. Candice LeCody says:

Love, love, love, modern low-volume prints from Zen Chic!

14. I love the look of confetti, can’t wait to see that finished quilt!

15. Barbara Esposito, The Quilted B says:

So much deliciousness! I have to say I am In.Love with confetti, Thanks for the peek!

16. Sue says:

I love the new Ombre Confetti Metallic. So fun and modern.

17. Puzzle Pieces is the one for me!

18. Rosemary Goodwin says:

Confetti has everything I love: polka dots, stripes, and hexies!

19. Kay says:

I love the Ombre Confetti Metallic, this would be a lovely quilt backing. x

20. Karen says:

OK, the Zen Chic low volume is FANTASTIC!!!! Absolutely fantastic.

21. Lisa Simon says:

I’m loving the Ombré Confetti metallics!