Blockheads ~ Block 2

Did you finish Whirligig – the Blockheads Block 1?  More importantly, did you see the gorgeous blocks from each of the designers?

Clockwise from the upper-left – Lynne Hagmeier’s – Kansas Troubles – Layered Patchwork block / Betsy Chutchian / Jo Morton / Jan Patek.

Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings?  She made two blocks.

The first is a mix of all the designer collections, and the second is made using her just-in-stores-now Liberty Gatherings.

Block 2 is Aunt Dinah – from Betsy Chutchian.  You can get the instructions for Aunt Dinah on Betsy’s Blog.

In addition to sharing her block, Betsy probably has a little lagniappe for you too.

This is what she showed last week – those little corner triangles were saved, stitched and made into this adorable little block that she might make into a pincushion.  (It goes without saying that I wish I’d saved my triangles.  I’ll know better the next time.)

Betsy’s blocks are made with a mix of her collections – Eliza’s Indigo, Hope’s Journey, Bramblewood, Lizzie’s Legacy and Rachel Remembered.

This is Aunt Dinah.

These fabrics are all from Betsy’s Rachel Remembered collection.  And the Snowberry background.

And yes, there are two.

Fig Tree’s Farmhouse and Chestnut Street collections – I love how beautifully they mix.  (Just so you know, the odds are 3:1 that I won’t get past Week 9 making both blocks.  The closer it gets to Market, the better the odds get.)

As always, be sure to go visit the others to see what they made this week:

And if you’re not already a member, there is a Moda Blockheads Facebook Group.

If you post to Facebook or Instagram, remember to use the hashtag – #modablockheads so we can see your blocks.

See you next week!

16 comments on “Blockheads ~ Block 2

1. CRISTINA SARMIENTO says:

Me encantan vuestras telas y me gustaria poder formar parte de este reto mil gracias
    I

2. Marjorie says:

Lovely fabrics….one of these days I will take part…so very busy right now….have a blast!

• Maria says:

as a friend said, collect the patterns and make it when you can. I love these blocks. I know I have quite a stash but not just the right thing. Besides the snow is too deep to drive safely. You have to stay home if you can.

3. Joy Dickson says:

I can’t wait to make this one. Have to work today and tomorrow so will have to make it Friday but looking forward to it. Thank you so much for this SAL.

4. geezlucy says:

I have signed up for all of the blogs but only receive those of Jo Morton and Primitive Gathering. ???

5. Another great block for week 2. Thank you!

I love both of your blocks and decide that I need to copy Betsy and make a mini block each week too. Don’t know how long I’ll do this chances are good and I fall behind sometimes too;-)

7. Sheila says:

I like the blocks very much, only problem I missed Block 1, how do I get Block 1?

8. Gail Brown says:

How do I get Block #2?? I can’t find it anywhere.

9. gsquilter1 says:

Am enjoying these sweet blocks. Thank you for sharing!

10. […] was I… weekend sewing!  In addition to the Blockheads Block of the Week, I am sewing along with the Fat Quarter Shop’s Patchwork QuiltAlong benefitting the Make A […]

11. Cathy says:

Wow these look great! It’s like Spring- (Fig Tree Farmhouse and Chestnut) and Winter (the Racheal Remembered and Snowberry collection) both are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

12. Rosslyn Gale says:

Can I sign up for these lovely blocks please