Snooping around…

Since it’s available to anyone who looks, and it’s labeled as “free”… it’s not really snooping.  Yes, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

CT-Fun-&-Free

We’ve been adding things to the blog and website in the past month and since I was getting caught up on what’s there and where to find everything, I thought I would share.

At the top of this page, right under the top banner is a tab – Fun & Free.  Have you ever clicked it to see what’s there?

CT-Free-Patterns

There are over 100 patterns and project sheets available.  They’re not in alphabetical order – its chronological order, the most recent additions are always first.  The Spellbound and Mixed Bag collections shipped to stores in recent weeks.  From pincushions to bags, easy quilts to slightly-more-complicated patterns are included.

CT-Free-Printables

The super-awesome door hangers – they’re here.  So are the cute little treat boxes that fit mini charms.  Note cards and tags.  Moda’s how-did-I-live-without-this Project Tracker.

CT-Sewing-Tips

This is one of my favorite categories – it’s like a reference book.  I admit it… I used to download the PDFs and keep them on my computer.  Except I would put them in a “handy folder” – the every-popular “safe place”.  You know the one I mean… the one you can never remember or find when you go looking for whatever it is you know you put there.  When I would print out the pages, I stored them the same way.  Now I just go to this tab because it’s always in the same place.

CT-Free-Wallpaper

I change mine frequently – since I look at my computer for hours and hours every day, I like having a pretty background… preferably one that still lets me see all my “safe place” folders, of course. Right now it’s the green “rotary mat with the cutter”.  But I think I’m going to change it… I’ll let you know what I decide.

CT-Cake-Mix-Top

And the Cake Mix tab.  The first thing you’ll see is our 3-minute video – how to bake a Cake Mix quilt using our Cake Mix triangle paper.  It’s snappy.

We first shared the video when we introduced the Cake Mixes – We’ve got cake…

It’s also where you’ll find the Recipes for the Cake Mix quilts we’ve made so far.

CT-Cake-Mix-Recipes

There are more coming – maybe as soon as next week.  Recipes for Cake Mix 4 are on there – I couldn’t fit them in the picture.  But they’re there – four of them.

As for other snooping around… there are a few sneak-peeks coming next week.  The March – pre-Market – catalog is nearing completion and there is new fabric arriving almost every day.  Let it suffice to say that we’re frolic-ing by the creekside, enjoying the merry go round with Savannah and Ann.  It’s an authentic experience, made timeless by enjoying the good life.  We have compassion for the fragile quills we’re finding in a hollow near Bloomsbury.

I know.  That makes no sense at all… but it will.  Or maybe not.

Happy Friday!  I hope you have a lovely weekend doing something pleasurable.

Or making something wonderful.

20 comments on “Snooping around…

1. Susan Rascone says:

none of them will click open.

• Sandie says:

These are just the graphics to illustrate the post. They are all active onthe Moda website.

• Carrie says:

Hi Susan – I just showed the images. If you’ll scroll back up to the top of the page and click Fun & Free, it will take you to the page with all the options. 🙂

2. Marilyn Gordon says:

You have to go to the actual Moda Website.

3. Mary Wendland says:

wow. I had no idea. I’m a slow learner in my old age I guess. Can’y wait to check them all out! Thanks

The love the Moda free stuff and I’ll constantly stalking your side to see if the new catalog is up;-) Hope for the new B&C collection is in there:-)

5. Kristie Michalowski says:

So glad to hear that more Cake Mixes are coming!! Also wondering if there will be “cupcake” mixes for 5″ squares…hope so!

6. Jean Elliott says:

Thank you! Lots of great information!

7. Diana F Barnes says:

They won’t open.

Hi Diana – the blog post didn’t include links, just pictures of the page options under Fun & Free. If you scroll to the top of the page, you’ll see Fun & Free right under the Moda The Cutting Table header, It’s the 3rd tab from the left. Click that and it will take you to the page with the tabs shown in the blog post. 🙂

8. Jan Horn says:

Couldn’t open anything.

Hi Jan – the pictures were just images, not links. If you scroll to the top of the page, right under the Moda The Cutting Table header, look for the tab that says Fun & Free. Click that and it will take you to the page with the tabs shown in the blog post. 🙂

9. Helen says:

Thanks for the info!

10. Patty Cottingham says:

Thank you, Carrie. Snooping is fun. Appreciate you showing us the way to all kinds of goodies on Moda’s website.

11. Helen LeBrett says:

I love your cake mix idea: I’ve got all four versions in my cart at ETSY right now: can’t wait to try them@@@

12. Gail says:

HElp!! what so you do with cake mix recipes after you sew, cut and press?? NO one has any further instructions! I’m new to quilting so I am at a stand still. Considering sending them back!!

Hi Gail –

You start making blocks! I know… that’s the easy answer. But it’s also the right answer. Each Cake Mix Recipe comes with several block options pictured on the front cover. Depending on which Recipe you have will depend on whether you need two grids for a block or just one. Start arranging the HTSs to match one of the block pictures and then sew the pieces together with a scant 1/4″ seam allowance.

We have a page that includes a short video tutorial for Recipe 2 and then examples of quilts we’ve made using each Recipe. Each picture links to a “recipe” for that quilt – and a cookie or dessert. http://blog.modafabrics.com/cakemix/

There are also several online resources that might help – videos, tutorials and so on.

If you still have questions – please let us know. And let us know which Recipe you’ve got! 🙂

• Gail Burns says:

thank hou for your reply. I have #4 recipe and the first block is the one that interest me and that I would like to use. It looks like more cutting is involved. Why did Moda make this product and not give the instructions with the sheets? Moda is the leader in the industry, but they sure let us down on this product. I am going to ask online fatquartershop where I bought them if I can return them. They said they had other tutorials coming out next week, but they will not include piecing the block.

Hi Gail – Block 1 on Cake Mix Recipe 4? That block doesn’t need any additional cutting. It requires sixteen HTSs – two completed recipe grids. Or do you mean the first Recipe on the Moda website – All Bark?

13. GAil ? says: