Quilt Market Countdown…

In less than a week, we’ll be flying to Houston.

img_9560

This is Charlotte.  While her Grandma would love to have her in Houston for the week, she’ll only be there in pictures.  More about Miss Charlotte in a few weeks.

Before next Thursday, there are still a dozen quilts to bind.  Catalogs to organize, pack and ship.  Sell Sheets to prepare.  More boxes to pack and ship.  And probably more quilts to bind – they’re coming in every day so I’ve lost count.  Ten thousand steps?  Most everyone is getting the little writst-buzz by noon.

Schedules are being filled with appointments and calendars are being updated.

Schoolhouse?  Check!

slide_fqm2016-schoolhousesYikes.  I think I’m supposed to do something about a costume for one of those Schoolhouses.

(Maybe I can pretend I forgot.)

We’re especially excited about the Schoolhouse titled Love Historic Blocks & Reproductions by Betsy Chutchian and Carol Staehle.

While you know that Betsy is a Moda Designer, did you know that she and Carole are original Divas – as in the 19th Century Patchwork Divas!  History Repeated is one of their books.  This is the new one coming November 1st.

treasury-of-quilts

Treasury of Quilts.  (Rumor has it that I may have an autographed copy to give away after Market.)

By the way, speaking of Moda Designers… have you seen the Moda Designer page recently?  It’s been updated with new pictures and it’s beautiful!  Some of the pictures are truly special, they capture the designer’s personality perfectly.

That’s it for me for today.  I’ve got some Cakes to finish – more about those soon too.

Happy Friday!

11 comments on “Quilt Market Countdown…

1. Marianne says:

Oh my, that pink quilt in the middle on the cover, beautiful!

2. Karen Goad says:

love the cover of that book – that might be a “must have”

3. Linda H says:

………..drooling……………… if the INSIDE of that book is as beautiful as the cover ………. oh, my ………………..

I’ve put the book on my list it looks like a good xmas gift for my mom.

5. I’m thinking I might have to give that book to me. I could wrap it up and pretend someone bought it for me and left it under the tree. I could carefully not look at it until after Christmas Day. Maybe I could wait. It could happen. I have shown self control before.

6. Helen LeBrett says:

Good luck and I hope you are able to work faster than you ever imagined so you can have it all done on time!! Looking forward to Market pics!! I always enjoy them! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

7. Looks like you need a superhero costume — don’t forget the everyday Heroes. Firefighters soldiers doctors.

8. Gale says:

Oh no!!! Another book to put on Santa’s list for me.

9. Pris Phillips says:

How about putting on an apron and going as Betty Crocker??!! Good luck with all you need to get done, Carrie!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!! ~Pris & Gibbs from Idaho

10. BJ says:

Drooling over the new book – and just in time for Christmas! I tried checking out the new designer page using my smartphone, but all the biopics took me to a Pinterest sign-up/sign-in page. I don’t do social media, so is there another way?

11. Mary Ann says:

Excited to see more of these new lines!