Quilts, coffee and sewing…

Quilts and coffee because it’s cold… and okay, I like both.  Fabric and coffee?  Another favorite combination – though not mixed together unless you’re doing some vintage-aging-staining-thing.

Let me start with the fabric – something I played with and am keeping around because it makes me think of Spring.

MIUT-Spring

The fabrics are from Strawberry Fields Revisited by Fig Tree & Co., Bespoke Blooms by Brenda Riddle, Little Ruby by Bonnie & Camille, Serenity by Amy Ellis, Little Miss Sunshine by Lella Boutique, Refresh by Sandy Gervais and an Essential Dot or two in there.

I just might have to make use of this in the coming month or two because there’s going to be a whole lot of sewing- and making-quilts-along.

Did you know the Moda Bake Shop is celebrating their 7th Birthday – Anniversary?  They are!

MBS-ABC-Birthday-QAL-slider-800x420

And they’re starting a wonderful quilt-along tomorrow.  It is based on the “Spell it With Moda” letters and quilt from a few years ago – but different.  Now that they’re so grown-up, they’re adding some new tricks to the repertoire.  It’s going to be awesome.  (Don’t tell anyone but I might have to quilt-along with this one since I missed getting the first one made.)

Wednesday – January 13th.  Moda Bake Shop!  Rumor has it that there might be some prizes along the way.

If you need convincing that making letter-blocks is a good idea…

ThelmaChristmasQuilt

A couple of us in the office are obsessed with this quilt made by Thelma Cupcake – aka “That Thelma”.

I’ve told you about the All-In-A-Row Blog Hop that starts next week, right?

CT-Bright-Row-Quilt

Fabrics?  Prairie by Corey Yoder, Meadow Bloom by April Rosenthal and Gooseberry by Lella Boutique.

The twenty-four Moda folks – dubbed the Moda All-Stars Plus One – will be hopping with the nice folks at Martingale – that starts Monday, January 18th.

Then there is a quilt-along starting with American Patchwork & Quilting, Quilts ‘n More, and the folks at How To Sew.  I’ll let you know about that one when I have a starting date and more details.  Busy busy, right?

If you’re wondering how the coffee fits into all this – aside from having a cup of coffee while sewing…

ModaCoffeeShop3

ModaCoffeeShop10

Osaka, Japan – it opened on Monday.

ModaCoffeeShop2

ModaCoffeeShop9

The Moda Anniversary Selvage Print and the Pre-Market catalog ~ Moda Piece No. 15 – that’s Vintage Picnic.

ModaCoffeeShop7

ModaCoffeeShop5

Our fearless leader – Mr. Dunn.

ModaCoffeeShop6

ModaCoffeeShop8

ModaCoffeeShop4

And because quilters sometimes want a little treat after sometimes most of the time.  All of the time!

ModaCoffeeShop1

Coffee and fabric.

I had a plan… now I just need to figure out how to get to Osaka.

I need fabric and energy for all this sewing I’m going to be doing.

We’re going to be doing, right?

18 comments on “Quilts, coffee and sewing…

1. Carol Eberhardt says:

Hi, there, don’t know if you answer questions, but here’s one for you. I like how the three moda lines are combined to make the quilt…a prairie, Gooseberry and Meadow Bloom. If you were going to combine another fabric line with Canyon, what would work. Looking to make Jen Kingwell’s Gypsy’s Wife.
    Hoping for ideas, thanks!
    I would know if I was an all-access kind of gal! Ha!

2. 8machines says:

That first bundle? I LOVE those last three greens! I’m writing them down! Great bundle but I have the original Strawberry Fields and treasure the bundle!

3. Sinta says:

I have my Row book ready and waiting! Of course I love Ms. Cupcake’s quilt! And Strawberry Fields was my all time favorite… I saved every tiny little scrap… and even made a quilt with them!I’m ready for round two!

4. Colleen says:

Yes “That Thelma” she has made me obsess over your quilt pattern that she renamed for you now i can never remember the name bib–something I want to get that pattern but I can’t find it locally……my eldest granddaughters name is Taylor so I want/need to make that quilt for her.
    I love “That Thelma” and you for having such a great since of humor
    Colleen

• Jan Goerke says:

That was a Schnibbles pattern called Bibelot. I have a Taylor granddaughter too…you just gave me an idea.

It looks like it’s going to be a fabulous year of quilt-a-longs and I am so looking forward to being a participant. Thank you Carrie for all your inspiration.

6. Debbie Metzner says:

Love the idea of a coffee shop with fabric. Or is it a fabric shop with coffee?

Now if you would throw in chocolat to that mix I would jump right in the plan, too;-)
    I have the Moda book and love it and I’ve already planed how to make which quilt with what fabrics (or the colors at least).
    I’ve made all the letters for the Moda Spell it quilt but … didn’t finish the quilt top:-( Maybe I’ll finish it now?

8. Karen says:

Are you serious?! A coffee shop and fabric. OMG!!!!

I have the original Strawberry Fields in FQS BOM form. The shame or only having sewed up one block!

9. Diana W says:

How cool is that Shop in Japan? why don;t we have one of those in Dallas? I would be a regular on the weekends when I am not slaving away working so I can supplement my stash….. I don;t have the all in row book yet, but will be ordering it today, since my LQS doesn’t have it… Thanks for the heads up on the sew along.

10. Tantelilla says:

Lucky me, going to Osaka in a few weeks, do you have the address? So need a coffee fabric fix, while away from my sewing room

We’ll see if we can find out for you – nobody here knows it or has been there. While the coffee shop is called Moda and they carry Moda Fabrics, we don’t have any affiliation with them. 🙂

11. QuiltShopGal says:

Great post with oodles of #CreativeGoodness and fun.

As an FYI, I follow you thru My Creative Blog List which I created to increase awareness of blogs and blogging events. Based on your insights I released a post mid-morning to give a shout out for Moda Bake Shop’s 7th Anniversary. But it looks like the post you said would be released on the 13th still hasn’t been released. By chance do you have any more info, especially on timing for this event, and I can correct my post.

Thanks.

QuiltShopGal

12. Diane Emanuelson says:

When does the Quilt Along begin?

13. Sue says:

Morning Carrie – How do I find the Quilt Along information? I looked on Moda’s Bake shop but am not seeing anything – Thanks, Sue J

14. I am in Osaka doing research for my second book on Japanese quilts. Moda Japan folks took me to the new coffee quilt shop. Love it. Shared some pictures also on my FB (Teresa Duryea Wong Author) and IG (third_floor_quilts). Hope this concept comes to the US!

15. PatSloan says:

ANOTHER reason i want to go to Japan!

16. Tantelilla says:

Hi Carrie – don’t worry – wia the Japanese Moda web-page, a twitter referance and Google translate – I figured out that the adress is “Chuo-ku, Osaka Tamatukuri 1-2-34” Teresa Duryea Wong you might confirm? – looking forward to my vistit!