I love fabric!

Really.  Big surprise, huh?

Did you know there are actual “I Love Fabric” Days ahead?  It’s a celebration and it’s coming next week – Auust 13 through 15.  There’s an online Treasure Hunt, prizes and other cool stuff.

It’s about fabric, what’s not to love?

Happy Friday!  Today is National Raspberries & Cream day and because I love fabric, that’s how I’m celebrating it.

image

These are mostly from For You by Brigitte Heitland for Zen Chic – with a couple of Crossweaves, a couple of Grunge pieces and one or two other things I can’t remember.

If you’re reading this today, I’m in Peoria, Illinois with the Gems of the Prairie Quilt Guild having fun doing several workshops and a trunk show.

imageThese are some of the quilts I showed – some of mine.  Seven Letters – Bright / Shamelessly Copying Jen / Jingle Lollies and Seven Letters – Reproduction.

imageI also brought along a whole bunch of quilts that are only “mine” for a few days.  Kate Spain’s Geode quilt made with her gorgeous Canyon collection – the front of the quilt and the backing, made with leftover pieces from the front.  I love both sides!

Then there is Star of Wonder by Brenda Riddle, made with her beautiful Ambleside collection.  And there is the luscious Aloha Girl Sea Anemone from Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co.

Fortunately the quilts were not in my hotel room the night after the trunk show…

image

It was a false alarm!  Except for the man smoking in his non-smoking hotel room… the one who set off the smoke detector and fire alarm.  I’m betting he was the man looking out his 3rd floor window at the goings-on while the rest of the hotel guests were standing in the parking lot at midnight.

Yes, I did look for Me and My Sister as firetrucks seem to follow Barb around the world.

Speaking of “around the world”, the Moda Bake Shop has gone International – they’re at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England!

imageThat’s Jane, Steve and Wendy from Winbourne Fabrics – the UK distributor for Moda Fabrics – and the Main Moda Man himself – Mr. Dunn.

Do you remember my mentioning that I wear a few different hats in my job – that everyone does?  While there are other Moda-folks making the trip to the United Kingdom for the show, until the rest of the contingent arrives, everybody is helping out with the various Bake Shop duties.

Including demos…

image

You know he made those quilts hanging behind him, right?

I’m kidding!  I had a late night… I’m a little punchy.

Have a terrific weekend!

13 comments on “I love fabric!

1. Vicky says:

Any cute firemen? Just asking …. I’d wager your trunk show was fabulous. Would have loved to have seen size of the trunk that held all those beauties! 🙂

2. Nancy Z says:

LOVE the raspberries and cream! I’m only an hour from Peoria – wish I had known about your visit! Do you post a calendar of such things?

Another iinspirational posting. Thank you Carrie. Enjoy your weekend.

4. Jacque says:

Beautiful! Tried to see about the Seven Letters pattern, but there was no price on the site? Did I do something wrong? 🙂

I love the back of the Geode quilt even more than the front:-) is this in included in the pattern or just the front? And if it’s not would you mind sending me a bigger picture of the back, please. Thank you:-)

6. Kathy Hoback says:

LOVE that tan and brown and red Seven Letters – BEAUTIFUL!!! I never heard of that pattern before – where have I been??? Kathy in FL

7. rosa says:

Beautidul quilts and fabric combo.Have a fun weekend!

8. Mary Ann says:

I am just about to start “Shamelessly copying Carrie copying Jen” What a fun trunk show wish I was there.

9. Diana W says:

Love your musings! The quilts are just lovely! Hope you get some time to sew this weekend!

10. Karen Shackleford says:

Peoria is so lovely — all that green farm land and the river. And wonderful people there. Get someone to take you on the river drive!

11. Britiney says:

Ok. A dumb question. When I click on the links and it takes me to the United Notions storefront, I can’t see how to purchase anything. I’ve been wondering this for a while. Sorry to be dense. :O(

Hi Britiney! It’s not a dumb question, not at all. It’s a frequent question. United Notions is a wholesale company so we provide the links so that you can get the name and stock number of items to make them easier to find in your favorite-local quilt shop. And since we’d rather you support your favorite-local, we’d rather not include links to specific shops. We might forget someone!