Ambleside: A Cure for This Winter Without End

In much of the country right now, it feels as if winter will last forever. But a visit to your local quilt shop will give you hope that spring is just around the corner. That’s because Brenda Riddle’s Ambleside fabrics are popping up in quilt shops, and the line’s sweet flowers and delicate colors are a perfect reminder of the upcoming season and the blooms that will soon be filling our gardens.

Ambleside - Star of Wonder

Star of Wonder and Ambleside

Though she lives near Tucson, Arizona, in a climate that isn’t typically too awful in winter, it hasn’t been an easy season for Bren (as she’s known to friends). That’s because she fell and broke her wrist in November, slowing down her quilt production (and just about everything else).

Meadow 2

Meadow

But she’s on the mend and managed to share these photos of her patterns stitched up in Ambleside—they’re so light-filled and airy you just want to bury your nose in them and breathe in spring! Don’t you feel better just looking at these? (Bren will have kits for each of them available by the end of March or beginning of April.)

A Cuppa 2

A Cuppa

If winter’s got you down, cure those blues by stitching with Ambleside. The crisp, sun-filled feel of an Ambleside quilt thrown over the back of your chair just might get you through ‘til spring. And be on the lookout for Brenda’s next line, which will debut in Minneapolis in May at Quilt Market.

Seedlings

Seedlings

12 comments on “Ambleside: A Cure for This Winter Without End

1. charlotte m. says:

This is such a pretty line. It has been a long time since a soft pallet has appealed to me, but this one is stunning. That seedlings quilt is beautiful. I will be looking out for this.

One of my favorite new lines from Fall Market. So excited that soon I will be able to purchase yardage. Looking forware to her new line too.

3. floridablue1 says:

Oh, this is such a beautiful, soft, and inviting line. I really want to purchase it and make something. In the past I chose vibrant colors, but I find that I’m going for the soft pallets now. They are so pleasing to the eyes.

4. Patricia Cash says:

The fabric is very pretty and will be on my wish list.

5. Colleen Coffman says:

i have been eagerly awaiting the release of this line from Brenda. It is absolutely beautiful and looks as though it would even smell of spring.

6. LINDA says:

BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION !

7. Katy says:

So pretty! Yesterday it was 60,and today snow! I am ready for some spring flowers and this line fills the bill.

8. Love Cuppa! We English can’t be separated from our tea pot for too long.

9. Jeanne says:

So beautiful-I think I love all of those quilts. What beautiful colors!

10. Laura Lane says:

Oh these colors just epitomize spring and happiness!

11. elaine says:

Pretty collection, which would go great with the entire Seaside Rose and Sanctuary collections. Won’t you re-release them so we can have more pretty things?