Bella Bias Bindings

Did you know that Moda carries pre-made bias bindings available by the yard? These bindings come in several wonderful colors including Robins Egg Blue, Leaf, Silver, Christmas Red, Orange, Black, Chartreuse, and Navy!

Since these ready to use bindings are bias and can be sold/purchased by the yard, they are perfect to use when you have a project to bind with curved edges but don’t want to take the extra time to make bias binding. Of course, bias bindings can also be used on straight-edge quilts, and the convenience of these bindings in such traditional colors makes them a must-have!

Lately I’ve found myself using more and more solid bindings on my quilts. I recently attended a quilt retreat where I saw many quilts of many different styles, and it was interesting to see the trend toward using solids for bindings. I’m also currently binding two of my quilts using Bella solids. Bella Aqua (9900 34) goes perfectly with the aqua in Bonnie & Camille’s Marmalade collection.

And Bella Gray (9900 83) works wonderfully with Sweetwater’s latest release, Notebook. (The Bella Gray also looks terrific with Eric & Julie Comstock’s latest collection, 2Wenty Thr3e).

With so many gorgeous Bella solids in every color of the rainbow…

You are sure to find the perfect one to bind your latest quilt!

12 comments on “Bella Bias Bindings

1. Jody says:

This is great! Now if only my LQS would sell them! It’s hard to get them to pick up Bella Solid jelly rolls! They carry . . . . white! And that’s it! *sigh*

2. Melissa says:

Thanks for sharing – I never knew that existed!

3. MIC7898 says:

WOW…This is the first time I have heard about pre-made bias binding! I will be looking for it at my LQS. Fingers crossed one of them carries it.

4. Irene says:

Gorgeous colours. First I’ve seen of these. Will have to look in my LQS

5. Gene Black says:

since I have never seen these either, I am wondering what the size of the binding is.

6. Cindy says:

Have to hop around and see where these are available. I’m curious too, what width are they?

7. Pat says:

If you do a search for “bias binding Moda”, you can find it online. I also found bb in Moda Marbles. You will pay for the convenience, however. The Bell bb was $1.69 at Pink Chalk, but I found Marbles bb and Moda “solids” bb at Fabric Depot for $1.12 per yard. Lots and lots of colors available.

8. klk says:

Aren’t we moving backwards in time to the old bias binding tape that never quite matched? As quilters, have we really degenerated to the point where we can’t even make our own binding?

9. I had not seen that – do you have a link to where they can be purchased?

10. Rosa says:

I have used some of this type of bias and work very well!

11. Sandy D says:

What a great idea.Hope to see them soon at either our on line store or LQS.

12. mabear says:

Jody, I have many of the solid or marble assortments at
    http://www.bearhollowquilts.com I will also see about getting some of the bias binding. Thanks Sandy @ Bear Hollow quilts & Such